ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-15-2019, 06:53 PM

Default Brissett week 2 stats

The victory improves Jacoby's record as a starter to 5-12. This week's stats:

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG
Jacoby Brissett 17/28 146 5.2 3 1 3-25 95.2
The Following User Says Thank You to ZionsvilleColtsFan For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 04:16 AM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

That 1st down run was a thing of beauty.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (09-16-2019), VeveJones007 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 12:26 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Averaging less than 170 yards passing per game so far. That's not going to cut it for the season. At some point you have to open it up some.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:32 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

this last game is about what I expect from brissett. Pretty decent. Good enough to win some games but nothing magical.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:29 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Don't have a handle on Brissett's ceiling but his floor doesn't appear to be shit. Stats don't tell the entire situation but comparing Bissett to Luck (stats only) after two games last year you get Brissett 38/55 336 yard 5td 1 int passer rating 107.95, Luck 60/84 498 yards 4 td 3 int passer rating 60.8. One guy manages the game, another attacks the game. So far Brissetts style physically reminds me of Roman Gabriel, his style of playing reminds me of Bob Griese and the old Miami Dolphins (strong as an ox like Roman and game manager like Griese with lots of running the ball) Big difference is Griese made you pay for playing the run with Paul Warfield-Jacoby has to prove that he can also do that. If he can do that we just might have our qb. Please don't let this devolve into a Luck vs Brissett discussion( there is none to be had, Luck is obviously on a different level)-I'm only looking at their different styles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (09-16-2019), Pez (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 02:37 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Don't have a handle on Brissett's ceiling but his floor doesn't appear to be shit. Stats don't tell the entire situation but comparing Bissett to Luck (stats only) after two games last year you get Brissett 38/55 336 yard 5td 1 int passer rating 107.95, Luck 60/84 498 yards 4 td 3 int passer rating 60.8. One guy manages the game, another attacks the game. So far Brissetts style physically reminds me of Roman Gabriel, his style of playing reminds me of Bob Griese and the old Miami Dolphins (strong as an ox like Roman and game manager like Griese with lots of running the ball) Big difference is Griese made you pay for playing the run with Paul Warfield-Jacoby has to prove that he can also do that. If he can do that we just might have our qb. Please don't let this devolve into a Luck vs Brissett discussion( there is none to be had, Luck is obviously on a different level)-I'm only looking at their different styles.
Two questions I guess:
Can Brisset guide this team through the playoffs if they make it?
Can Brisset become the long term answer to the QB situation?

It is starting to look like a decent QB draft in the next draft. I like that LSU QB Burrow.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:33 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Two questions I guess:
Can Brisset guide this team through the playoffs if they make it?
Can Brisset become the long term answer to the QB situation?

It is starting to look like a decent QB draft in the next draft. I like that LSU QB Burrow.
For me it is to early to tell. However nothing he has done dissuades me from thinking he may be the answer. Gotta see more of him with this bunch. I do, however, think he has the attitude and personality to be this teams qb.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-16-2019), VeveJones007 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 05:11 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

I think this week is the week that will tell us what we have in JB. We're home, we're probably going to be in a bit of a shoot out and he's gonna have to make some big throws to win this one. I look for more PA, I look for some pocket movement and some deep balls.

I really think this is the game. If he goes off, I would expect confidence to surge and we really don't look back and we become a very scary team. However if he is still indecisive and can't produce a couple big play TD's in this one, I suspect he will not progress to the level of being "the man" but instead probably ends up in the Henne, McCown, Fitz type of crowd- not BAD QB's, just not guys that you stay up for 4 nights game planning against leading into the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 06:55 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

I really wanted to get the All 22 film, but Game Pass is being a pain. It appeared that Tennessee played a LOT of 2 deep press man yesterday and would it surprise anyone if our receivers couldn't beat that coverage consistently? We saw it too many times last year. Not having Funchess is a killer when facing teams that do that well.

Not having the All 22, I can't assess the full picture for Brissett. How were his reads yesterday? Did he work well through his progressions? Was he holding the ball longer simply because the receivers couldn't get open?

Outside of that, he has been pretty solid. 10th in the league in comp%, 3rd in TD rate, 9th in rating, but bottom of the league in YPA; however, Luck was also bottom of the league after two games last year. It's obviously too soon to make any judgments, but I'll just say that I'm encouraged after two games.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (09-16-2019), Racehorse (09-16-2019), rm1369 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 06:57 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I think this week is the week that will tell us what we have in JB. We're home, we're probably going to be in a bit of a shoot out and he's gonna have to make some big throws to win this one. I look for more PA, I look for some pocket movement and some deep balls.

I really think this is the game. If he goes off, I would expect confidence to surge and we really don't look back and we become a very scary team. However if he is still indecisive and can't produce a couple big play TD's in this one, I suspect he will not progress to the level of being "the man" but instead probably ends up in the Henne, McCown, Fitz type of crowd- not BAD QB's, just not guys that you stay up for 4 nights game planning against leading into the game.
I still think Dak Prescott is a solid comp for Brissett and Dak has looked like an MVP candidate after 2 games. Don't be so quick to put a ceiling on what Brissett can be in this league.

Also, we don't know if he was indecisive yesterday. Luck wasn't indecisive at Jacksonville and KC last year. His receivers just couldn't beat the jam. It could've been the same thing yesterday.

Tags
jacoby brissett colts