ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-25-2019, 08:51 AM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
And he made not one mention of the fans. Fuck that dude.
To be fair, he went on for a while about the children, just not much about the ones who paid his salary.

Who would have thought RGIII would last in the league longer than Luck?
Old 08-25-2019, 09:15 AM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Cool, guys. Seen enough bullshit. Not that it matters / this needs a response, but I'm done here.
Wow. Seriously?

People vent.

No one is begrudging him anything.

I hope the dude finds happiness away from football and lives to be 100 years old.

But this really really sucks for the Colts and the fans.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:26 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
This is where I am. I get the posters who were drunk last night and posted what they did. However, given the myriad of former players who can barely walk and talk, let alone eat with a fork, I won't be that harsh. I am angry that he didn't give it one last go with this roster, but in the end, there is nothing that I could do beyond vent online, so I move on and root for the guys who wear the Shoe this year.
Can't speak for others but I can for the record state I wasn't drunk in my rage last night and it hasn't eased any this morning.

I am really struggling to process all the pieces here and I can't move off the point that this guy just reamed us in a huge way.

So he has a strain that is of near zero concern in mini-camps and HE makes it clear HE is going to be ready for camp. Standard Luck giggly "I will be ready for camp" nerdness...

Okay, so draft is out the window, and realistically had he told them at the end of last year he was hanging them up- who knows, but realistically with a Ballard type I don't see him giving up a ton of the future to try to move up in a draft class where the "biggest" guy is a Michael Vick wannabe and a Daniel Jones is a guy people covet, while Haskins could take 3-5 years to shape into a long term answer... If we had known before hand, yeah we could probably make that move for Foles, so there's that taken off the table if he KNEW this that far back...and I think he did, but that's just my opinion.

So let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say that his real decision came between mini and training camp. Here's where I just don't buy this guys BS that this is an injury thing and the ankle is the final straw.

Camp starts, he takes a few days off at the beginning due to this lingering pain, steps on the field and looks like he's primed to go. Then he has to step back due to pain. Then they come out with the BS the last couple weeks that he can't practice due to lingering pain...BUUUUUT no one, not anyone with any access says shit about him wearing a boot. He's not present, then last weekend he's in warm ups he's running around laughing while going through exercises... NO BOOT. Yesterday, he didn't go through warm ups but several times I watched him come up to work with a QB and demonstrate a plant and drop back- no wincing, NO BOOT, stands the entire game, laughing, doing standard Luck shit...

Now in his press conference he's talking all this shit about how he's still in pain, it's a myriad of issues, strain, impingement, etc... and talks about how one of his first orders of business is to do what's necessary to stop this pain in his ankle.

I'm no doctor but if you are having that much of a problem, do you jump around and laugh with guys while doing it, or do you ask a doctor to immobilize the thing and get you on some crutches so you don't have pain- regardless of whether or not you get paid to play football for a living?

To me, it just doesn't add up. My read is he's known for quite some time he was not going to do this anymore but until last weekend he didn't have the balls to just come out and tell them it was over so he strung them, and us, along. Ballard made some mention of tough conversations they have all had recently and I think he specifically mentioned last Monday as sort of a trigger point.

I think it might have been those guys telling him they were tired of the hem hawing and they were moving on and now the ankle thing is just a soft landing spot for everyone to go their own ways and save as much face as possible instead of the org saying "yeah, Andy sort of threw all these guys that wear this horseshoe under the bus, thanks for F'ing us Andy".

If so, then screw him for not letting them have the option of trying to upgrade the position, and I'm not saying they would have chosen to do so because I really think Ballard is a JB fan and is willing to roll with him, but if so, he trapped them in a corner by waiting this long to finally do what he should have done a long time ago- probably around the SB I would imagine.

