ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2022, 09:39 AM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who saw how good of a defensive performance the Colts got yesterday. Special teams certainly helped, but also KC may not have scored a TD had they not been gifted two very short fields from bad turnovers, one of which saw them nearly start in the red zone.

They're the reason for optimism. It was only one week's turnaround to go from tissue paper in JAX to what we saw against KC. The level of D against KC is what our talent should represent going forward. By the way, our best player has yet to take the field.

This gives me hope that the issues on offense can also take a sharp turn in the right direction with some tweaks. I still think a personnel move on the OL (Pinter) is necessary. But also factor in the boost your rookie pass-catchers just gave you and it could be a domino effect it could have on confidence, trust, timing, etc.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:03 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
The Chiefs WERE averaging 35+ points per game. The Colts held them
to what MAY be their low for the yr

This D is legit They were outstanding!!!!!!
And we don't even have Leonard out there!!!!!!!!!!

September is NEVER a time to over react NEVER

Division is won in Oct and Nov Same as the conference. Get the kinks worked out in Sept then roll

Jags are better than we thought. They may challenge us for the division and one of us will be a wild card team.

We are 1/2 game out of 1st place in the division 1 1/2 games out of 1st in the conference.

The oline took about 3 weeks to gel last yr. It will come around.

A young O group will take a few games to get it together. They are learning and will get better.

Some of you are just ridiculous with your takes on this team. (YOU KNOW WHO I AM TALKING TO!!!!)

Frank is NOT getting fired Ballard is NOT getting fired. Deal with it and stop the nonsense!!!!

Otherwise we can start a Fire Frank/Ballard thread and all those comments can be moved there. Or you can start one and bitch all ya want. As long as it doesn't take over every thread. (Again. you know who I am talking to)

Am I happy with the 1st 3 weeks? Nope. I expected better. Can I show patience? Yep.

Give it a chance to play out. There are a lot of new pieces and some missing pieces right now. Lets let it play out.

I own the site and almost dread reading the drivel some of you are posting.

I don't expect anything But the constant doom and gloom is getting old. I wont stop any of you from that. Cause this is Freaks. Say what you want. I just might not read it.

I have hope for this team. And as a fan that's all you can have. Nothing is carved in stone and nothing is given to you Unless It's Chris Clarke's blunder then yea he handed us the win. We'll take it!!!

Have some hope. that builds excitement.

This is still a very good team with a chance.
it isn't overreacting in september. it is the same damn thing we have seen for years. an unprepared team that loses games it should win.

everyone should be able to understand a fans disappointment in this team. we all knew the holes and issues with the team going into the season. they didn't do enough to fix them. why be happy with failure?
Old 09-27-2022, 04:37 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Puck I sincerely hope you are right about this team this year. I’ll keep watching and rooting but expect zilch from this group until they actually do it. It seems like every year in recent memory we hear something like this, just wait, they are getting better. Last year kinda took it out of me. It will take a lot for me to believe in this team now. I do think we have the physical ability, something just seems to be missing.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:57 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
it isn't overreacting in september. it is the same damn thing we have seen for years. an unprepared team that loses games it should win.

everyone should be able to understand a fans disappointment in this team. we all knew the holes and issues with the team going into the season. they didn't do enough to fix them. why be happy with failure?
Yea, I agree with this.... it's like when we beat the Patriots last year. Every single person on the planet knew we were running the ball and JT still broke it for a touchdown.

Every single person in the planet knew our receiving corps was sh**.... when our offense cant function without the likes of Michael Pittman (who is having a Very good year) and Alex Pierce (who had a great game), we are in trouble down the stretch. Meanwhile Julio Jones and TY Hilton are just sitting out there looking for a team (They should both play for us now). This is on Chris Ballard.

The OL I dont think was as obvious. I think by the time it became known that Smith was a step under where he was last year and that Pinter was not working out at guard, we just didn't have any other options to address from a personnel perspective, so we have to figure out how to make what we have work. This is on Frank Reich.

I agree with Puck, I have patience and optimism. At the same time, I think we can all agree that we would have been blown out by the Chiefs if we had played anywhere near the level we played in HOU or JAX. But we weren't because our team found a way to win.

So what team shows up against the Tacks? To be honest, I believe that Chris Ballard, Frank Reich and I are in agreement, we have absolutely no idea.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 09-28-2022, 08:03 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,272 Times in 2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

(vs. CHIEFS, 9/25)

The Colts' defense was excellent.

The Colts' new kicker was 2-for-2 in field goal attempts, and 2-for-2 in extra point attempts.

The offensive line was horrible.

In spite of the atrocious performance from the offensive line, Matt Ryan still managed to have a QB rating of 105.9 ...... that included 2 TD passes, 0 INT's, and a game-winning touchdown drive late in the 4th quarter.

o
o

If the Colts can get even a modest improvement on their offensive line (from awful to average), then Matt Ryan, Jonathan Taylor, and Michael Pittman Jr may very well be the super-dangerous trio that everybody expected them to be ...... and if we get back one of the best defensive players in all of football (Shaquille Leonard), the already solid defense may wind up being one of the 5 best of all 32 teams in the NFL.

That said, those are 2 huge "Ifs" ...... it's not necessarily so easy to upgrade an offensive line during the season, and it's quite possible that Shaquille Leonard may wind up missing half of the season.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 09-29-2022, 04:35 PM

We will spank the Tits Sunday... that is my story and Imma stickin with it!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BCN#1 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (09-29-2022), dwilli57 (09-29-2022), Pez (09-30-2022), Racehorse (09-29-2022), TheMugwump (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCN#1 View Post
We will spank the Tits Sunday... that is my story and Imma stickin with it!!!
I hope so or we're in deep shit.