ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-02-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Ebron is done with the Colts and should be.
Replace him with Austin Hooper if Atlanta lets him go. He looked decent against the Colts.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:02 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Nor should they. Both are consummate pros who still have something left.

I’m not sure they shouldn’t resign Sheard.
When Sheard is out, our run defense struggles. He will be offered a good contract.
JAFF (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 08:28 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Ebron is done with the Colts and should be.
He’s soft
Old 12-02-2019, 09:35 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

I think they use the draft to address QB and WR.

I hope they resign Castonzo.

Sheard has been a great signing. He is solid against the run and pass. He really improves our run D and shields our light linebackers. If they resign anyone on D I hope it’s him.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 12-02-2019 at 06:39 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
JAFF (12-02-2019), Racehorse (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
You're valuing Ebron over Sheard? I'm so glad you're not running this team.
Sheard will be 31 next year, Ebron will be 27. Ebron has been an important part of the offense for most of the last two seasons and still could get better. Sheard is likely to start declining over the next season or two. I don't think either should get big money.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:34 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Sheard will be 31 next year, Ebron will be 27. Ebron has been an important part of the offense for most of the last two seasons and still could get better. Sheard is likely to start declining over the next season or two. I don't think either should get big money.
Ebron is gone. He drops too many passes unless he's in the red zone. Then breaking away against the team to get surgery and end your season? Gone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Chaka (12-02-2019), Racehorse (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 11:09 AM

Well heck what a year. Some false hope early has put us on the outside looking in as of late. This team needs a different QB to take the next step. Huge upgrade needed at WR position. I think we go QB-WR with first 2 picks. Brissett is just to methodical back there, gets caught not seeing the blitz a lot and holds the ball which never turns out well. Our offensive line as great as it is at run blocking is mediocre at pass blocking. Mack is a legit starting back but the others can go as far as I’m concerned. Williams shows some promise but why was he not on the field in second half? Ebron is not a must keep imo, but we need Sheard back along with a healthy Turay. Our secondary is legit if we could just stay healthier. Our LB’ers are top of the line. So my guess is Draft has to focus on the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Ebron is gone. He drops too many passes unless he's in the red zone. Then breaking away against the team to get surgery and end your season? Gone.
Agreed. Ebron was a good signing and is a good player with more upside, but if the reports are true that he made a "business decision" and IR'ed himself in preparation for free agency, he won't be returning to Colts nor should he. I like the guy as a player, but you don't need that kind of attitude. Someone will pay him though.

My guess is that Sheard is probably gone. Another good signing, but the guy is over 30 and that means, statistically speaking, he'll be on the downside of his career. I can't imagine the Ballard will be willing to give him any sort of long term, high dollar contract unless it has lots of team escape clauses. Sheard can probably get a better deal elsewhere.

I have to think that Castonzo will be back. The guy has been rock solid and OL continuity is important. Yes, he's 31, but OL careers are longer and they peak later. I could see a franchise tag here if a contract can't get worked out.

TY Hilton is under contract for 2020 already, and I can't see why he'd be cut or moved. Yes, he's had a few injuries, but the guy performs, he's a playmaker, and we are very thin at WR already. Also, he'll be in his contract year in 2020, so he'll have further incentive to perform.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 11:35 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Ebron gets too high/emotional when he has good games, and then pouts and hangs his head when he has bad games.
He is too emotional, too unpredictable, inconsistent, and mentally soft. And last night without Ebron we were force to use Doyle more as a receiver, and you see what happens, he goes out and has a huge game.

Sheard is bringing production and leadership. No other team is going to offer him big money, we can afford to give him a 2 year contract.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-02-2019), YDFL Commish (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 02:13 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
Players that won't be back

Ebron - Not worthy of a deal and some team will overpay for him.

Funchess -Really didn't have a chance to show what he can do but I think he moves on.

Sheard- last year of contract I believe. Maybe he will come back on a 1 year deal

Constanzo - I hope is back but I suspect some team will pay more than the Colts want to pay for a player his age.

T.Y Hilton - Colts may move on from him and go with a high pick from the draft.

Draft needs

Wide receivers and another Tight end
Right tackle as I think Braden Smith is better suited at guard and would replace Glowinski who is better off as a backup

Defensive line- Edge rusher and defensive tackle
Linebacker but not a glaring need.
Secondary. Mock drafts have the colts taking a corner and safety but I think they are ok there.
Kicker- without a doubt a need
QB - I am not sold on Brissett
Are you Ryan Grigson?