So on that basis, no, I do not hold a grudge for him retiring, hell yes I would be inclined to retire if I had $91M in salary and probably another $150M in endorsements sitting in my account. But to do it this way, 2 weeks before a season and IMO blame it on what IMO is made up- to me, that's the mark of a real coward that doesn't deserve my respect.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:29 AM

I guess this is good news for Walker and Kelly. One of them was facing being cut, but now they both should be safe.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I guess this is good news for Walker and Kelly. One of them was facing being cut, but now they both should be safe.
Walker just doesn't have the size for it. He can make that "wow" play once every few series but in between, he's going to hurt you.

Kelly is for real. He throws an outstanding ball and you can see his command of the huddle. I am obviously pulling for Jacoby to just kill it when the bullets fly but after 2 games if he doesn't look the part, I absolutely want to see Kelly running this squad and see what he can do with all this talent around him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
NextManUp (08-26-2019), Racehorse (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 10:29 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
To be fair, he went on for a while about the children, just not much about the ones who paid his salary.

Who would have thought RGIII would last in the league longer than Luck?
Race, I listened to all of what is available online and he mentioned Riley Hospital (bless them and the kids there) but he made not one mention about the Colts fans (other than hearing the booing and being "hurt"). That dude is a coward and left us high and dry.
ChoppedWood (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 10:46 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
This is where I am. I get the posters who were drunk last night and posted what they did. However, given the myriad of former players who can barely walk and talk, let alone eat with a fork, I won't be that harsh. I am angry that he didn't give it one last go with this roster, but in the end, there is nothing that I could do beyond vent online, so I move on and root for the guys who wear the Shoe this year.
I have that same basic thoughts. I am unhappy we lost our all star qb right before we were poised to go on some sb runs. However I get why he left. He has money, opportunity, family, and still has his health mostly in tact. He is smart and has different priorities, I will not fault him for that. Also, fans get way to emotional about sports. I love the colts but never let it ruin my day when they lose.

That being said, this sucks!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-25-2019), VeveJones007 (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I have that same basic thoughts. I am unhappy we lost our all star qb right before we were poised to go on some sb runs. However I get why he left. He has money, opportunity, family, and still has his health mostly in tact. He is smart and has different priorities, I will not fault him for that. Also, fans get way to emotional about sports. I love the colts but never let it ruin my day when they lose.

That being said, this sucks!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Simpatico
Old 08-25-2019, 11:25 AM

Kevin Bowen was just on with Jersey Johnny, great take on things.

Said absolute shock to the system hearing this yesterday. But also said that if there were two guys in the NFL that have the right mindset to handle this and not have panic, it's Ballard and Reich.

Said that Ballard was not bullshitting when he said in his 1st presser that this was not about one guy and that he has maintained that position throughout and that Reich absolutely took it to heart. Said Reich more or less meets with the medical folks, gets a report on who is available and that's where he dedicates his time and doesn't care about the name, just about what they need to do to win ball games. Brought up a great point about how Frank Reich is possibly the ideal candidate to help a career backup understand what it takes to become the leader of a team and carry that responsibility.

You can only read so much into what is said but obviously Bowen has a decent insight into the club, and it sure as hell sounds like there's been a lot of contingency planning by the front office for this possibility at any moment- and last night that moment arrived. Bowen did not sugar coat it, he said Luck left the Colts in a terrible position, that he did no one any favors by doing this this way, but he expects the three guys at the top to really do a good job of handling this situation and that they do have a lot of faith in JB. Forgot to add, and I guess I didn't realize it, this is a contract year for Jacoby, how crazy is that set up... could go from a nice comfortable living to the highest contract in the NFL in a matter of months- just has to get out there and show everyone why the staff is so high on him.

Last edited by ChoppedWood; 08-25-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilli57 View Post
I'm getting real close to the Anti-Andrew Luck camp. This is bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I could almost see this shit coming. Posted this on 8/13. I don't begrudge the guy for retiring but not 2 weeks before the season. That's bullshit. Fuck him and fuck his father too. I'll never watch that XFL pussy league now.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwilli57 For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-25-2019)