ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-25-2021, 02:48 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I’m not asking him to be right 100% of the time, but you and others act like he is. A 50% success rate is highly successful when it comes to the draft. The average is probably closer to 35%. I’m tired of you and the apologists. He doesn’t get a feee pass. We are in year 5, three years removed from Luck. They can’t use it as an excuse anymore.

Simple question, have we gone into the previous four years with a surplus in the cap? Don’t exaggerate and distort or dismiss what I’m saying. Have we been under the cap by a lot or not?

However we’ve gone into each year with obvious flaws that are not properly addressed. If people on this board can see them, the Colts can as well. Understaffed at WR, understaffed at pass rusher, understaffed at oline. It’s maddening. It’s like he is holding back for some reason. If you build your offense around the oline then you better make sure you have some insurance. They want to mitigate the QB responsibilities with a good line, then it cannot be allowed to fall apart if they are missing a tackle.

And they thought originally Fisher was going to miss more time. So that means they were willing to move forward for even longer.
I just said no GM is 100 %. Its hard to grade WR when the Qb is hurt (this year) or the Qb has a noodle arm (last year)

Understaffed? There is no pleasing fans. They hit o the O line, rb, and Lb and wr. Pascal doesnt suck. And the kid , Pittman have looked good, last year and the first 2 games. TY being available would have helped.

The biggest problem has been Qb. When Luck retired it started a cycle of 1 and done Qbs. If Ballard had channeled his inner Belicheat and tanked last season, who knows?

You want Grigson back? Bill Tobin?

Sitting behind a computer every NFL fan thinks they are geniuses.

The wild card NO ONE knows is what did Jim Irsay want Grigson to do. I doubt that Ballard has had as much control as Polian. Go back and read Irsays comments, he is for aggressive decisions.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I just said no GM is 100 %. Its hard to grade WR when the Qb is hurt (this year) or the Qb has a noodle arm (last year)

Understaffed? There is no pleasing fans. They hit o the O line, rb, and Lb and wr. Pascal doesnt suck. And the kid , Pittman have looked good, last year and the first 2 games. TY being available would have helped.

The biggest problem has been Qb. When Luck retired it started a cycle of 1 and done Qbs. If Ballard had channeled his inner Belicheat and tanked last season, who knows?

You want Grigson back? Bill Tobin?

Sitting behind a computer every NFL fan thinks they are geniuses.

The wild card NO ONE knows is what did Jim Irsay want Grigson to do. I doubt that Ballard has had as much control as Polian. Go back and read Irsays comments, he is for aggressive decisions.
You really have no concept of football outside the Colts. None of these WRs are number ones. Pascal should be 4th, but he is likely our best. You know what also makes it hard to evaluate WRs, when they are hurt all the time.

Can I have Bill Polian back?

Everyone sits behind a computer. Guess what, that’s the job. You become Gm people will second guess you.

When Luck retired it set them back that season. Then they chose a stop gap in rivers. Then they went and got Wentz. At a certain point you have to commit. They are acting like it’s Wentz. But the scouts are at Malik Willis game last weekend and this weekend.

Notice you dodged my salary cap question.

I have no idea what that last paragraph is supposed to mean.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:43 PM
Post whore

Quote:
You really have no concept of football outside the Colts. None of these WRs are number ones. Pascal should be 4th, but he is likely our best. You know what also makes it hard to evaluate WRs, when they are hurt all the time.

Can I have Bill Polian back?

Everyone sits behind a computer. Guess what, that’s the job. You become Gm people will second guess you.

When Luck retired it set them back that season. Then they chose a stop gap in rivers. Then they went and got Wentz. At a certain point you have to commit. They are acting like it’s Wentz. But the scouts are at Malik Willis game last weekend and this weekend.

Notice you dodged my salary cap question.

I have no idea what that last paragraph is supposed to mean.
Its a waste of time arguing the cap, neither of us have the players contracts in front of us.

Jim Irsay gives the orders. No one knows what instructions or guild lines or carte blanche has been given by the OWNER.

And sometimes, shit happens. And the best laid plans go straight in the dumpsters
Old 09-25-2021, 07:30 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

We are going to win tomorrow and this whole thread of thought becomes superfluous
Old 09-25-2021, 07:40 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

My only real gripe with Ballard is that he really hasn't drafted a true #1 WR that has speed, route running and hands. When I say speed, I'm talking Marvin Harrison or TY Hilton game breaking speed.

When is the last time that you saw us throw and complete a 9 route? Is Reich's play calling part of the problem?
Old 09-26-2021, 07:03 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
My only real gripe with Ballard is that he really hasn't drafted a true #1 WR that has speed, route running and hands. When I say speed, I'm talking Marvin Harrison or TY Hilton game breaking speed.

When is the last time that you saw us throw and complete a 9 route? Is Reich's play calling part of the problem?
Paris Campbell. That was easy, give me another.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:46 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Could be they lost faith in Eason, or they could be looking at a WR, or someone else.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I think making comparisons to Darnold and Wentz after two games with their new teams is ridiculous. I'm not on the Wentz bandwagon but shit it is early to throw him under the bus. The offensive line was developed by Ballard and has been one of the best in the league the last few years. Injuries have fucked us this year and it appears to me we have been on a slow downward spiral there since we fired Guge for not being nice enough. I get that we don't have a good backup offensive tackle-that is on Ballard. He knew it was a problem, tried to fix it on the cheap and it hasn't worked out. I really criticize him for our defensive ends-we have spent a fortune and still can't rush the friggin passer. Guy isn't perfect-he likes to grab great athletes and let the coaches develop them. Problem is most of them are not developing into anything worth a shit. That, to me, is on Ballard since this is his philosophy and he hired everyone to make it work.
I wasn't making comparisons based on these two games. I was all for getting Darnold before last season ended when I knew the Jets would have a high draft pick and select a QB. I believe the Jets totally mismanaged the kid and he just turned 24. I really believe he has the stuff to make it as an elite QB. Wentz at this time may or may not be better than Darnold, but his style of play ensures a very short career. I don't believe he'll be healthy enough for the Colts to lose their #1 draft choice. He has to take 75% of the snaps. I agree, it's too early to say Darnold is better than Wentz based on 2 games, but you have to agree, he would have been cheaper, he is more durable and younger.
Oldcolt (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 10:21 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Could be they lost faith in Eason, or they could be looking at a WR, or someone else.
They had to activate Hunley. Eason is the only other Qb on the roster, so if Wentz cant go, they will need 2 Qbs for the game
Old 09-26-2021, 11:15 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Paris Campbell. That was easy, give me another.
When have you seen Parris Campbell catch a 9 route in an NFL regular season game?