ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-01-2021, 11:58 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Eberflus was a Ballard signing. He was on staff as part of the McDaniels debacle. They are also running a defense with nearly zero effective edge rush. It’s going to have holes. I’m not suggesting they are doing great by any means, I’m just pointing out again that Reich is the scapegoat for an issue that is squarely on Ballard. His coaching hire he hasn’t given the most important element to, yet it’s all Reich’s fault. Ballard is made of Teflon in Colts world.
Very fair points. And if Ebersuck is doing Ebersuck things because Ballard hired him and Frank is just letting him do Ebersuck things, then that again, is on Reich for not stopping him.

Ballard has swung and missed badly, DE is a disgrace. Acknowledged. Not one of the swing and miss DE's is responsible for JT getting 16 damn carries in the game. The only one responsible for that, is Reich. We have lots of problems, and paramount amongst them, is our coach who helps other teams to exploit our weaknesses.

Please re-watch the end zone INT. Reed, gets trampled, I mean demolished. I don't even blame Wentz on that INT. He gets sacked- safety we punt, game over. He throws the ball at the feet of the OL, safety we punt, game over. Yeah there is a small window where he could have thrown it at the feet of MAC and he should have.

However the blame, the blame is on the idiot OC who also happens to be the HC, who calls that type of insane play from the two allowing the LG to get bitch-made and costing us a TD.

All the things in this post- are on the shoulders of no one other than Frank Reich and that is why he collects the blame, because he is a terrible HC!
Old 11-01-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
It’s baffling to me that people want to blame Ballard equally for Reichs buffoonery.

To be clear, I’m not absolving Ballard by any means. This team has holes.

I’d put the blame for the season so far at 75 percent Reich, 25 percent Ballard.
I’m not blaming Ballard for Reich’s mistakes, but it’s fucking comical watching the shit that is being blamed on Reich. Absolutely I question some of his play calling. Of course I can’t remember a coach that I haven’t. But shit like the rookie Gransen has been used as a Reich pick to show how stupid Reich is. And Eberflus sucks because that’s what Reich wants. It’s fucking ridiculous. While for the last 4-5 years anyone who disagreed with a single thing Ballard did has been labeled a hater or chicken little. This is all squarely Ballard’s regime. Everything on the field has been molded using his method. And after 5 years they still can’t beat playoff teams. Pick and choose who you want to blame. It’s 75% Reich? Cool. Guess who hired him? And we are damn lucky we didn’t get his first pick. Eberflus sucks? Agreed. Guess who hired him?

At this point I hope you guys get your wish and Reich is fired. Let’s see the coach that can win consistently with a QB you can’t trust, no pass rush, and no CBs.

For the record - I’d say its 70-30 Ballard / Reich to blame. Easier to blame the coach though because you can tell yourself the team is almost there - just being held back by Reich’s stupidity. I see a team with a QB you can’t trust, no pass rush, only 1 of 3 CBs worth a shit, and question marks at LT going forward. That’s, IMO 4 of the most important positions in modern Football.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
As for Wentz, he is ONLY here because of Reich. A failure by Wentz is directly attributable to Reich.
So let me understand - Reich is GM when it’s a player he likes that fails. And Reich should be held accountable for his mistakes as a GM. However, the actual GM isn’t responsible for the coach he brought in who apparently is doing double duty sabotaging the team. Am I getting that right?

Do you think the team would be better under McDaniels - Ballard’s first choice?

Last edited by rm1369; 11-01-2021 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:01 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
So let me understand - Reich is GM when it’s a player he likes that fails. And Reich should be held accountable for his mistakes as a GM. However, the actual GM isn’t responsible for the coach he brought who apparently is doing double duty sabotaging the team. Am I getting that right?

Sadly, yes. I have to believe that despite being a jerk-off, McDaniels would assess the team and say "hmmm that Taylor kid, he is pretty damn good, maybe we should get the ball in his hands a lot".

