ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2019, 07:02 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natagu23 View Post
To boo a man who literally pissed blood for this team is just sickening.

With the shoulder injury---The guy went 585 days without playing football and most of those days he spent rehabbing and seeking alternative treatments to fix his shoulder just so he can come back and throw a fucking football.

He was taking numbing agents for the rest of the season when he hurt his shoulder while tough guys kicked their legs up on the recliner watching him get his shit kicked in aided in part by Grigson's oline.

Watching the disappointment on his face while he left the field was disheartening. I swear football has some the most bone headed fans out of any sport.
It’s called a knee jerk reaction. I’m sure you have had one before and did something classless and then realized you were wrong. I was pissed but now I’m more understanding. I am still not happy it happened but understand. I hate the timing of the decision more than anything but I don’t know all the underlying circumstances either.

I wish Luck well and hope we win multiple SB’s and wish it could have been with him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Coltsfever (08-29-2019), natagu23 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
It’s called a knee jerk reaction. I’m sure you have had one before and did something classless and then realized you were wrong. I was pissed but now I’m more understanding. I am still not happy it happened but understand. I hate the timing of the decision more than anything but I don’t know all the underlying circumstances either.

I wish Luck well and hope we win multiple SB’s and wish it could have been with him.
Hey man its called being human. Id be a hypocrite to dog you for it.

Thats what a lot of fans at the Luke forgot.... the man is also human.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to natagu23 For This Useful Post:
Discflinger (08-26-2019), JAFF (08-26-2019), Luck4Reich (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 11:50 AM

Thanked 4,296 Times in 1,758 Posts

This was a pretty funny read.

I don’t understand how he people that are pissed. I also do t understand gbb being upset about the people upset
Old 08-26-2019, 03:40 PM

I wonder if it played out like this.

Luck confided with the brass back in March that he was seriously considering retirement. Brass told him to take a few months to think about it and they would hold him out of OTAs with a minor injury. They were hoping that after a few months, his competitive juices would win out. When camp began, Luck was still leaning towards retirement and the brass was working on getting him to stay one more year. The longer it went, the more both sides wanted to get a final resolution. Luck still wanted to end it and finally, the brass relented.

Does anyone think this is a possibility?
Old 08-26-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I wonder if it played out like this.

Luck confided with the brass back in March that he was seriously considering retirement. Brass told him to take a few months to think about it and they would hold him out of OTAs with a minor injury. They were hoping that after a few months, his competitive juices would win out. When camp began, Luck was still leaning towards retirement and the brass was working on getting him to stay one more year. The longer it went, the more both sides wanted to get a final resolution. Luck still wanted to end it and finally, the brass relented.

Does anyone think this is a possibility?
Sure very possible

Or he may have even told them last year before the season and maybe they convinced him to give it one more year.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:11 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Saw a rumor on another board that someone slashed Andrews tires?

God, I hope not.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:48 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

ESPN is saying the Colts wanted to put Luck on IR but that Luck was adamant that he is done for good.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:57 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
ESPN is saying the Colts wanted to put Luck on IR but that Luck was adamant that he is done for good.
Credit Luck for that right? Tens of millions of dollars, a new kid on the way and a desire to travel the world. Should he go in IR or go do what he wants.

Jacoby Brisset is the QB of the Indianapolis Colts.

What Luck does with his time is none of my concern, save that I wish him well and wish him happiness.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 05:09 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
This was in Peter King's article. Irsay, Ballard, and Reich spoke with Luck over the course of a few days, bringing up options like "go on IR, take your time to get healthy, and we'll see from there."

But Luck was done mentally. It's why I don't think a future return is realistic. Luck knows the toll that football will take on his body and mind. He recently missed an entire season. If that wasn't enough to spark his desire to just get back on the field at all costs, then retirement probably won't either.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:11 PM

Without any real details I’m not sure how so many have an opinion beyond “it sucks” for Colts fans. There are way to many unknowns for anything else. If the medical issue is as minor as we had been led to believe and if Luck has really only seriously contemplated retirement for 2 weeks then yeah I think it raises some legitimate questions. But the reality is that both the Colts and Luck probably are / have been lying about a lot of it. And while it is frustrating as a fan, Luck doesn’t owe any of us detailed information on his medical status or what went into his retirement decision. Those are extremely private issues. Being highly paid doesn’t change that. If anything, being such a high profile player requires even more secrecy and privacy while he contemplated. Could you have imagined the reaction if Luck had a daily press conference to lay out where he stood on retirement that day? Would you want the “help” of millions of people with one of the hardest decisions you’ll ever make? It’s ridiculous. Luck was paid what he was worth, it wasn’t given to him as charity.