ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-23-2021, 07:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
Reggie is THE most pro-Colts former player I can think of. He has had nothing but positive words and actions for the franchise since he retired.

He's the best.
One of my favorite Colts of all time.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:11 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I agree with you wholeheartedly Spike - but here's the thing that sometimes gets missed. Though he kept them too long, I think the Giggs/Pagano saga sent a strong message to all potential GM and coaching candidates that they will get a fair shake here, that Irsay will give you every opportunity to succeed even if things don't go so well. I'm sure Luck's presence was a big part of Ballard's decision to come here, but I have to think that the knowledge that Irsay would stay loyal even if things don't go so well played a big role in his mind as well. That kind of attitude breeds loyalty in the Colts staff/players as well.

That's the craziest thing about McDaniel's decision to screw over the Colts. He really screwed himself - he'll never have another opportunity like the one that was offered to him here. I just don't think that many other teams are run this way. I don't know if Belichick/Kraft/Brady had anything to do with McDaniel's decision, but if they did he should sue them. And the fact that he preferred to stay in a coordinator position says a lot about what he thinks of his own leadership qualities. He HAS to regret that decision now. The guy is barely getting any calls for HC jobs now, and the ones he is getting are for teams spiraling down like the Eagles (and even they don’t want him).
I agree somewhat Chaka, but 5 years was too long. Griggs was a POS, even the players didn't like his arrogant ass. Pagano was a nice guy, just not a good head coach. 5 years is a long time in the NFL. Luck saved Pags and Griggs from being fired earlier. What those two did to Luck is a fucking crime.
Ironshaft (02-24-2021), Racehorse (02-23-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I agree somewhat Chaka, but 5 years was too long. Griggs was a POS, even the players didn't like his arrogant ass. Pagano was a nice guy, just not a good head coach. 5 years is a long time in the NFL. Luck saved Pags and Griggs from being fired earlier. What those two did to Luck is a fucking crime.
As bad as it was - and I agree that it was too long - it still let everyone outside the organization know what kind of a guy Irsay was. All I'm saying is that if I'm Ballard and I was interviewing with multiple teams, I'd much prefer the team with the owner who has a history of letting his GMs stay too long, rather than too short

And to build on my McDaniels comments a little more - think about it: if the guy is interviewing with the Eagles, presumably he would take the job if offered. How could he possibly view today's Eagles as a preferable situation to the 2018 Colts? He can't. That's all you need to know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Spike (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 03:38 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
As bad as it was - and I agree that it was too long - it still let everyone outside the organization know what kind of a guy Irsay was. All I'm saying is that if I'm Ballard and I was interviewing with multiple teams, I'd much prefer the team with the owner who has a history of letting his GMs stay too long, rather than too short

And to build on my McDaniels comments a little more - think about it: if the guy is interviewing with the Eagles, presumably he would take the job if offered. How could he possibly view today's Eagles as a preferable situation to the 2018 Colts? He can't. That's all you need to know.
I think the NFL teams have blackballed McDouche. He's not a man (calling him a man can be debated) that can be trusted. It's quite clear that he isn't that fucking good anyway without Tom Brady, neither is Bellacheat. He sucked in Denver and he would have sucked for the Colts. We dodged a major bullet when he chicken shitted his way out of here and we ended up with a way better head coach in Reich.

You do have a great point in preferring an owner who has a history of letting GM's stay too long, rather than too short. The Colts, in my opinion, have become one of the best organizations in the NFL. I would put up our trio of Irsay, Ballard, and Reich up against any other team in the NFL.

Last edited by Spike; 02-24-2021 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:23 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

If you win, the NFL forgets what you did in the past. All the pats need to do is have a good season. And they probably will with all the players coming back.