ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-11-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Talk about Brady being a Colt, that's a Banning!
Peyton Banning
Old 01-11-2020, 01:30 PM
Poster Extraordinaire

Thanked 1,502 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Setting aside the gut-level disgust that overtakes me when I think of Brady in a Colts uniform, I just can't see a realistic scenario where this takes place.

From the Colts perspective, why would they put themselves in a position to allow another member of the Patriots organization to embarrass them again? What if Brady pulled some sort of McDaniel's-like move on them? I don't think Colts fans would be as sympathetic this time.

Also, why bring in an expensive 43-year old QB at this point when we already have Brissett under contract for $15 million or so, and we are likely going to be drafting a young QB to compete? It doesn't make sense. And, even if the Colts somehow decided to go the veteran QB route, I'd think that someone like Rivers would be a more likely target due to his ties with our current coaches.

From Brady's perspective, the Colts are the organization that directly called him out for his cheating and led to one of the most embarrassing moments of his career. I'm sure he's got lots of hard feelings about that.
I think most of those who say it would work are doing the Madden thing where chemistry doesn't matter, just take a player and plug him in. So they see Brady trying to win another SB, and look for a good team with a glaring hole at QB, and the see the Colts. They see this team as only a QB away from being a SB caliber team, and one with a good line and think Brady would want to leave NE, where he is not going to win another one, and see Indy as a team that would fit his criteria. They are wrong because we don't cheat, and we don't like the guy.
Pez (01-12-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 06:39 PM

It wouldn't be the end of the world. But it's not gonna happen. It's a high risk with someone that age in a high profile position. It could be that age sets in which probably happened with AV.

Free agency and trades don't work well with QBs especially if they have been under a system for so long. Peyton Manning wasn't the reason why the Broncos won the Super Bowl.

Taking a chance on a 40+ year old QB is a high risk.

It would be interesting to see how good Brady really is outside of NE.

He will retire as a Pat. They will get a friendly hometown discount.

Are there any teams a QB away from winning a Super Bowl?
Old 01-12-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
It wouldn't be the end of the world.
It would be for Jim Irsay if Colts fans who hate that cheating asshole want refunds on their season tickets if they bring him in.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
It would be for Jim Irsay if Colts fans who hate that cheating asshole want refunds on their season tickets if they bring him in.
I doubt it. We are talking about a .0000000001% chance of it happening. He's more of a ? than a missing piece of the puzzle outside of the Pats.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:00 AM

Thanked 1,129 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Eh, I doubt that a meaningful number would do that.