ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-21-2017, 09:04 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
BTW, I definitely take one of Foster, Riddick, Harris, or Takk before I take one of those OL. Absolutely should trade down unless Ballard is comfortable with Foster's interviews, though.
There is a lot of pass rushing talent but there are also some minefields in there. I take Foster first over Reddick. Reddick will be transitioning to a new position who knows how that will go. If it goes well, expect him to be a Swiss Army knife on defense in a few years. By that time Foster will likely be a pro bowler.

Next I go Harris, he would have had better numbers if not for a scheme change. But guys that I really like and are late risers are Rivers of Youngstown, I feel this guy is what Tim Williams should be. And Bowser of Houston, there is a small sample size b/c they kept dropping him to cover but he looks like he has tons of potential. Imagine a larger Reddick and that is Bowser. Maybe one of them is available in the 2nd.

Stay away from Barnett. Takk only if you go in knowing he needs technique work, but the athletism is there. Well besides Garrett, they will all need some technique work.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 04-21-2017 at 09:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
There is a lot of pass rushing talent but there are also some minefields in there. I take Foster first over Reddick. Reddick will be transitioning to a new position who knows how that will go. If it goes well, expect him to be a Swiss Army knife on defense in a few years. By that time Foster will likely be a pro bowler.

Next I go Harris, he would have had better numbers if not for a scheme change. But guys that I really like and are late risers are Rivers of Youngstown, I feel this guy is what Tim Williams should be. And Bowser of Houston, there is a small sample size b/c they kept dropping him to cover but he looks like he has tons of potential. Imagine a larger Reddick and that is Bowser. Maybe one of them is available in the 2nd.

Stay away from Barnett. Takk only if you go in knowing he needs technique work, but the athletism is there. Well besides Garrett, they will all need some technique work.

Barnett has to be a no no.

Last edited by natagu23; 04-21-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:47 AM

Fournette scored an 11 on the Wonderlick Test FWIW

Florida State RB Dalvin Cook also scored an 11, and Oklahoma’s Joe Mixon scored a 12. Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey recorded a 21, while Tennessee RB Alvin Kamara scored a 24.

Not that any of this matters, but for the sake of discussion, average RB score is around 16.

Andrew Luck - 37
Peyton Manning - 28
Ezekiel Elliot - 32
Frank Gore - 6
Reggie Wayne - 13
Old 04-21-2017, 09:52 AM

Interesting Article on Reddick by Bleacher Report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...fl-draft-class
The Following User Says Thank You to Wyatt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-22-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natagu23 View Post
I'll give you that its virtually impossible to know if guys like Harris, Taco Charlton, Carl Lawson, Tim Williams or Takk could develop into solid pass rushers.

The point that im trying to make is that all those guys are late 1st to 2nd round picks. We're talking about a huge reach to grab one of those guys.

Again, we don't know where Ballard and his team has those guys....true. But there seems to be a consensus that after Solomon Thomas and Garrett the pass-rushing talent falls off a f**king cliff where Derek Barnett is somewhere in-between the cream of the crop and the 2nd tier.

The only defensive non-cornerback I would be ok drafting at 1.15 is Riddick and Foster. Foster is very concerning now because we all know the league hands out drug related suspensions like candy.

I've narrowed it down to...

1. Riddick
2. Foster
3. Ryan Ramczyk/Lamp
4. Marlon Humphrey
5. Conley
As a Florida guy, do you have any take on Jarrad Davis? He also strikes me as a guy that would be a safe 1st round pick, albeit that he might be a bit of a reach at #15 (though perhaps maybe not, as there's some recent rumblings that he could go ahead of Reuben Foster in the top 15).
Old 04-21-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I guess I am just sick & tired of watching Luck get the shit knocked out of him. Our franchise QB is in a sling right now, don't you think protecting him is our most pressing need right now?
Agreed, though I think there was a fair bit less shit-kicking by the end of last season. That group seemed to gel a bit, and while it would be nice if the Colts decided they needed to have the Great Wall of China for an OL (ala the Dallas Cowboys), I do wonder if that's our shrewdest investment, as I don't think the need is as dire there.

Like I said, I won't bitch if they go with Forrest Lamp. I would however worry about our other needs, moreso than I would worry if OL isn't addressed until Day 3.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:54 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by natagu23 View Post
Barnett has be a no no.
Whats that?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Interesting Article on Reddick by Bleacher Report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...fl-draft-class
That's the thing, he has the athleticism to play the position although he is a little undersized for my taste. The question is how he can adjust to the responsibilities of the MIKE. There will be an adjustment period, he won't rush out of the gate right away, they will ease him in slowly. What that article doesn't mention is what a LB actually does. Can he make all the reads at the pro level, how fast can he do it? Also the MIKE is often the leader of the D and sets the tone, gets people in the right place, etc. This is why I like Foster better, he has done it, he knows the position, has lead one of the best defenses ever, is extremely instinctive often blowing up plays before they can even get going. He will have a much greater head start on Reddick. Reddick in a few years may be more versatile and scary, but for right now he has to learn a new position. I think he would excel in a system like Seattle.

Reddick might be the pick, and it's possible that Bostic is to be a stop gap till Reddick gets going.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Fournette scored an 11 on the Wonderlick Test FWIW

Florida State RB Dalvin Cook also scored an 11, and Oklahoma’s Joe Mixon scored a 12. Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey recorded a 21, while Tennessee RB Alvin Kamara scored a 24.

Not that any of this matters, but for the sake of discussion, average RB score is around 16.

Andrew Luck - 37
Peyton Manning - 28
Ezekiel Elliot - 32
Frank Gore - 6
Reggie Wayne - 13
hahaha yeah I don't see that as very important in skill positions except QB.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:40 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
That's the thing, he has the athleticism to play the position although he is a little undersized for my taste. The question is how he can adjust to the responsibilities of the MIKE. There will be an adjustment period, he won't rush out of the gate right away, they will ease him in slowly. What that article doesn't mention is what a LB actually does. Can he make all the reads at the pro level, how fast can he do it? Also the MIKE is often the leader of the D and sets the tone, gets people in the right place, etc. This is why I like Foster better, he has done it, he knows the position, has lead one of the best defenses ever, is extremely instinctive often blowing up plays before they can even get going. He will have a much greater head start on Reddick. Reddick in a few years may be more versatile and scary, but for right now he has to learn a new position. I think he would excel in a system like Seattle.

Reddick might be the pick, and it's possible that Bostic is to be a stop gap till Reddick gets going.
I still think Reddick ends up at EDGE most of the time. He's too good of a pass rusher to waste inside.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
sherck (04-21-2017)