ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-04-2019, 02:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Pat McAfee talks about the laces out kick

https://www.1075thefan.com/blogs/kev...adam-vinatieri
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-05-2019), YDFL Commish (11-05-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 09:15 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Pat McAfee talks about the laces out kick

https://www.1075thefan.com/blogs/kev...adam-vinatieri
AV is absolutely done after this season. But, he was not the sole reason we lost that game.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:50 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

o

There was a point very early in the 3rd quarter in which I was hoping that Reich would send out Vinatieri for a 52-yard attempt. for several reasons ........ unlike earlier in the drive when they went for it on 4th and 1 and-a-half (and succeeded), the situation (4th and 4) was less in favor of a team making it (the Colts or any other team, in general.) Secondly, Vinatieri has not been bad at all on very long field goal attempts. He has tried 3 from beyond 50, made 2 of them, and the one that he missed (from 57 yards) had plenty of leg and just went a little wide to the left. In fact, Adam's biggest problems so far this season have been from short range (4 missed extra points) and medium range (he is 3 out of 6 from field goal attempts from 40-49 yards.)

I think that it was early enough in the game to take the risk of trying a field goal from the 42-yardline ........ if he made it, great, and if he didn't, it would not have been much different than what actually happened in terms of giving good field position to the Steelers.

As others have pointed out, there were numerous reasons why the Colts lost yesterday's game, and the hypothetical situation that I offered may or may not have made the difference between winning and losing. But I do think that it was a rare bad decision made by Reich, and I think that Vinatieri could have used the confidence boost of making a long field goal at that time.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 11-05-2019 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
AV is absolutely done after this season. But, he was not the sole reason we lost that game.
Turnovers kill you. They did in this game. It’s what Pitt does well and the only reason they are still winning.

AV has cost us, but also won us some games. People assume kickers are supposed to be 100% all the time like Madden. Just not how it works. The league is actually hurting for kickers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-06-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 01:05 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

If they don't cut Vinatieri now, then they are sending a message to the fans and the team that they are more interested in saving face for a hall of fame kicker than actually winning games.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Spike (11-12-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
If they don't cut Vinatieri now, then they are sending a message to the fans and the team that they are more interested in saving face for a hall of fame kicker than actually winning games.
Maybe it is time to go. I've resisted this idea so far, but the situation doesn't seem to be getting any better and has measurably hurt the Colts. However, you can't treat a guy like Adam Vinatieri the same way you treat an unproven player like Dion Cain. If you want Adam to go, then you have to let him do so gracefully via mid-season retirement.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Maybe it is time to go. I've resisted this idea so far, but the situation doesn't seem to be getting any better and has measurably hurt the Colts. However, you can't treat a guy like Adam Vinatieri the same way you treat an unproven player like Dion Cain. If you want Adam to go, then you have to let him do so gracefully via mid-season retirement.
Cutting, retirement, fake injured reserve, whatever.... it doesn't matter. It's time for him to go.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:44 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

he will play out the season then retire. he isnt getting cut. he will bounce back for a bit, but i expect more up/down from him the rest of the season.

we are not going anywhere this year so they will let him play it out.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
he will play out the season then retire. he isnt getting cut. he will bounce back for a bit, but i expect more up/down from him the rest of the season.

we are not going anywhere this year so they will let him play it out.
That's completely against what Ballard said when he hired in, that there would be no favorites and it was based on how you performed. If he doesn't hold true to that, then he may lose the team. Why would the team want the message from coaching and management that "Oh, you're not winning anyway, so we're keeping this guy who is playing like shit"?
Old 11-11-2019, 03:30 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
That's completely against what Ballard said when he hired in, that there would be no favorites and it was based on how you performed. If he doesn't hold true to that, then he may lose the team. Why would the team want the message from coaching and management that "Oh, you're not winning anyway, so we're keeping this guy who is playing like shit"?

I completely agree. However do you really see them cutting Vinny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk