ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 06-23-2019, 08:46 PM

Default Colts training camp battles for starting positions

I highlight a few position battles to watch during this 2019 Colts training camp!

With a teaser at the end!

Feel free to share, and let me know what you think!

https://fullpresscoverage.com/2019/0...training-camp/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lawrence Owen For This Useful Post:
Johanvil (06-24-2019), Luck4Reich (06-24-2019), Oldcolt (06-24-2019), smitty46953 (06-24-2019), VeveJones007 (06-25-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 12:47 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Nice article. Gives us something fun to discuss. I'm hoping Rock has a hard time breaking into the lineup because Quincy is so good. Wilson lost quite a bit of weight which has to improve his speed/quickness and shows me his dedication. Pretty excited as we could have a great cb position. Getting a pro bowl type defender (hello Kenny Moore) without using any draft capital was huge.

I'm not so sure that the Colts, at least with some players, aren't starting to go the 'position-less' way that the NBA is headed. NFL teams started doing this with defensive lineman (see JJ Watt, etc) and the Colts seem to see some linebackers and offensive players (Hines) the same way. I'm wondering if guys like Banogu, Tell and Campbell are not slated to line up all over the field.

It will be very interesting to see how innovative we will be in use of the new guys. It is so much more fun having a coaching staff that will be innovative. Love rooting for this team.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Lawrence Owen (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Nice article. Gives us something fun to discuss. I'm hoping Rock has a hard time breaking into the lineup because Quincy is so good. Wilson lost quite a bit of weight which has to improve his speed/quickness and shows me his dedication. Pretty excited as we could have a great cb position. Getting a pro bowl type defender (hello Kenny Moore) without using any draft capital was huge.

I'm not so sure that the Colts, at least with some players, aren't starting to go the 'position-less' way that the NBA is headed. NFL teams started doing this with defensive lineman (see JJ Watt, etc) and the Colts seem to see some linebackers and offensive players (Hines) the same way. I'm wondering if guys like Banogu, Tell and Campbell are not slated to line up all over the field.

It will be very interesting to see how innovative we will be in use of the new guys. It is so much more fun having a coaching staff that will be innovative. Love rooting for this team.
Absolutely. Thanks for the kind words. And as for position-less, that is an interesting point. You see our D-line interchange through-out each game, and Banogu seems a player that can swap between DE and OLB on a whim if needed.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:37 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Good article, thanks.

I really do wonder what they are doing to do with Banogu. Part of me wants to believe them when they see they are convinced he's a DE and that he'll be playing that position exclusively.
But another part of me hopes they will be mixing things up on defense, which could mean various things like switching Banogu between DE and SAM, and maybe even sometimes moving Leonard to MIKE while playing Okereke at WILL.
I think this kind of flexibility, depending on game context, can confuse offenses and maybe result in big plays for the D.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Lawrence Owen (06-25-2019), Oldcolt (06-25-2019), Racehorse (06-25-2019), smitty46953 (06-25-2019), VeveJones007 (06-25-2019)

Tags
colts, nfl