ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-18-2022, 10:15 PM

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,222 Posts
Default Hey Frank Reich...This is for You

https://youtu.be/E-rRFe-DtJk
Old 09-18-2022, 10:48 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Lead singer looks like Carson Wentz.....

I like the song!
YDFL Commish (09-18-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 07:03 AM

Maybe age plays into this. I’ve felt weird about the team this year. I felt unsure after pre-season, and now my fears have become real. I will need to reset my expectations, and the franchise will need to do their own part with that as well. Otherwise, I’m genuinely not sure how much more of my time I want to invest in this.

I’m actually okay with watching a shit team if we’re all on the same page. Watching the players develop is fun. I still remember Wayne’s Houston game winning TD, and Donald Brown’s 80 yard run against Tennessee back when manning went down. There are still bright moments.

This is a drain. First game I’ve walked away from as an adult.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-19-2022), CletusPyle (09-19-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 07:36 AM

I've been a Colts fan for a long, long time. I've seen highs and I've seen lows. I can accept the lows, it happens to all teams. But for me as a fan, I'd like a few highlights even in a big loss. Yesterday's game did not have any. The team played without heart and without brains. The way they played yesterday, they should each take their week's pay and give it back to Irsay.
BCN#1 (09-19-2022), Racehorse (09-19-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 08:09 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I've been a Colts fan for a long, long time. I've seen highs and I've seen lows. I can accept the lows, it happens to all teams. But for me as a fan, I'd like a few highlights even in a big loss. Yesterday's game did not have any. The team played without heart and without brains. The way they played yesterday, they should each take their week's pay and give it back to Irsay.
Frank coaches the heart out of his teams. It's all paint by numbers vs an empty canvas and a beautiful mind with a paintbrush.

You can just see it in the play calls and the way he tries to "confuse" the other team vs just playing football. As weird as it sounds, his reputation as being this risk taking gambler, is a fallacy built on going for it on 4th down, otherwise, he is incredibly conservative- or maybe better stated- incredibly mechanical. His play calling is all about schemes and things he has concocted as mismatches. It relies way too much on so many things going perfectly that when they don't, the team is screwed because outside of Taylor, there's no creativity, because he has coached it out of them, they can't paint outside the line because their next dot is # 12, not just what feels right, they've had their instincts stripped away. To me, he looks way too easy to game plan for- like yesterday, Pederson had him completely figured out before the opening kick off. And I personally think this same flaw bleeds over to his defensive mentality and results in the defense basically being exactly the same model= lineup exactly this way and play this exact line, coverage, etc.. and I think Leonard succeeds because he says F that and plays with his instincts vs the damn handbook that Frank tries so hard to impose upon his team.

Did anyone pay attention to Miami? Their nerdy coach is somewhat the same way, but when they were down big, he said screw it, let's throw the long ball and see what happens- and they started rolling. Brady, constantly Brady would just wing it downfield when the team wasn't moving the ball (in this NFL a 40 yard penalty is just as likely as an incompletion, so why not?). Parris is not very good at football but Parris is damn fast and we have seen him get behind some defenses. How many times did Frank just tell Campbell to streak and Ryan to throw it and see what happened? ZERO TIMES.

We're never winning shit with this guy as the coach, it just isn't in him to build a team that knows how to play football vs executing a handbook.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (09-19-2022), Lov2fish (09-19-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 12:41 PM

Thanked 4,416 Times in 2,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Frank coaches the heart out of his teams. It's all paint by numbers vs an empty canvas and a beautiful mind with a paintbrush.

You can just see it in the play calls and the way he tries to "confuse" the other team vs just playing football. As weird as it sounds, his reputation as being this risk taking gambler, is a fallacy built on going for it on 4th down, otherwise, he is incredibly conservative- or maybe better stated- incredibly mechanical. His play calling is all about schemes and things he has concocted as mismatches. It relies way too much on so many things going perfectly that when they don't, the team is screwed because outside of Taylor, there's no creativity, because he has coached it out of them, they can't paint outside the line because their next dot is # 12, not just what feels right, they've had their instincts stripped away. To me, he looks way too easy to game plan for- like yesterday, Pederson had him completely figured out before the opening kick off. And I personally think this same flaw bleeds over to his defensive mentality and results in the defense basically being exactly the same model= lineup exactly this way and play this exact line, coverage, etc.. and I think Leonard succeeds because he says F that and plays with his instincts vs the damn handbook that Frank tries so hard to impose upon his team.

Did anyone pay attention to Miami? Their nerdy coach is somewhat the same way, but when they were down big, he said screw it, let's throw the long ball and see what happens- and they started rolling. Brady, constantly Brady would just wing it downfield when the team wasn't moving the ball (in this NFL a 40 yard penalty is just as likely as an incompletion, so why not?). Parris is not very good at football but Parris is damn fast and we have seen him get behind some defenses. How many times did Frank just tell Campbell to streak and Ryan to throw it and see what happened? ZERO TIMES.

We're never winning shit with this guy as the coach, it just isn't in him to build a team that knows how to play football vs executing a handbook.
I had forgotten that Peterson was coaching down there. Explains how they were so prepared for Frank’s nonsense. I know it shouldn’t have escaped me, but I was watching without sound on a small phone, as I was visiting family, so I was unable to focus on the garbage presented, fortunately.