ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-09-2022, 05:54 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Unfortunately Chopped, you were right
Old 01-09-2022, 06:05 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Unfortunately Chopped, you were right
It's sad Norm because as a human, definitely you want to like him and root for him- at leas the perception he crafts. But as a football coach, he is atrocious. I am not a huge fan of Dacich but I am 100% in his camp when he says that Frank has no sense for the game, he really doesn't. He is way too mechanical in his process and is among the very most stubborn refuse to adjust coaches I have ever witnessed. Unless you are working with extreme top of the line talent that can just win any game based on their skill, then you MUST be willing to change things up. I was glancing through the game thread as the game was happening and someone said "Frank Reich's motto- try something 1,000 times and if doesn't work, try it again because, why not". That seems to sum it up perfectly. We got hot and rode the amazing legs of Taylor and the line but when push came to shove in the most key of moments, there was Frank fiddling with his play sheet and finding no answers. Sometimes that play sheet needs to be put away and your gut needs to be used. He isn't capable of doing that.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 06:39 PM

Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
It's sad Norm because as a human, definitely you want to like him and root for him- at leas the perception he crafts. But as a football coach, he is atrocious. I am not a huge fan of Dacich but I am 100% in his camp when he says that Frank has no sense for the game, he really doesn't. He is way too mechanical in his process and is among the very most stubborn refuse to adjust coaches I have ever witnessed. Unless you are working with extreme top of the line talent that can just win any game based on their skill, then you MUST be willing to change things up. I was glancing through the game thread as the game was happening and someone said "Frank Reich's motto- try something 1,000 times and if doesn't work, try it again because, why not". That seems to sum it up perfectly. We got hot and rode the amazing legs of Taylor and the line but when push came to shove in the most key of moments, there was Frank fiddling with his play sheet and finding no answers. Sometimes that play sheet needs to be put away and your gut needs to be used. He isn't capable of doing that.
I also think you were right about Reich after all....I wanted to believe in him because I personally like and respect him, but he is just a mediocre coach at best. I don't pretend to be a football expert, but to me he seems too impatient in his play calling, he always wants to hit the big play rather than methodically
drive down the field and take what the defense gives you! More than likely we are stuck with both Reich and Wentz for another season or two....Ballard is not without blame either!
Old 01-09-2022, 07:39 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Well said Chopped. Something that helps Reich's reputation out is that despite being a bad coach he is still considerably better than his predecessor. But that's like saying cheap hotdogs are great b/c they taste better than dog shit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (01-10-2022), Thorgrim (01-09-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 10:51 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Where I think Reich really lets us down as a coach in in game coaching. We never seem to make adjustments at half time. If we are losing, we are going to lose. No capability to turn it around at all. Not sure if there is anything he can do about that. It just isn't in him.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:03 AM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Reich failed because he believed in Wentz. He’s a good coach, he just needs to cut Wentz loose. He’ll never win anything with that turd.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-10-2022), Spike (01-10-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 04:00 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:

Frank Reich is horrible.

That's it, that's the entire message.

Thanks.

Quote:

Dude did a great job managing the game tonight ...... that was a tough, gut-it-out win in the face of some ridiculous circumstances.

I think this crow tastes better than any of the turkey or ham that I had tonight !!!

Quote:

There you go folks, there you go. Yeah, I told you so. This dude is a turd ...... a dead-ender that will squander the amazing talents of Nelson, Leonard, and Taylor.

This organization is NEVER going to do jack with this bum as the head cheese.

o

That's a double-reverse ...... something that I think that the Colts' offense should try more of.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-27-2022, 05:03 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

That's a double-reverse ...... something that I think that the Colts' offense should try more of.

o
He had a good game against The Cards. One of very very few.

Elvis Grbac threw for over 500 yards... once as well.