ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-03-2019, 10:56 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts
Default Quick thoughts on losing to the Steelers. Again

1). On top of all the other shit that has happened since week 1, my laptop took a shit awhile back. So excuse any obvious autocorrect bullshit you may see and I type this up on my phone.

2). Let Brissett sit a week or two. If it is a moderate mcl strain, he will be fine quickly. And honestly, Hoyer isn’t much of a drop off, if at all. Reich can scheme a game plan with Hoyer no problem. Hoyer can execute it. Let Brissett heal.

3). Our oline is overrated. The left side is good. The right side is weak. And we really aren’t a power running team. Overall I think they did ok today. They all had some bad moments. Especially late with Smith but that is who they are and the Steelers are good up front.

4). With our injuries at wr, I wouldn’t mind seeing more passes to the backs. Get these guys some balls in space. Mack was good today. Got owned in pass protection but ran well and his feet and patience has been a welcomed surprise.

5). Pascal looking like Reggie at times today. It is very unfortunate he isn’t just playing the 3 or 4 role. Dude is just great. Specials, good hands, field awareness, and he blocks his dick off. Love that dude

6). Fuck Cain and all his Twitter fanboys. He has 4 catches. Fuck off

7). Campbell can play football. I just don’t think he will ever be the guy we want him to be. That’s a prediction made with very little info. I could be wrong. He has talent

8). I hope Funchess can be a steroid injection into the offense. It needs it

9). Where the fuck did Ebron go?

10). We have almost no talent at dt. Pretty inexcusable if you as me. We have cash and picks. Ballard needs to open his eyes. He has let go of better players than we have.

11). Houston is picking it up. Banogu has some rush ability. Good to see him making something of the Turay injury. He was on Rudolph multiple times.

12). Kenny Moore made some plays. For a tiny dude I fucking love his open field tackling ability.

13). Ya Sin got toasted again but it was what? Once? That’s not so bad in the grand scheme of things. Still a bit worrisome

14). Hooker is a lot better this year than I thought. Why are they playing him at the line so much?

15). Ballard loves his picks and that is great but can we talk about 2 2nd round picks being healthy scratches? Especially Lewis? And Wilson has never played as poorly as ya sin, so I would love to hear that story.

16). What the dick happened to Darius Leonard? Dude needs to find his game.

17). They won’t cut Vinnie but they should. He is done.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (11-04-2019), apballin (11-04-2019), bertjones (11-04-2019), Chaka (11-04-2019), ChoppedWood (11-03-2019), Dewey 5 (11-04-2019), indycolts2 (11-04-2019), njcoltfan (11-04-2019), Pez (11-04-2019), Racehorse (11-04-2019), smitty46953 (11-03-2019), Spike (11-03-2019), YDFL Commish (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
5). Pascal looking like Reggie at times today. It is very unfortunate he isn’t just playing the 3 or 4 role. Dude is just great. Specials, good hands, field awareness, and he blocks his dick off. Love that dude
No question. Nice to see him step it up with all of our WR injuries. Easy guy to root for.

Quote:
7). Campbell can play football. I just don’t think he will ever be the guy we want him to be. That’s a prediction made with very little info. I could be wrong. He has talent
I'm curious what he did that makes you question his ceiling after today's game. To my untrained eye, he looked really explosive and a potential difference maker (albeit with ball security issues), but your technical knowledge is far greater than mine so I'm wondering what you saw. Watching him jet through the Steelers defense was one of the high points in the game for me. I might be wrong, but I don't think he dropped any passes either.

Quote:
9). Where the fuck did Ebron go?
Good question. I'll be interested to see the snap counts because I didn't see him out there very much (and I was looking for him).

Quote:
13). Ya Sin got toasted again but it was what? Once? That’s not so bad in the grand scheme of things. Still a bit worrisome
Rudolph wasn't throwing down the field much, so not sure if that means the DBs were playing lights out, or that was just the Steelers gameplan because they don't trust their QB to make those kind of throws. On the play I think you're referring to, it seemed like Ya Sin was on the guy for most of the route, but the ball was underthown and Ya Sin either didn't recognize this or didn't know how to deal with it.

