ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 04-25-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Pretty sure that's just me.
And as I've said, it's legitimate to keep in mind, given that Ballard dumped Hankins/Anderson, who are still effective, due to scheme fit.

He takes DL scheme fit quite seriously, apparently.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

I gotta admit I agree with Dammy, (Dam that hurt) LOL
Maybe I am a bit biased as I am a ND fan. I have watched Tillery a bunch and think he will fit in our scheme just fine. Not too mention he is a "Golden Domer" Go Irish !!!
YDFL Commish (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 11:07 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
I gotta admit I agree with Dammy, (Dam that hurt) LOL
Maybe I am a bit biased as I am a ND fan. I have watched Tillery a bunch and think he will fit in our scheme just fine. Not too mention he is a "Golden Domer" Go Irish !!!
Do you know of any clips where he splits a gap off the snap? My hold up is that basically all the highlights I’ve seen are him winning from a 2 gap technique. I know the measureables say he’s quick and athletic enough to play a 1 gap style, but I haven’t been able to confirm that on tape.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
And as I've said, it's legitimate to keep in mind, given that Ballard dumped Hankins/Anderson, who are still effective, due to scheme fit.

He takes DL scheme fit quite seriously, apparently.
Yep. As I asked Smitty, I haven’t seen the right skill set on tape based on my understanding of what Eberflus wants. I could be wrong on what Eberflus wants or the projection of putting Tillery into this system and the different things it would ask of him.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Yep. As I asked Smitty, I haven’t seen the right skill set on tape based on my understanding of what Eberflus wants. I could be wrong on what Eberflus wants or the projection of putting Tillery into this system and the different things it would ask of him.
Also, John Simon, who he dumped for nothing, who has acclimiated quite nicely up in New England.

Though moving him to DE was always kind of a head-scratcher, if there's one thing I don't like, it's how scheme dependent we apparently are along the DL when going with more flexible/hybrid seems to be the way of the NFL.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Do you know of any clips where he splits a gap off the snap? My hold up is that basically all the highlights I’ve seen are him winning from a 2 gap technique. I know the measureables say he’s quick and athletic enough to play a 1 gap style, but I haven’t been able to confirm that on tape.
Clips not really, will see what I can find. Mostly just eyeball as I watched about every ND game since 1976...
Old 04-25-2019, 11:37 AM

Will Jacoby Brissett still be a Colt come Sunday? I’ve seen a few articles speculating that the Colts may trade Brissett and draft a new backup QB in a later round.

Personally, I haven’t really bought into the idea that other teams are clambering for Brissett and would be willing to give the Colts a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. A lot of that stuff seems to come from reports generated by Indy-focused media. I realize he’s got some experience under his belt, but there are tons of out-of-work QBs with experience too. There’s also Josh Rosen, drafted 10th overall only last year, and who the Cardinals can’t seem to get someone to give up a 2nd rounder for.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Will Jacoby Brissett still be a Colt come Sunday? I’ve seen a few articles speculating that the Colts may trade Brissett and draft a new backup QB in a later round.

Personally, I haven’t really bought into the idea that other teams are clambering for Brissett and would be willing to give the Colts a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. A lot of that stuff seems to come from reports generated by Indy-focused media. I realize he’s got some experience under his belt, but there are tons of out-of-work QBs with experience too. There’s also Josh Rosen, drafted 10th overall only last year, and who the Cardinals can’t seem to get someone to give up a 2nd rounder for.
I’m 99% sure Brissett will be a colt in 2019.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,604 Times in 931 Posts

Quote:
Stanford. Watch him against Stanford. Most dominant tape I saw this year, and was only a bit below Chubb vs. FSU for pure dominance.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Stanford. Watch him against Stanford. Most dominant tape I saw this year, and was only a bit below Chubb vs. FSU for pure dominance.
I'll look again, but that's the primary game from which I drew my opinion. He wins hat-on-hat, not shoulder-to-shoulder.