ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2020, 09:35 AM
Accidental Administrator

Default Browns week 5 thoughts

I'm looking forward to this game, the colts are 2 point favorites. The Browns are Our biggest challenge in the next several weeks. The colts are feeling all legit after beating the 3-0 Bears, a team with a good defense and QB issues.

The Browns are coming off a huge win, 3 in a row. Say what you want about the Cowboys... they will always be rich as fsck, have an incredibly arrogant fanbase that think Tony Romo should be in the hall of fame for not reaching a superbowl in 13 years... oh, and the Cowboys are media darlings and the browns are not.... my Point Is that the browns just beat them to be 3-1 for the first time since the wheel and have to be coming into this game pretty fired up.

Someone might say 'trap game' but every game is a trap game if you lose.

Myles Garrett is the best pass rusher in the league. vs our best (almost) offenseive line. I dont think PR is going to have a ton of time back there. ukColt said this in the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
I think we have some really good TE's, and would like to see us trying to use them in similar ways to how the 49ers have used Kittle, or the Eagles have used Goedert and Ertz.

I mean it is the strength of our QB, and we are struggling again at the WR position, so why wouldn't we be doing this automatically? Makes little sense to me.
And I agree, this is how we can negate some pass rush and do our best to possess the ball. Cleveland is without their potential pro-bowl LB mack Wilson. I think we will have success if we can force their LBs to match up on AC and Doyle for quick, high percentage passes. This is the sort of game that makes me miss the likes of Dwayne Allen.

I think our running game needs to step up also. We can't win if we have to huck the ball downfield. If we spend most of the day with favorable down and distance (eg 2nd and 4), we will be tough to beat.

I also agree with daedge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedge View Post
I'd also like to see the Colts get JT more involved in the passing game. Right now, it's too clear what we're going to do when he is in the game and what we're going to do when Hines or Wilkins are in the game.
As a whole, JT needs more snaps. Also
Lets get him the ball in the flats and let him be elusive. JT should be exhausted by the end of this game.

For the stains, Nick Chubb is out, but Kareen Hunt doesn't exactly suck. He's a saavy veteran with good vision and very good hands.

I think this could be a solid matchup. I think we have the edge defensively and in ST, but we need to put up points. Cleveland has but up an average of 39 points in their last 3 games (after the Ravens held them to 8).

I think we win this game with long drives and TDs not FGs.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-09-2020), Brylok (10-08-2020), daedge (10-07-2020), omahacolt (10-08-2020), Racehorse (10-07-2020), Spike (10-07-2020)