Quote:
15). Ballard loves his picks and that is great but can we talk about 2 2nd round picks being healthy scratches? Especially Lewis? And Wilson has never played as poorly as ya sin, so I would love to hear that story..
Not sure about Lewis, but I'm guessing the Wilson scratch isn't completely related to his on-field performance. The guy has a history of maturity/practice issues, so perhaps those have surfaced again.

Quote:
They won’t cut Vinnie but they should. He is done.
Seems like its gotta be mental with him. It's not like his body is worn out and he no longer has the ability to perform. He's shown us he still has the leg, but he's just fallen apart for some reason. Agree he won't be cut though.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:38 AM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

I don't think Suck Ya-Sin can deal with a thing called the forward pass, and that's a bad thing for a cornerback in the NFL. Cut him, he sucks.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:23 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts
Default Quick thoughts on losing to the Steelers. Again

Thanks for the write up omaha.

Hoyer played pretty well for a (technically) 3rd string qb. He made some throws and kept us in it.

I like pascal, i hope he continues to mature. I think campbell will be a weapon reich can play with in the future, but he looked like he was getting a head of himself a bit yesterday. Did he have fumble issues in college?

We continue to make stupid mistakes to let the opposition back in games. We had them stopped then get a dumb penalty giving them a free field goal try before the half. We get a safety then fuck up the free kick giving them great field position.

AV is the goat but time to retire, most likely after the year is over. You are right he won’t be cut and they will back him but this is several games the kicking has cost us.

I don’t usually bang on the refs but they had several bad calls against us last night that hurt. Leonard hit that dude in bounds, that was not PI on tell, and total bs call on that hit on the punt returner, totally clean. I think they knew they fucked up and refused to admit it on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 10:38 AM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
15). Ballard loves his picks and that is great but can we talk about 2 2nd round picks being healthy scratches? Especially Lewis? And Wilson has never played as poorly as ya sin, so I would love to hear that story.

I have some doubts about Lewis and Campbell as well. Why? The curse of Mike Doss.

Not one Ohio State Buckeye drafted by the Colts since Mike Doss has lived up to their potential (sometimes due to injuries). It was true with the Polian and Grigson front offices and now maybe with Ballard.

Let's go over the draft picks since Doss:

2004 - 3rd Round - Ben Hartsock - Ben eventually carved out a 10 year journeyman career as a reserve / spot starter. However, he was injured in his second year with the Colts and they moved on. He only played 1.5 seasons with the Colts

2007 - 1st Round - Anthony Gonzalez - He had an OK rookie year as a slot receiver and showed some improvements in year 2. Was injured in the season opener of year 3 and was injured for most of the rest of his playing career.

2007 - 3rd Round - Quinn Pitcock - Played 9 games for the Colts and decided he preferred video games instead.

2007 - 5th Round - Roy Hall - Roy played before Twitter became popular - if Roy played right now, I think he would have more Twitter fans than Deon Cain. He had so many fanboys back in the day. Roy ended his NFL career with 1 reception.

2014 - 2nd Round - Jack Mewhort - Jack had a promising first two seasons with the Colts before suffering knee injuries in Years 3 and 4. He started every game that he played in. Decided to retire due to the knee injuries.

2017 - 1st Round - Malik Hooker - Obviously a talented player. Has had his share of injuries - missed 9 games in year 1, 2 games in year 2, already missed 3 games this year. He will play through injury, however, as evidenced earlier this year.

2018 - 2nd Round - Tyquan Lewis

2019 - 2nd Round - Parris Campbell

I don't know if the Colts should be drafting any more Buckeyes. At least until the curse is lifted. Maybe the curse will be reversed if Mike Doss is inducted into the Colts Ring of Honor?

