ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-22-2017, 11:10 AM

Mayock says that teams supposedly don't care about Foster's diluted urine sample:

Quote:
With concern mounting about Reuben Foster's viability as a top-10 pick in the 2017 draft (April 27-29 in Philadelphia), NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock threw cold water on the notion that the Alabama linebacker will fall far down draft boards.

"There are some red flags there. I think the combine incident has been wiped clean by almost every team. I think that was way overdone and the kid should not have been sent home. That's my opinion and most people in the league believe that," Mayock told reporters during a conference call Friday. "As far as the diluted sample at the combine, that's always really disappointing and has to be taken into consideration. I think the shoulder is apparently going to be OK from a re-check perspective, I don't see him sliding all that far. I think he's a top-20 pick all day long in any draft. Could he have been a top-10 pick? He still might be a top-10 pick.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-a-top10-pick
Old 04-22-2017, 06:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,682 Times in 2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Your argument doesn't hold up since he got 14 of his career sacks during away games. Timing the snap is a skill pros use. And the NFL is full of twitchy athletes that can't or won't learn technique and never progress. His 40 time wasn't very good, it's true. But there is a lot more to bring an edge rusher than running fast in a straight line. Barnett can already fight off blockers at a level plenty of pros never get to.
It holds up just fine. Timing the snap is ok, not having a quick step and having to jump the snap gets you penalized. Which he was the most in college ball. He needs every bit of that. I never said anything about his 40 time. I could care less about his 40 time. His 1st step is slow. His hand use is great, but it's an uphill battle for him. I think he has hit his peak. I would rather take one of the athletic freaks and teach him technique. It's a safer play. Players are always training technique in the off season. Check out the sack whisperer article on cbs sports. NFL is a year round job, if they are not working on their technique they won't last long.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 04-22-2017 at 06:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
natagu23 (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
It holds up just fine. Timing the snap is ok, not having a quick step and having to jump the snap gets you penalized. Which he was the most in college ball. He needs every bit of that. I never said anything about his 40 time. I could care less about his 40 time. His 1st step is slow. His hand use is great, but it's an uphill battle for him. I think he has hit his peak. I would rather take one of the athletic freaks and teach him technique. It's a safer play. Players are always training technique in the off season. Check out the sack whisperer article on cbs sports. NFL is a year round job, if they are not working on their technique they won't last long.
Although poor (4.9 at pro day), i could care less about Barnett's 40 as long as he can make up for it with explosiveness which is something he clearly doesnt have.

He doesnt have the explosiveness you want as your primary pass rusher and it was confirmed with his weak broad jump and vertical.

I dont understand why people want to make him into something that he's not. He's a 43 DE with average to below average athleticism.

If you want to stand him up in a 34, then you asking for a bust. I'll gladly eat crow if im wrong but i doubt it.

Last edited by natagu23; 04-22-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:17 AM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natagu23 View Post
Although poor (4.9 at pro day), i could care less about Barnett's 40 as long as he can make up for it with explosiveness which is something he clearly doesnt have.

He doesnt have the explosiveness you want as your primary pass rusher and it was confirmed with his weak broad jump and vertical.

I dont understand why people want to make him into something that he's not. He's a 43 DE with average to below average athleticism.

If you want to stand him up in a 34, then you asking for a bust. I'll gladly eat crow if im wrong but i doubt it.
I'll trust Bill Polian on which drills are most important for a pass rusher. BP 3-cone is the telling drill, and in the 3-cone Barnett knocked it out of the park with a 6.96.

I don't think that Barnett will be either a bust or a star. His lack of pass rush moves is what's most disturbing. That can be coached, but it doesn't mean that he can develop those moves either.

Bottom line, give me Harris over Barnett, but I won't be pissed with a Barnett pick either.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I'll trust Bill Polian on which drills are most important for a pass rusher. BP 3-cone is the telling drill, and in the 3-cone Barnett knocked it out of the park with a 6.96.

I don't think that Barnett will be either a bust or a star. His lack of pass rush moves is what's most disturbing. That can be coached, but it doesn't mean that he can develop those moves either.

Bottom line, give me Harris over Barnett, but I won't be pissed with a Barnett pick either.
For what it's worth, Bucky Brooks on the NFL network said he thinks Barnett will get double digit sacks before Garrett.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:00 PM

I'm not a big fan of Barnett being the pick. A healthy Maggitt seems like the same guy.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:21 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I'm not a big fan of Barnett being the pick. A healthy Maggitt seems like the same guy.
Lol ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
cq.noble (04-28-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 09:22 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Per Mayock in MMQB:

Quote:
I won’t be surprised if the Giants (seeking a tackle), scheduled to pick 23rd, or the Texans (seeking a quarterback), scheduled to pick 25th, move up into the teens. Baltimore (16) and Tennessee (18) would be happy to move down.
Going from 15 to 25 would be worth Houston's 2nd rounder (#57) according to the chart. That would be a great spot to target Sidney Jones.

Last edited by VeveJones007; 04-24-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:32 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,682 Times in 2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
For what it's worth, Bucky Brooks on the NFL network said he thinks Barnett will get double digit sacks before Garrett.
No offense to Bucky, but I think he was 1 out of 32 in last year's draft. Guy doesn't know much when it comes to the draft.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Per Mayock in MMQB:

Going from 15 to 25 would be worth Houston's 2nd rounder (#57) according to the chart. That would be a great spot to target Sidney Jones.
I dont know about targeting Jones but getting a 2nd would be nice if it were any other team but the Texans.

Not helping those f**kers.