ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 04-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

The strength of this nation has been our ability to tell those we elect what we think. To question the governments actions and hold them accountable. Im not sure if that will happen here
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Brylok (04-08-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 10:47 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Adolf Hitler says hello
I said leader, not evil motherfucker. Trump has shit leadership skills for a US president, he says one thing does another and then says something else entirely on twitter, that leads to confusion and distrust.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 12:02 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
And fascist governments have the media controlled by their corporate overlords. I use fascist as defined by Benito Mussolini there. By his definition, it's hard to argue against the country being a fascist oligarchy at present.
That's where we're pretty much at. The GOP/Trump's goal is a gangster style oligarchy government like Russia has, and we're almost there. When it happens, his supporters, particularly the poor ones, will wonder why they've been left out of the spoils/graft. What the hell happened?! How come I'm still poor?! And then they'll blame the Democrats/liberals.
Unless there's a massive change, this country is doomed.
omahacolt (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 10:48 AM

The Trump Deranged Syndrome is strong on this board.

Honestly, you think any of the last number of President's was in it "for the people?" Obama, Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1? Really? They were all running their own agenda, pushing their own pet projects regardless of how it would negatively effect "the people" and left office incredibly wealthy.

How about the failed candidates? Hillary? Romney? McCain? Kerry? Gore? Dole? Any of those folks "for the people?"

The last President that I think was working for the people was Reagan and even he had his own pet projects. He was not a fiscal conservative in any way shape or form and set up what is now the incredibly short sighted deficit spending "norm" for our nation.

His strategy did win the Cold War and restart an economic boom that lifted everyone's boat and I give him a ton of credit for that but our nation and political system no longer offers up politicians at the national level that are not wholly owned by someone else they need to re-pay once in office.

Biden will be better? Hahahahahaha. Bernie? Hillary or Cuomo if they decide to remove Biden because of his obvious mental issues?

Not a one of them are "for the people." They are all in it for themselves and "their" group of folks.

Rage against Trump all you want, but he is the only political "outsider" we have had in office since Eisenhower who is not owned by their political party. His appointment of judges will at least keep our legal system on track to remain loyal to the Constitution for another generation regardless of how bad our political "masters" get.

I am not a fan of Trump's at all but to say he has the "worst" leadership ever or is worse than other President's in making a buck means you have just not studied U.S. history very much. Look at the Grant administration. Look at the Carter term; there are two examples of President's who were much worse that Trump in just about any metric you want to measure with.

My two cents.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Colt Classic (04-08-2020), Racehorse (04-08-2020), smitty46953 (04-08-2020), Spike (04-15-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 11:14 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
That's where we're pretty much at. The GOP/Trump's goal is a gangster style oligarchy government like Russia has, and we're almost there. When it happens, his supporters, particularly the poor ones, will wonder why they've been left out of the spoils/graft. What the hell happened?! How come I'm still poor?! And then they'll blame the Democrats/liberals.
Unless there's a massive change, this country is doomed.
When he got elected he constantly asked when he could meet Putin. All the time "when do I get to meet Putin". He idolizes the guy.

I have a college buddy who works in DC, he is head of a legal staff for a long time senator and the GOP. The stories he tells me are nuts. They can't stand the guy but the party loves him so they go along. Everyone complains about the deep state, but the deep state are the ones shielding or tempering us from his illogical decisions. Half the time he is simply motivated to stay in the headlines. As long as he is in the headlines he thinks he will win re-election. He is a complete narcissist and has zero empathy. Its all a con and tells people what they want to hear so he can get what he wants.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:36 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post

Honestly, you think any of the last number of President's was in it "for the people?" Obama, Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1? Really? They were all running their own agenda, pushing their own pet projects regardless of how it would negatively effect "the people" and left office incredibly wealthy.

How about the failed candidates? Hillary? Romney? McCain? Kerry? Gore? Dole? Any of those folks "for the people?"

The last President that I think was working for the people was Reagan and even he had his own pet projects. He was not a fiscal conservative in any way shape or form and set up what is now the incredibly short sighted deficit spending "norm" for our nation.

His strategy did win the Cold War and restart an economic boom that lifted everyone's boat and I give him a ton of credit for that but our nation and political system no longer offers up politicians at the national level that are not wholly owned by someone else they need to re-pay once in office.

Biden will be better? Hahahahahaha. Bernie? Hillary or Cuomo if they decide to remove Biden because of his obvious mental issues?

Not a one of them are "for the people." They are all in it for themselves and "their" group of folks.

Rage against Trump all you want, but he is the only political "outsider" we have had in office since Eisenhower who is not owned by their political party. His appointment of judges will at least keep our legal system on track to remain loyal to the Constitution for another generation regardless of how bad our political "masters" get.