Reich probably looks at it and says "hmmmm, that Taylor kid, he is pretty good, so they are going to stop him, so I am going to use other guys and beat them, I am going to use Dulin, he isn't very good, but they won't expect me to try to use him because he sucks so bad". Or, "hey we are on the two, second and goal, we can't give it to that stud RB, they will just stop him, so I will use this rookie TE that hasn't proven to be able to do jack shit, I'll use him on a jet sweep, man I am good at this shit".

So yes, yes I would speculate we would be a better team with McSnake. But I also suspect we would be better with a middle school part time HC than we are with Reich.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:10 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

It's obviously not a very popular stance right now, but I'm going to say that I support Reich in the long run, despite several heartbreaking losses and questionable decisions this season.

In fact, I like Reich, Ballard, and Wentz ...... this season may or may not be salvageable, but 2022 and beyond is looking good to me.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 01:24 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
I’m not blaming Ballard for Reich’s mistakes, but it’s fucking comical watching the shit that is being blamed on Reich. Absolutely I question some of his play calling. Of course I can’t remember a coach that I haven’t. But shit like the rookie Gransen has been used as a Reich pick to show how stupid Reich is. And Eberflus sucks because that’s what Reich wants. It’s fucking ridiculous. While for the last 4-5 years anyone who disagreed with a single thing Ballard did has been labeled a hater or chicken little. This is all squarely Ballard’s regime. Everything on the field has been molded using his method. And after 5 years they still can’t beat playoff teams. Pick and choose who you want to blame. It’s 75% Reich? Cool. Guess who hired him? And we are damn lucky we didn’t get his first pick. Eberflus sucks? Agreed. Guess who hired him?

At this point I hope you guys get your wish and Reich is fired. Let’s see the coach that can win consistently with a QB you can’t trust, no pass rush, and no CBs.

For the record - I’d say its 70-30 Ballard / Reich to blame. Easier to blame the coach though because you can tell yourself the team is almost there - just being held back by Reich’s stupidity. I see a team with a QB you can’t trust, no pass rush, only 1 of 3 CBs worth a shit, and question marks at LT going forward. That’s, IMO 4 of the most important positions in modern Football.
I’ll have more time to respond later but suffice it to say, we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

This team is plenty talented enough to win these games. And they’re coming close. They’re being held back by coaching.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 01:27 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

It's obviously not a very popular stance right now, but I'm going to say that I support Reich in the long run, despite several heartbreaking losses and questionable decisions this season.

In fact, I like Reich, Ballard, and Wentz ...... this season may or may not be salvageable, but 2022 and beyond is looking good to me.

o
o

And I'm not exonerating Reich for yesterday's play-calling and/or other questionable decisions that he has made this season ...... I'm specifically staking my claim that in the long run, he will wind up surprising some of his detractors.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Reich either called 51 pass plays or allowed Wentz to do so. Reich regularly takes his best player off the field. Reich regularly substitutes offensive linemen when you said yourself nobody does that. Reich calls really bad plays in really bad spots like the screen pass from the endzone. He’s way to conservative in spots and way to aggressive in others.

I don’t understand why you don’t understand the criticism Reich is getting. He richly deserves it.

I don’t understand why you want to dump most of the blame on Ballard when they keep losing totally winnable games because of obviously bad decision making on Reichs part.
Yesterday, Glowinski was in on only 4 plays.
Old 11-01-2021, 02:06 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
So let me understand - Reich is GM when it’s a player he likes that fails. And Reich should be held accountable for his mistakes as a GM. However, the actual GM isn’t responsible for the coach he brought in who apparently is doing double duty sabotaging the team. Am I getting that right?

It’s not that Reich likes Wentz, per se. It’s that Reich was the one who insisted on acquiring him and had to talk Ballard into it. Ballard agreed because he trusted Reichs judgement.

This was discussed recently on the one percent better podcast, based on conversations Holder and Keefer had with Ballard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:

Absolutely.