ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-10-2019, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Luck could have hit it to Cain. He was late
He was also late to PC in the Oakland game. PC had 2 steps on everyone
Old 10-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

I’ve decided to not give JB too much shit. He ain’t Luck and never will be. So I’m taking him for what he is. And I’m pretty happy he’s a Colt

Starting to warm up to Mack too. He’s playing hard and is WAY WAY better than he was when I dogged him out. Guessing he reads this forum
ChoppedWood (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 09:27 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I’ve decided to not give JB too much shit. He ain’t Luck and never will be. So I’m taking him for what he is. And I’m pretty happy he’s a Colt

Starting to warm up to Mack too. He’s playing hard and is WAY WAY better than he was when I dogged him out. Guessing he reads this forum
I've often pondered how good a lot of these motherfuckers would be if they would just listen when I yell at them on Sundays...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (10-12-2019), JAFF (10-12-2019), Racehorse (10-12-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 06:18 AM

Thanked 1,550 Times in 883 Posts

He has started 20 games in his NFL career. I'd say Jacoby still has some time/room to improve. They will win 10 games this year with him as a 'game manager' and he will keep improving all year. By playoff time, and certainly by next year, he will be at least at the top-16 in the league level. Combine that with the running game, and a young and constantly improving defense, and the team will be a tough out.

I maintain that this team, with Jacoby, is only two games worse than a Colt team with Luck starting. Luck was good, but he was no Peyton, Brees, Brady, Roethlisburger, Rivers, or Rogers.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 07:07 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

If Luck had the O lines that Brady and Peyton had early in their careers . Luck was getting beat up right out the gates and never had anything resembling a Line of protection until last year.

Yet, Luck still put up some amazing numbers and still carried teams with Bad defenses that couldn't stop the run. Easy to say he was no Peyton, no Brady but damn if he wasnt right there with them if he had an Offensive Line.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Coltsfever (10-18-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
If Luck had the O lines that Brady and Peyton had early in their careers . Luck was getting beat up right out the gates and never had anything resembling a Line of protection until last year.

Yet, Luck still put up some amazing numbers and still carried teams with Bad defenses that couldn't stop the run. Easy to say he was no Peyton, no Brady but damn if he wasnt right there with them if he had an Offensive Line.
I can’t help but think what Luck would be doing with this team. I don’t know if they would stack the box. Especially with TY out there.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:22 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
He has started 20 games in his NFL career. I'd say Jacoby still has some time/room to improve. They will win 10 games this year with him as a 'game manager' and he will keep improving all year. By playoff time, and certainly by next year, he will be at least at the top-16 in the league level. Combine that with the running game, and a young and constantly improving defense, and the team will be a tough out.

I maintain that this team, with Jacoby, is only two games worse than a Colt team with Luck starting. Luck was good, but he was no Peyton, Brees, Brady, Roethlisburger, Rivers, or Rogers.
Jacoby is decent and has perfomed a bit better than I expected. However, sometimes you need a bit of magic, something a little extra to pull out a win. I am not sure we are getting that out of JB.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Jacoby is decent and has perfomed a bit better than I expected. However, sometimes you need a bit of magic, something a little extra to pull out a win. I am not sure we are getting that out of JB.
He is probably a 20-10 range starting QB. Maybe that is a bit generous. The question I have is whether he can and will improve, or do we have to go find another QB?
Old 10-11-2019, 03:46 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
He is probably a 20-10 range starting QB. Maybe that is a bit generous. The question I have is whether he can and will improve, or do we have to go find another QB?
I don't think we need to find another QB. A rising tide lifts all boats. As our defense gets healthy again it will imporove. Our O line got embarrassed by the Raiders, and improved. Our D line showed significant improvement against the Chiefs.

Brissett's improvements will come 40% from himself, getting more comfortable in his role, and 60% will come from game planning and playing to Brissett's strengths, along with OL, Mack, DL, secondary improving as they gain experience and health.

We are going to lose several more games, including a few the we should not lose, we have seen two of those already.

We *should* will all but one of our remaining games. We wont, but we should.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 10-11-2019, 05:14 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I don't think we need to find another QB. A rising tide lifts all boats. As our defense gets healthy again it will imporove. Our O line got embarrassed by the Raiders, and improved. Our D line showed significant improvement against the Chiefs.

Brissett's improvements will come 40% from himself, getting more comfortable in his role, and 60% will come from game planning and playing to Brissett's strengths, along with OL, Mack, DL, secondary improving as they gain experience and health.

We are going to lose several more games, including a few the we should not lose, we have seen two of those already.

We *should* will all but one of our remaining games. We wont, but we should.
I think the Raiders May be a little bit better than people think. But keep in mind the Chiefs weakness is its lines and they have the worst run defense in the league. Offenses are funneled through the QB now. His decision making and accuracy determines everything. But JB will have to learn to pick up the blitz and exploit it. If he doesn’t we will need a new QB.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Pez (10-12-2019)