ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-17-2019, 11:53 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts
Default Colts-Texans Takes on Greater Stakes

With Mahomes out anywhere from 3 weeks to the rest of the season, it could give the winner of this week's game a leg up on the 2nd seed and a bye. Both teams have the head-to-head tie-breaker over the Chiefs, who could easily have 4 losses after Week 9 with their next two games against Green Bay and Minnesota.

Hopefully the Colts are the team that takes advantage.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (10-18-2019), Pez (10-18-2019), Racehorse (10-18-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 06:58 AM
Accidental Administrator

Agree, just to bring the optimism full circle, The Patriots schedule gets more interesting, with a stretch against the Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs... They might drop a game or two In that stretch, and Mahomes may be healed by that matchup.

I feel a bit badly for Mahomes. He was hurt when he started against us and didn't get better throughout the game. He played a full game against the Texans and then was hurt again early in the game last night. Would hate to see Andy Reid doing to Mahomes what Shanahan did to RGIII.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 10-18-2019, 10:14 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Agree, just to bring the optimism full circle, The Patriots schedule gets more interesting, with a stretch against the Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs... They might drop a game or two In that stretch, and Mahomes may be healed by that matchup.

I feel a bit badly for Mahomes. He was hurt when he started against us and didn't get better throughout the game. He played a full game against the Texans and then was hurt again early in the game last night. Would hate to see Andy Reid doing to Mahomes what Shanahan did to RGIII.
Don't they play most of their tough opponents at home? Where they have a technological advantage? As in, they can cheat better?
Pez (10-18-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 03:10 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

To me, the biggest issue of all is the fact that the Colts have avoided a disastrous 1-5 start to the season in which they had last year ........ particularly because they don't have Andrew Luck at quarterback.

That said, I agree that this relatively early-season game is of major importance. Games that are played in weeks 4, 5, 6, and 7 count just as much when it comes to post-season tiebreakers as do games that are played in Weeks 15, 16, and 17. So, while I will be pretty darned disappointed if the Colts do not win this showdown with the Texans on their homefield, I won't be completely abandoning hope for their season overall.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 10-20-2019, 04:14 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post

With Mahomes out anywhere from 3 weeks to the rest of the season, it could give the winner of this week's game a leg up on the 2nd seed and a bye. Both teams have the head-to-head tie-breaker over the Chiefs, who could easily have 4 losses after Week 9 with their next two games against Green Bay and Minnesota.

Hopefully the Colts are the team that takes advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

To me, the biggest issue of all is the fact that the Colts have avoided a disastrous 1-5 start to the season in which they had last year ........ particularly because they don't have Andrew Luck at quarterback.

That said, I agree that this relatively early-season game is of major importance. Games that are played in weeks 4, 5, 6, and 7 count just as much when it comes to post-season tiebreakers as do games that are played in Weeks 15, 16, and 17. So, while I will be pretty darned disappointed if the Colts do not win this showdown with the Texans on their homefield, I won't be completely abandoning hope for their season overall.

o
o

The Colts got the best of both worlds ........ they avoided a repeat of last year's 1-5 start, AND they beat the Texans in a key, early-season match-up. Woo hoo.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (10-20-2019), Pez (10-20-2019), VeveJones007 (10-21-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 06:16 PM
Historian

Quote:
o

The Colts got the best of both worlds ........ they avoided a repeat of last year's 1-5 start, AND they beat the Texans in a key, early-season match-up. Woo hoo.

o
o

(3 WEEKS LATER)

Another big showdown with the men from southeastern Texas, this time on their homefield.

The Texans need the game more than do the Colts ........ the Colts have a chance to show that they are indeed the team to beat in the AFC South.

o

Old 11-18-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
o
The Texans need the game more than do the Colts
o
I disagree. Since the colts lose tie breakers to pitt and oak, they need this. If they lose it's going to be tough to make playoffs.

it's going to be tough to get to 10-6.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DragonTails For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-19-2019), smitty46953 (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 10:15 PM
Historian

Quote:
o

(3 WEEKS LATER)

Another big showdown with the men from southeastern Texas, this time on their homefield.

The Texans need the game more than do the Colts ........ the Colts have a chance to show that they are indeed the team to beat in the AFC South.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTails View Post

I disagree. Since the colts lose tie breakers to pitt and oak, they need this. If they lose it's going to be tough to make playoffs.

it's going to be tough to get to 10-6.

o

I agree that the Colts need this win, but I think that the Texans need it just a little more.

It will be hard for the Colts to make the playoffs if they lose, but it will be even harder for the Texans to make it if they lose, having already lost once to the Colts.

o

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 11-18-2019 at 10:25 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
dwilli57 (11-19-2019), VeveJones007 (11-19-2019)