I wrote that partly as a joke / partly being serious. The Colts have drafted 8 players from Ohio State over the last 15 years including 5 selections in Rounds 1 & 2 and have thus far seen very little results on the field. Would have thought at least one player would have been a consistent difference maker.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I don't think Suck Ya-Sin can deal with a thing called the forward pass, and that's a bad thing for a cornerback in the NFL. Cut him, he sucks.
We can't cut him, he was our first pick. But it does worry me that we have invested in two high 2nd round corners. One is a healthy sit, and the other has high school technique issues.

And where is Lewis? Did he and Wilson get caught banging the owners' daughter?
Old 11-04-2019, 10:54 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Thanks for the write up omaha.

Hoyer played pretty well for a (technically) 3rd string qb. He made some throws and kept us in it.

I like pascal, i hope he continues to mature. I think campbell will be a weapon reich can play with in the future, but he looked like he was getting a head of himself a bit yesterday. Did he have fumble issues in college?

We continue to make stupid mistakes to let the opposition back in games. We had them stopped then get a dumb penalty giving them a free field goal try before the half. We get a safety then fuck up the free kick giving them great field position.

AV is the goat but time to retire, most likely after the year is over. You are right he won’t be cut and they will back him but this is several games the kicking has cost us.

I don’t usually bang on the refs but they had several bad calls against us last night that hurt. Leonard hit that dude in bounds, that was not PI on tell, and total bs call on that hit on the punt returner, totally clean. I think they knew they fucked up and refused to admit it on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No one even touched him in college he was so fast. It actually is a fairly common problem with guys like this. They got away with carrying the ball away from the body in college because they were such better athletes than everyone else. Ball security can be taught though, and it is more just a discipline issue, usually they learn after they cost their team a game or some other huge mistake. Pretty common NFL rookie issues. At least he isn't a RB with ball security problems.

The plus side is he caught all 5 passes thrown his way. Hands is something we really need right now. Also he isn't a small guy, you see him take on Fitzpatrick and actually knock him back. Fitzpatrick is a big safety.

One other thing, Cambell had x-rays on his hand after the game. The results were inconclusive. So there might be an issue there.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
No one even touched him in college he was so fast. It actually is a fairly common problem with guys like this. They got away with carrying the ball away from the body in college because they were such better athletes than everyone else. Ball security can be taught though, and it is more just a discipline issue, usually they learn after they cost their team a game or some other huge mistake. Pretty common NFL rookie issues. At least he isn't a RB with ball security problems.

The plus side is he caught all 5 passes thrown his way. Hands is something we really need right now. Also he isn't a small guy, you see him take on Fitzpatrick and actually knock him back. Fitzpatrick is a big safety.

One other thing, Cambell had x-rays on his hand after the game. The results were inconclusive. So there might be an issue there.
I saw PC make some ball handling corrections throughout the game. By the 3rd quarter he was wrapping it up before anyone got close to him.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 11-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I saw PC make some ball handling corrections throughout the game. By the 3rd quarter he was wrapping it up before anyone got close to him.
Fumbling will make you do that. I still think he carries it too loose in space still. He needs to tuck that under his peck and create that triangle of peck, ribs, and arm to keep it in all the time against the body. He is always going to be in space with guys coming at angles he can't see. And the way defense practice knocking it out in the pros, he has to assume that ball will get hit at any moment.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:22 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

A few thoughts:

Definitely start Hoyer if Brissett doesn't have his usual escape ability.

Hargrave was a load out there. Big Q had problems with him on more than one occasion.

Mack is doing a great job. I see how the Steelers used (and then overused) Samuel and how the Packers use their RB's in the passing game, and ask why we can't do more of that? Hines can be a game changer with more touches.

Pascal was the best offensive player on the field yesterday.

Cain is a waste of a roster spot.

I've never seen Hooker be such a factor on run defense. I think the coaches must have told him that if he wants defensive snaps he can't just play center field anymore.

AV is done. After watching Justin Tucker boom XP's last night and comparing that to AV's wobbly duck's, it's obvious.

I thought that Marvell Tell held his own out there.

Neither of Leonard's PF's should have been called.

This team has got to stop with the close games, because the ref's or just dumb luck can steal those wins from you.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-04-2019)