ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-24-2020, 10:14 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
I wouldn't mind a Dline of Clowney/Kinlaw/Autry/Houston
That would be phenomenal.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:10 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, legitimate world championships began being played in 1933 when the NFL started having a playoff on the field to determine the winner of the league ........ from the birth of the NFL in 1920 through 1932, there was no playoff(s) AND teams all played a different number of games. In any given year one team would play 9 games, another team would play 14 games, and yet another team would play as many as 20 games.

This article discusses 100 years of NFL football and how it attained its current status of massive influence, from its inception in 1920 through the present.

How the NFL Took Over America in 100 Years

(By Anthony Gulizia and Jeremy Willis)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rica-100-years

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-26-2020, 02:26 PM

It will never happen, but I would like to see them go qb at 13, start him week six and go qb again the following draft with their top pick and just let these guys duke it out. You could argue mentorship, but I think Reich might slide into that role. IDK, but cool to imagine, if either were worth a damn.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discflinger View Post
It will never happen, but I would like to see them go qb at 13, start him week six and go qb again the following draft with their top pick and just let these guys duke it out. You could argue mentorship, but I think Reich might slide into that role. IDK, but cool to imagine, if either were worth a damn.
It will never happen because if you draft two guys in the first round whos talent isnt apparent then why did you draft them? You take a player in the first round because they have first round talent

Drew Brees and Russell Wilson were not first round picks. Its not just about physical size or speed, its about whats between their ears. Whos the Qb for San Fran? Is he a first round pick?

The toughest challenge for a GM is to find a guy who has the physical tools and the brains to manage the game and the confidence to ignore the fans, press, internet know it alls who question his game.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:00 PM

Being reported that Chargers have “moved on” from Rivers. Not really surprising but pretty much guarantees they go QB. I expect one of Miami or Chargers to move up to ensure they get their QB pick. Makes it significantly harder for Ballard to move up even if he wanted to (I don’t believe he did anyway). For those who like Love I don’t think it’s certain he’ll be there at 13.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Pez (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 04:08 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Being reported that Chargers have “moved on” from Rivers. Not really surprising but pretty much guarantees they go QB. I expect one of Miami or Chargers to move up to ensure they get their QB pick. Makes it significantly harder for Ballard to move up even if he wanted to (I don’t believe he did anyway). For those who like Love I don’t think it’s certain he’ll be there at 13.
Unless they go after Brady. He has a home in LA
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 07:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Unless they go after Brady. He has a home in LA
That would be perfect, then I can keep hating the Chargers.
dwilli57 (01-28-2020), Maniac (01-28-2020), Racehorse (01-27-2020), rm1369 (01-27-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 01:45 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
I'd rather have Herbert. Looking forward to the Combine, want to compare Herbert and Eason. Also, if Kinlaw is available at 13, take Kinlaw.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:52 AM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:

The "move on" report was from Glazer. Both the Charger's local media and Rapoport have disputed that claim and instead indicate that "nothing has been decided and all options are on the table." They even state that the Chargers might try to keep Rivers around for a year + draft a QB and have Rivers provide a bridge to the new QB.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 01-28-2020 at 07:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
rm1369 (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I'd rather have Herbert. Looking forward to the Combine, want to compare Herbert and Eason. Also, if Kinlaw is available at 13, take Kinlaw.
I don't like that the past 20+ years of Oregon QB's haven't done ANYTHING in the NFL. Joey Harrington (Herbert's hero), Akili Smith, Mariota--why do they look like high-end NFL prospects running Oregon's offense, but then can't do anything in the NFL? I'd rather take a guy from Utah State with no history of NFL QB's than a program that has recent history of multiple busts.