ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2021, 04:33 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

When you’re up 14-0 I don’t care if it’s Taylor, Hines, Mack, or whoever run the goddam ball and can we scrap the Goal line shovel to a TE?

Reich is starting to become predictably unpredictable at the goal line and it’s not necessary we have the best guard in the league- inside the 5 should be run left every time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-02-2021), Racehorse (11-02-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 04:56 PM

Thanked 4,412 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
When you’re up 14-0 I don’t care if it’s Taylor, Hines, Mack, or whoever run the goddam ball and can we scrap the Goal line shovel to a TE?

Reich is starting to become predictably unpredictable at the goal line and it’s not necessary we have the best guard in the league- inside the 5 should be run left every time
Put two of those RBs in the game and go wishbone for all I care.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:40 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Bring on the gladiators! They are sub-human, and disposible. Our entertainment is more important!
It's the NFL. There are something around 1,700 gigantic fast men willing to risk severe injury to go out every Sunday and play this game in exchange for big pay days. Yes, this is our entertainment. Networks pay Billions of dollars for us to be entertained by this violence. But somehow, specific individuals should be exempt from this risk? Somehow because he wears the uniform we route for, we need to be worried about Taylor getting injured because he takes too many hits. Where is this same concern for a guy like Kelly who legitimately every play of every game is involved in a high speed car crash? Can't have it both ways. Either we enjoy and celebrate the violence of it and accept the risk, or we find it abhorrent and don't fund it. I don't think we can individualize the violent risk component of this admittedly very violent sport.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
It's the NFL. There are something around 1,700 gigantic fast men willing to risk severe injury to go out every Sunday and play this game in exchange for big pay days. Yes, this is our entertainment. Networks pay Billions of dollars for us to be entertained by this violence. But somehow, specific individuals should be exempt from this risk? Somehow because he wears the uniform we route for, we need to be worried about Taylor getting injured because he takes too many hits. Where is this same concern for a guy like Kelly who legitimately every play of every game is involved in a high speed car crash? Can't have it both ways. Either we enjoy and celebrate the violence of it and accept the risk, or we find it abhorrent and don't fund it. I don't think we can individualize the violent risk component of this admittedly very violent sport.
Are they disposable to you? Are they even human?
Colts And Orioles (11-02-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 06:10 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Are they disposable to you? Are they even human?
With what we know about CTE and the NFL none of us who support the NFL are above reproach. Not to mention the state of men like Earl Campbell. These men are willing to shorten their lives, become cripples and check out mentally because their brain no longer functions normally. Yeah, to me that's pretty close to gladiatorial shit.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
With what we know about CTE and the NFL none of us who support the NFL are above reproach. Not to mention the state of men like Earl Campbell. These men are willing to shorten their lives, become cripples and check out mentally because their brain no longer functions normally. Yeah, to me that's pretty close to gladiatorial shit.
I agree. I just think Pagano Jr. is crazy with his takes.
Oldcolt (11-02-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:

Taylor has had 20 carries in goal to go situations:

4 negative runs for -11 yards
7 runs for no gain
7 positive runs for 17 yards, 3 TDs
2 penalties for -16 yards

Wentz and Hines also each have a rush resulting in 3 yards and a TD

There have been 26 passing attempts resulting in:

8 TDs
1 penalty for -10 yards
1 interception
1 sack for -9 yards
1 sack/fumble

The interception was after a Taylor run for 0 yards

The sack for -9 yards was on 4th down after 3 straight Taylor runs for 0 yards each.

The sack / fumble was after a Taylor run for -2 yards

The penalty was on first down before Taylor had a chance. They scored a TD that possession throwing

Reich started the season attempting to pound it at the goal line and the results weren’t encouraging. 9 of Taylor’s 20 attempts came in the first 2 games. The results?

0 yards gained
0 TDs

Nelson was also in the lineup for both of those games. 8 passing attempts netted 3TDs during that time as well as a sack and the interception.

The point? The Colts have had more goal line issues than can be solved by just hand it to Taylor. That’s the way Reich started the season and it failed. They actually scored a TD in every goal to go situation against Tenn so I’d say there has been significant improvement. Not to mention Nelson has been banged up, missed games, and hasn’t been himself for most of the season yet. Great thought but I don’t think it matches reality.

I agree on the TE shovel pass though.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:21 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Taylor has had 20 carries in goal to go situations:

4 negative runs for -11 yards
7 runs for no gain
7 positive runs for 17 yards, 3 TDs

Wentz and Hines also each have a rush resulting in 3 yards and a TD

There have been 26 passing attempts resulting in:

8 TDs
1 penalty for -10 yards
1 interception
1 sack for -9 yards
1 sack/fumble

The interception was after a Taylor run for 0 yards

The sack for -9 yards was on 4th down after 3 straight Taylor runs for 0 yards each.

The sack / fumble was after a Taylor run for -2 yards

The penalty was on first down before Taylor had a chance. They scored a TD that possession throwing

Reich started the season attempting to pound it at the goal line and the results weren’t encouraging. 9 of Taylor’s 20 attempts came in the first 2 games. The results?

0 yards gained
0 TDs

Nelson was also in the lineup for both of those games. 8 passing attempts netted 3TDs during that time as well as a sack and the interception.

The point? The Colts have had more goal line issues than can be solved by just hand it to Taylor. That’s the way Reich started the season and it failed. They actually scored a TD in every goal to go situation against Tenn so I’d say there has been significant improvement. Not to mention Nelson has been banged up, missed games, and hasn’t been himself for most of the season yet. Great thought but I don’t think it matches reality.

I agree on the TE shovel pass though.
You made my point at the end so comparing early seasons stats to current situation doesn’t play in this situation, Nelson wasn’t healthy.. since he’s returned goal line hasn’t been an issue other than stupid shovel pass or Wentz fumbling

Taylor should be the focal point, Ballard has built the early 2000s Seahawks all over, it’s Shaun Alexander all over again behind his line he won an mvp running left every time
Old 11-02-2021, 10:25 PM

Quote:
You made my point at the end so comparing early seasons stats to current situation doesn’t play in this situation, Nelson wasn’t healthy.. since he’s returned goal line hasn’t been an issue other than stupid shovel pass or Wentz fumbling

Taylor should be the focal point, Ballard has built the early 2000s Seahawks all over, it’s Shaun Alexander all over again behind his line he won an mvp running left every time
The shovel pass was in the 2nd game (with Nelson) as was all those runs that resulted in nothing. The most recent success in the goal line has featured more passing. Against Tenn there were 3 passing TDs and one running. You are trying to make the reality fit your narrative. It doesn’t.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:57 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
The shovel pass was in the 2nd game (with Nelson) as was all those runs that resulted in nothing. The most recent success in the goal line has featured more passing. Against Tenn there were 3 passing TDs and one running. You are trying to make the reality fit your narrative. It doesn’t.
Bullshit, easily could’ve run it in on the first drive. No what do we do? Let Taylor run it to the 2 yard line— 3 incompletions only to convert on 4th down

2nd TD after an INT we pass on first and goal

Taylor got stuffed earlier in the season when Nelson wasn’t healthy it’s a different situation now and when you’re up 14-0 it’s not even a discussion

Nelson is a weapon that should be utilized to our advantage, same with Taylor stop making it easy for the defense