ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-09-2022, 10:16 PM

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
He’s doesn’t look agile enough to handle outside speed… I think he can still be a solid guard … he doesn’t get manhandled
We pull our guards too much for him to be effective at that position. If we were a power running team, then maybe he would be a decent guard.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:27 PM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
We pull our guards too much for him to be effective at that position. If we were a power running team, then maybe he would be a decent guard.
That's what I think, too. Unfortunately, Braden Smith looks like our best RG. He did well overall against DEN. Problem is he's our best RT, too.
Old 10-10-2022, 01:11 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,663 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Rainman will keep improving, put Pryor at guard unfortunately Kelly has looked like shit Pinter at Center may be the option

They’ll start playing better
Pryor needs to be put at Left Off...as in left off the roster.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (10-12-2022), YDFL Commish (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 07:58 AM

As truly awful as the Colts have been, i find it hard to believe we can continue to be this bad going forward. It is not as if the Colts haven't been in this scenario in recent years, and have then managed to have some success later in the year.

The rest of the NFL is also incredibly up and down. There is no dominant team, and everyone is beating each other. Even the Eagles the only unbeaten team are far from invincible the Cards had chances yesterday.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-10-2022), Colts And Orioles (10-10-2022), TheMugwump (10-11-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 08:02 AM

The offensive line has been exactly that "offensive" most of the time to watch. Raimann actually played reasonably ok in my opinion on Thursday, especially in the running game. Yes he had some penalties against him, although two of the holding penalties were weak calls, and the offsides, well how many times did Castonzo jump offside, felt like it was almost a weekly occurrence, I am prepared to forgive him that one instance on his debut in a loud stadium on the road. He needs to play the rest of the season and take his lumps...we need to provide additional help from the TE's and backs though to try to make his life that little bit easier.

Anyone who is saying that Pinter is the better player than Ryan Kelly needs their head examined professionally. Has Kelly played great, no he hasn't, but Pinter is a backup, and not the answer as a starting offensive lineman.

Braden Smith in my humble opinion is still a good RT, but has struggled due to the protections and necessary teamwork required between himself and the RG spot. Similarly to how the poor RG play affects Kelly and how the poor LT play so far impacts Nelson. People easily forget that for good offensive line play it is essential for the entire group of 5 or 6 guys, to be in unison with each other. Assignments and blitz pickups with the TE's and RB's are a fundamental ingredient to good offensive line play as well. Hence why experience from the C, is usually the key to ensure the correct line calls are made to all personnel.

Nelson did not play all that well last year, mainly because Fisher was playing poorly to his left. Nelson looked truly awesome in the prior years because he had solid play from Castonzo and Kelly either side of him.
The Following User Says Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 08:11 AM

I like the rookie class so far.

Pierce - Has come on big time in the last few weeks, needs to be careful with holding on to the ball, has been close to a couple of fumbles, and i am sure the one catch last Sunday was an incomplete pass.

Woods - Come up with some huge catches and scored TD's, needs to be brought more into the weekly game plan and see more action.

Raimann - Seems to have the LT spot to himself for now, growing pains are sure to continue, but there were some positives from his first start.

Cross - Started the season off ok, but has barely seen the field in the last 3 weeks.

Johnson - Has seen rotational snaps and seems to be doing ok, not really paid too much attention to him if i am being honest.

Ogletree - On season ending IR, which was a shame as he looked like he was ripping things up in the preseason.

Brooks - I believe he is on the practice squad.

Thomas - Has probably been the player making the most impact as a rookie for the Colts, has played very well and has supplanted Cross in the lineup. Although he may very well now be taking the place of Blackmon, as i think McCloud is playing in Cross's role.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:15 AM

The Safety play generally has been excellent the last 3 games....which is saying something when you consider that we are actually using the 3rd and 4th guys on the depth chart from the start of the season with the two Rodney's.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:06 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,272 Times in 2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post

As truly awful as the Colts have been, I find it hard to believe we can continue to be this bad going forward. l It is not as if the Colts haven't been in this scenario in recent years, and have then managed to have some success later in the year.

The rest of the NFL is also incredibly up and down ...... there is no dominant team, and everyone is beating each other. Even the Eagles, the only unbeaten team left, looked far from invincible in their nail-biting win over the Cardinals yesterday.

o

In 2018, the Colts started out the season 1-5 ...... they had just lost to the lowly Jets, who wound up going 3-12 that season in their other 15 games.

https://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/r...Teams/2018-ind

The Colts then won 9 out of their next 10 games to finish at 10-6, then upset the favored Houston Texans in the playoffs on their homefield in southeastern Texas. They then lost in the divisional playoffs to the Chiefs, who came within an offsides penalty of making it to the Super Bowl before losing in overtime to the Patriots in the AFC championship game.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 10-10-2022, 11:09 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,272 Times in 2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

In 2018, the Colts started out the season 1-5 ...... they had just lost to the lowly Jets, who wound up going 3-12 that season in their other 15 games.

https://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/r...Teams/2018-ind

The Colts then won 9 out of their next 10 games to finish at 10-6, then upset the favored Houston Texans in the playoffs on their homefield in southeastern Texas. They then lost in the divisional playoffs to the Chiefs, who came within an offsides penalty of making it to the Super Bowl before losing in overtime to the Patriots in the AFC championship game.

o
o

Additionally, last year in 2021 the Colts started the season at 1-4 ...... they then went 8-2 over their next 10 games before shitting the bed in the final 2 games of the season against the Raiders and the Jaguars.

https://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/r...Teams/2021-ind

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 10-10-2022, 12:34 PM

Thanked 1,673 Times in 800 Posts

yes starting the season in weak form is a pattern for Reich's teams. Going on a mid-season run is another pattern. Falling flat at the end is part of that pattern.