ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-09-2023, 10:49 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
It's the gamble we've made that, so far, isn't working out in our favor. Guys have pointed out that Lamar Jackson has missed the final month of the past two seasons (including a playoff game).

The thing is, you can't not use AR as a runner. Steichen said as much in his presser (or as close to it as Steichen will get in a presser).
By my count, he’s been hurt on roughly half the hits he’s taken in the nfl. That’s unsustainable even if he never runs again.

And the sample size is getting too big for it to be a fluke.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:50 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Lets hope this is the end of planned runs, at least for this year. This kid is brittle, huge but breaks very easy. He now has a throwing shoulder that is injured and weakened. He doesn't need any more designed plays that assure he takes a hit. There is a damn good chance he made need surgery if it is a grade three and be out the entire year. The question in the back of my mind this entire time has been if we don't want to sign a running back to a long term deal because they get hurt all the time and it affects their play why is it such a great idea to make your QB into a part time running back? This morning it seem downright idiotic.
That is one reason why I wasn't so sure AR was the best choice for us, he's played so few games we had no idea how durable he was....looks like he's made of glass!
Old 10-09-2023, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I don't know - at this point, I think they are still just gathering info.

Earlier this morning, Josina Anderson had indicated that Richardson was hoping to gather 3 medical opinions and that everything was on the table as far as treatment / recovery.

Richardson and the Colts weren't ruling anything out until they hear from a few different doctors.
Typically if you get good news the first time you don’t go for another opinion.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:18 AM

RG3, anyone?

I'll say it, right now we are a better team with Gardner. Richardson is a freak of nature that Gardner doesn't come close to matching, but he doesn't do dumb shit. He doesn't beat us when we lose. He is definitely more accurate than Richardson and that will probably never change. He is a far superior athlete and his arm strength is unreal. If he can stay healthy and continue to progress we have us a beast, sans the accuracy thing. I am not sure that can be coached out of a player. Right now, this moment, this season we are better with Gardner. Say we win every game while Anthony is out? What do they do when he is ready to come back?
CletusPyle (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 11:59 AM

Thanked 1,673 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
RG3, anyone?

I'll say it, right now we are a better team with Gardner. Richardson is a freak of nature that Gardner doesn't come close to matching, but he doesn't do dumb shit. He doesn't beat us when we lose. He is definitely more accurate than Richardson and that will probably never change. He is a far superior athlete and his arm strength is unreal. If he can stay healthy and continue to progress we have us a beast, sans the accuracy thing. I am not sure that can be coached out of a player. Right now, this moment, this season we are better with Gardner. Say we win every game while Anthony is out? What do they do when he is ready to come back?
I think they still play Richardson. It was obvious after the Baltimore game that Minshew gives us the greater likelihood of winning now, and that its clear they are more interested in developing AR (and tolerating a few extra losses) than they are winning right now.
I think that's reasonable even, because losses now might payoff in more wins down the road if you let AR develop and learn, which only comes from playing time.
Old 10-09-2023, 12:38 PM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
By my count, he’s been hurt on roughly half the hits he’s taken in the nfl. That’s unsustainable even if he never runs again.

And the sample size is getting too big for it to be a fluke.
Also, I mentioned in the other thread... it's not just big hits you worry about. He just has more chances to land on a shoulder wrong, slam the back of his head off the turf, twist a knee, twist an ankle, pull a hamstring, etc.

I'd love for him to develop into Andrew Luck as a passer with all the arm talent in the world so that your athleticism is purely a luxury. But that's unlikely. So his athleticism is more used out of necessity (for lack of a better phrase).
Old 10-09-2023, 12:52 PM

Quote:
RG3, anyone?

I wouldn’t go that far. Minshew has had the luxury of coming off the bench and not being the guy defenses have planned for. Even the game he started AR wasn’t ruled out until late in the week.

Once teams know he’ll be the starter, they’ll be a lot more effective playing him.

Also, AR has been sneaky good when he plays. I don’t think Minshew comes back from down 23-0 the way he did.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (10-10-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
That is one reason why I wasn't so sure AR was the best choice for us, he's played so few games we had no idea how durable he was....looks like he's made of glass!
If he is, best to know that before his rookie contract ends.
CletusPyle (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 01:25 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

I'm seriously bummed out. We paid that dickhead Taylor for no reason. Malki Kawa is holding our organization hostage with his Leonard and dickhead Taylor contracts. And now our rookie QB is severely injured and can't stay healthy. Too late to tank for Williams. We finally beat the 'tacks. Yay. Bummed...
Old 10-09-2023, 01:28 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
RG3, anyone?

7 tds vs 2. AR is more dangerous. Gardner is more accurate as a passer, but AR is the mismatch that teams struggle with.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
dwilli57 (10-10-2023), Hoopsdoc (10-09-2023), omahacolt (10-10-2023), Racehorse (10-09-2023)