ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > NFL > NFL Discussion Forum

Old 01-24-2022, 01:47 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,243 Times in 1,996 Posts
Default NFL Forum Suggestion

o

It's rather well-known that the NFL Forum section here on ColtFreaks is rarely used or even looked at by the majority of this site's posters.

Subsequently, I would like to make a suggestion.

Perhaps we could compromise, and use the main forum for everything Colts-elated, plus a few exceptions ....... such as the Super Bowl (regardless of whether or not the Colts are playing in it) and games in which the Colts are not playing but its fans have a vested interest in the outcome of (such as Titans games when the Colts are battling them for the division title and/or any kind of playoff position.)

If we do that, then maybe we can all make a concerted effort to actually use the NFL forum for other things, such as any and all playoff games (with the exception of the Super Bowl) ...... I've started a thread for next week's conference championship games in the NFL forum.

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138492

If we could use that thread for next week's games (as opposed to just starting one on the main board), then I myself will immediately make a Super Bowl thread on the main board at the completion of those 2 games on Sunday night.

So if we do this thing, and we're all on board for next week's conference championship games in the thread that I made in the NFL forum, perhaps that will jump-start/reignite this site's interest for said section for the future ...... as opposed to just ignoring that section, and putting everything on the main board (which is what is currently being done.)

If people DO NOT wish to take this suggestion, I understand ...... but if that's the case, then I appeal to Puck to simply abolish the NFL forum, because there really is no point in having a section on ColtFreaks that nobody cares about and/or pays any attention to.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 01-24-2022 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:32 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Eh. I just look at "new posts" to see what has been posted since last time I was on. From there I click on the threads that interest me. I dont really care (or notice) which forum they are in, I go off the the thread title.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
JAFF (01-24-2022), Puck (01-24-2022), Racehorse (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 03:37 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post

Eh. I just look at "new posts" to see what has been posted since last time I was on. From there I click on the threads that interest me. I don't really care (or notice) which forum they are in, I go off the the thread title.

o

I pretty much do the same thing in regard to clicking on what interests me, regardless of what forum it is in ..... but the problem is that the majority of the board does not operate that way. And if it stays that way, we may as well just have one board for everything.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

I am fine with it being in the NFL section. That's where it should be

Changing the site around takes some work so we aren't doing that at this time.

I do know that I like the way the Colts game threads are now. Posted on Game Day and it gives everyone a chance to make one if they so choose. So I don't want one made up for the yr for Colts games (not that you were saying that)
Old 01-24-2022, 03:53 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post

I am fine with it being in the NFL section ...... that's where it should be.

Changing the site around takes some work, so we aren't doing that at this time.

I do know that I like the way the Colts game threads are now. Posted on Game Day and it gives everyone a chance to make one if they so choose. So I don't want one made up for the yr for Colts games (not that you were saying that.)

o

I also like the current set-up ...... I was largely hoping that this thread would encourage posters to go back to the habits that used to be observed, such as posting non-Colts football subjects in the NFL forum (again, with the exception of things like Titans, Texans, and Jaguars games that are technically not Colts-related, but are very pertinent in regard to the Colts battling those teams for the division title.) And of course, the Super Bowl could be another exception in which we could use the main forum/Indianapolis Colts Discussion for the annual game that decides the world championship.

o

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 01-24-2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:53 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I also like the current set-up ...... I was largely hoping that this thread would encourage posters to go back to the habits that used to be observed, such as posting non-Colts football subjects in the NFL forum (again, with the exception of things like Titans, Texans, and Jaguars games that are technically not Colts-related, but are very pertinent in regard to the Colts battling those teams for the division title.) And of course, the Super Bowl could be another exception in which we could use the main forum/Indianapolis Colts Discussion for the annual game that decides the world championship.

o
o

OK, because Puck is on board and has transferred all of the recent NFL-threads into the appropriate forum, I will start the Super Bowl thread in this section (NFL Discussion) after the completion of the 2 conference championship games.

o