I am not a fan of Trump's at all but to say he has the "worst" leadership ever or is worse than other President's in making a buck means you have just not studied U.S. history very much. Look at the Grant administration. Look at the Carter term; there are two examples of President's who were much worse that Trump in just about any metric you want to measure with.

My two cents.
Prepare to be attacked by people who think the guy in the White House is the most important part of their lives. It is sad that they can hate him so much, but thought it was wrong of anyone to question Obama in any way. News flash: the President does not make you life better or worse; you do!
Spike (04-15-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron shaft View Post

Ahh, the old everyone is corrupt, so my guy isn’t that bad argument. One of conservatives current favorites. I could list all the ways Trump is more corrupt and more dangerous but we both know it wouldn’t matter. If you can’t see the level of Trumps corruption and the frequency of his out right lies then there isn’t much that can be said. You’ve decided to put politics above principles- if you even have any.

Quote:
The last President that I think was working for the people was Reagan....
Maybe....unless you were black, gay, or had a mental illness.

Quote:
Ahh, Trump the outsider, another favorite. He’s definitely doing your bidding. Some brand of conservatives see government as naturally corrupt and ineffective, so they elect people who help prove them right. Congrats, you got a fucking winner this time!

Oh yeah judges! The holy grail! They are doing a great job defending the constitution- man that was awesome what they’ve done with the Wisconsin primary! About fucking time someone made it so difficult to vote during a pandemic and with only 5 of 180 polling stations open in Milwaukee! What an absolutely win for Americans! Constitution defended! I’m seriously amazed at how often defending the constitution helps suppress voter turnout or voter disenfranchisement, harms POC, or other minority groups.

Man, I really am amazed at people in this country. I understand having different views on how to accomplish things. But I don’t understand electing an ignorant con man as POTUS. I don’t understand putting politics above principles. I respect conservatives, but I have zero respect for Trump supporters - and I many in my family. I simply can’t respect willful ignorance. And I can’t respect someone that decides getting their judges is worth the damage being done to this country’s institutions internationally and domestically. That’s my 2 cents.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Chaka (04-08-2020), JAFF (04-08-2020), omahacolt (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Prepare to be attacked by people who think the guy in the White House is the most important part of their lives. It is sad that they can hate him so much, but thought it was wrong of anyone to question Obama in any way. News flash: the President does not make you life better or worse; you do!
My life has been fine under Trump, just as it had been under Obama. Some people believe in higher principles than just what affects them daily. But admittedly, that’s not a typical Trumpian view is it? I can see the danger and damage of Trump while my life is just fine. Kinda weird conservatives want it both ways - your life is on you, Trump isn’t effecting it. But he’s great because he’ll appoint judges that will rule in certain ways! Can’t have it both ways. Either government has an affect or it doesn’t. But if you don’t see the issues with having the leader of a country brag about his television ratings during a pandemic or mocks a disabled reporter then there isn’t much that can be said to you. Either you have values or you don’t.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Chaka (04-08-2020), omahacolt (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 02:49 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Ahh, the old everyone is corrupt, so my guy isn’t that bad argument. One of conservatives current favorites. I could list all the ways Trump is more corrupt and more dangerous but we both know it wouldn’t matter. If you can’t see the level of Trumps corruption and the frequency of his out right lies then there isn’t much that can be said. You’ve decided to put politics above principles- if you even have any.

Maybe....unless you were black, gay, or had a mental illness.

Ahh, Trump the outsider, another favorite. He’s definitely doing your bidding. Some brand of conservatives see government as naturally corrupt and ineffective, so they elect people who help prove them right. Congrats, you got a fucking winner this time!

Oh yeah judges! The holy grail! They are doing a great job defending the constitution- man that was awesome what they’ve done with the Wisconsin primary! About fucking time someone made it so difficult to vote during a pandemic and with only 5 of 180 polling stations open in Milwaukee! What an absolutely win for Americans! Constitution defended! I’m seriously amazed at how often defending the constitution helps suppress voter turnout or voter disenfranchisement, harms POC, or other minority groups.

Man, I really am amazed at people in this country. I understand having different views on how to accomplish things. But I don’t understand electing an ignorant con man as POTUS. I don’t understand putting politics above principles. I respect conservatives, but I have zero respect for Trump supporters - and I many in my family. I simply can’t respect willful ignorance. And I can’t respect someone that decides getting their judges is worth the damage being done to this country’s institutions internationally and domestically. That’s my 2 cents.
Very well said. 100% true
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 02:54 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
There is nothing sad about hating trump. It means you have a well adjusted moral compass.

I understand conservatives, liberals and libertarians. I don’t understand the love for trump. Unchecked political power in the hands of that mfer should not make anyone’s dick hard. No ethics, integrity as a man, and no morals.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Chaka (04-08-2020), Chromeburn (04-08-2020), JAFF (04-08-2020), rm1369 (04-08-2020)