ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2019, 08:03 PM

Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post

Obviously, a lot has changed with the 2019 roster.
  • The coaching is significantly improved with a coach who is known to emphasize a player's strengths.
  • The OL is night and day better than it was (Luck was sacked only 18 times last year).
  • There are better, more dynamic playmakers at receiver, TE, and RB.
  • The defense is markedly better and should create more turnovers and keep the offense in better situations.

One other thing to remember about the 2017 season - JB had no training camp with the team.

He was traded to the Colts and then 8 days later was QB'ing in a regular season game (he relieved the infamous Scott Tolzien who had gone 9 for 18 for 128 yards with two Pick-6's over the first 3 quarters). I doubt Jacoby knew all of his teammates names, let alone the playbook.

I won't speculate on stats but I think Jacoby will be a bit inconsistent this season. There will be games that he puts up some awesome numbers (probably against AFC South opponents) - but he will have some clunkers as well.

Hopefully he has developed some chemistry / timing with his receiving corps during camp and preseason activities. And as stated, leans on his teammates because this 2019 team is a lot more talented than the 2017 team.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-26-2019), smitty46953 (08-26-2019), VeveJones007 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 09:13 PM

I think he shocks Colt nation. Reich and Ballard have known for a few weeks, or had an inclination of the impending doom. I guarantee he has changed up some plays to fit Colby's strengths. He can run and is elusive, just got to remember to get down and not take unnecessary hits. Throw the ball away when nothing is there. I hope he gets the ball out quicker. Look receivers off and not lock onto a certain player in the play. Recognize defensive schemes and blitz packages and where the pressure is most likely coming from. If he has picked these things up and they worked on his mechanics I think you see 4100-4200 yards, 33-35 TD's and about 15 picks.

If he hasn't? I guess the Chad Kelly era will start in earnest by game 4.
Pez (08-27-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 10:11 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

He isn’t very good. 4000 yards and 22 tds would be good. Great really. We need to find a new qb
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 07:36 AM

If he is an average QB this team will be in most games.

That is my expectation for him this season.

I don't expect him to be Andrew Luck or on that level If he can run Reichs offense and get the ball out quickly, minimize mistakes, this offense has enough talent to be very productive, say top bottom of the top 10 in the league.

The Colts and Ballard seem high on him. You can argue, what else are they going to say? But given the situation with Luck and how it may have been surprise to use but likely was not to them, if they didn't think he could do the job I think other moves would have or could be made. I don't see that happening, which means they really do believe in JB.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 09:05 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

I don't expect him to be Andrew Luck or on that level If he can run Reichs offense and get the ball out quickly, minimize mistakes, this offense has enough talent to be very productive, say top bottom of the top 10 in the league.

The Colts and Ballard seem high on him. You can argue, what else are they going to say? But given the situation with Luck and how it may have been surprise to use but likely was not to them, if they didn't think he could do the job I think other moves would have or could be made. I don't see that happening, which means they really do believe in JB.
Agree, it's pretty obvious this isn't really coming as the surprise the whole crew wants everyone to believe (schnookering the fan base YET again IMO). Yep, they've got a great cast of talent and if they felt there was someone better they could get, they would have done it some time ago.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:10 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

They seem like straight shooters, so I take them at their word that they actually believe he's a top 20 QB. But that also means that they think he's an average starter; otherwise, they would have said top 10 QB.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:20 AM

I really don't care what his numbers are except for his turnover numbers. The bottom line, can he win? His last time leading this team, he had no time to learn the offense, which, since it was Pagano, was a shitty game plan. This year, he's taken nearly all of the reps with the starting team, has a coach who has demonstrated he has a great scheme, has a stud OL. My expectations aren't high, but my hopes are. Just win baby, by any means necessary.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:33 AM
Accidental Administrator

I don't think he is going to be great, but I think he's going to be better than we expect. Think of the pressure that is off him now, it's got to be mind blowing for a 26 year old kid, he really has to be thinking "what the holy hell is happening to me?"

One thing I know for sure is that Brissett is fully vested in this team. Hit you tube for Collin Telesz videos (they are absolutely fantastic, subscribe to him if you do that sort of thing), He has tons of them, and the reason I bring this up is that among the highlights and all, you see Jacoby brissett constantly on the sidelines, constantly talking to players and coaches... and when Ballard etc calls him a "unique leader," I choose to buy in.

What I want to see from my team is the type of team that rallied to beat Green Bay under Arians. I want to see the OL step the fuck up, recognize than they need to have JBs back. The WRs and (perhaps more likely) the TEs step up and have JBs back. The Defense step up and get the ball back when JB throws his third interception of the game.

This is the hand were dealt. Sure it might be left, king, and off-suit A, Q, 10, but play it right and get the damn point.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 08-27-2019, 11:34 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I really don't care what his numbers are except for his turnover numbers. The bottom line, can he win? His last time leading this team, he had no time to learn the offense, which, since it was Pagano, was a shitty game plan. This year, he's taken nearly all of the reps with the starting team, has a coach who has demonstrated he has a great scheme, has a stud OL. My expectations aren't high, but my hopes are. Just win baby, by any means necessary.
His turnover numbers were fine in 2017. You should worry about the productivity numbers.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
His turnover numbers were fine in 2017. You should worry about the productivity numbers.
You worry about the productivity numbers, I just want wins. If he goes 7 for 20 with no turnovers and the team wins 13 to 10, I'll be happy.
Pez (08-27-2019)