ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-11-2021, 07:10 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Depends on if he can be fixed
If he can be fixed back to his 2017 level then he's worth 2 firsts. Realistically speaking though he had a huge drop off after his injury in '17 and his play has declined ever since to the point that he was terrible in '20. Couple that with his huge contract and IMHO he's worth a mid round pick at best, if not compensation to us to take his contract of the Eagles hands like the Osweiler to the Browns trade.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
If he can be fixed back to his 2017 level then he's worth 2 firsts. Realistically speaking though he had a huge drop off after his injury in '17 and his play has declined ever since to the point that he was terrible in '20. Couple that with his huge contract and IMHO he's worth a mid round pick at best, if not compensation to us to take his contract of the Eagles hands like the Osweiler to the Browns trade.
I don't think you understand his contract
Old 02-11-2021, 08:52 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
He wasn’t bad last year. 27 tds, 7 ints, 93 rating.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Three out of his last four seasons have been top 15 QB in the league. The only season that wasn't was last season. Also, the "huge" contract you're talking about would barely pay him top 20 QB money over the next 2 years, after which the Colts could cut him with no cap repercussions. He's not worth a 1 right now, and the Eagles are selling low on him, but he's worth more than a 4. Getting him for a 4 would be nice, but he's worth more.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I don't think you understand his contract
If the Eagles trade him before 3/19 then they'll have to eat the remaining ~$10M of his signing bonus, but he'll still count ~$31M, ~$28M, ~$33M, and $23M against the cap over the next 4 years with his contract as is. There is a potential out after '21 where the new team would have to eat ~$18M. Am I missing something?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadel...n-wentz-18950/
Old 02-11-2021, 09:47 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
If the Eagles trade him before 3/19 then they'll have to eat the remaining ~$10M of his signing bonus, but he'll still count ~$31M, ~$28M, ~$33M, and $23M against the cap over the next 4 years with his contract as is. There is a potential out after '21 where the new team would have to eat ~$18M. Am I missing something?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadel...n-wentz-18950/
The $10 million roster bonus will travel with Wentz. The signing bonus and option bonus are the dead money the Eagles would eat to trade him. His cap hits as a Colt over the next 2 years would be $25.4 million and $22 million, respectively.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Puck (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
The $10 million roster bonus will travel with Wentz. The signing bonus and option bonus are the dead money the Eagles would eat to trade him. His cap hits as a Colt over the next 2 years would be $25.4 million and $22 million, respectively.
Ah. I thought the option bonuses traveled with him as well. Still $25M and $22M is a lot to pay someone who was one of, if not the worst starting QB in the league last year.

Also, the Eagles are surely desperate to trade him since they can't cut him ($59M in dead money) and certainly don't want $35M riding on the bench, which should lower the asking price as well.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:07 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
He wasn’t bad last year. 27 tds, 7 ints, 93 rating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Three out of his last four seasons have been top 15 QB in the league. The only season that wasn't was last season. Also, the "huge" contract you're talking about would barely pay him top 20 QB money over the next 2 years, after which the Colts could cut him with no cap repercussions. He's not worth a 1 right now, and the Eagles are selling low on him, but he's worth more than a 4. Getting him for a 4 would be nice, but he's worth more.
Wait, Dam agrees with me, so I’m clearly wrong.

Forget Wentz.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (02-12-2021), Ironshaft (02-12-2021), JAFF (02-11-2021), Racehorse (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
The latest rumor

It sounds better than two firsts.

There is a perception Philly is losing leverage, especially with teams like the Colts openly looking at Darnold.
I'm taking all these rumors with many, many grains of salt. Nobody seems to know what's going on with Wentz - remember a few days ago when he was on the cusp of being traded to the Bears for two 1s? I think much of thus stuff is coming from Philly in an effort to drum up interest or to fool one of the teams into overpaying. Jaworski is a former Eagles QB, after all.

Two 2nds is too much for Wentz. Remember, if the Eagles don't plan on starting him, he is a giant albatross on their future cap, so they need to unload him pronto. I continue to believe his fair value under the circumstances is a single late-round pick. Maybe a mid-round pick if the Colts really like him. The problem is the Eagles may have painted themselves into a corner and can't accept such a trade because it will make them lose face, and this has only been more difficult by what the Lions were able to extract from the Rams for Stafford.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 01:09 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I'm taking all these rumors with many, many grains of salt. Nobody seems to know what's going on with Wentz - remember a few days ago when he was on the cusp of being traded to the Bears for two 1s? I think much of thus stuff is coming from Philly in an effort to drum up interest or to fool one of the teams into overpaying. Jaworski is a former Eagles QB, after all.

Two 2nds is too much for Wentz. Remember, if the Eagles don't plan on starting him, he is a giant albatross on their future cap, so they need to unload him pronto. I continue to believe his fair value under the circumstances is a single late-round pick. Maybe a mid-round pick if the Colts really like him. The problem is the Eagles may have painted themselves into a corner and can't accept such a trade because it will make them lose face, and this has only been more difficult by what the Lions were able to extract from the Rams for Stafford.
Most are speculating that two 1sts nonsense was Howie Roseman trying to drive up the price.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (02-12-2021)

Tags
carson wentz