ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-18-2018, 11:43 AM
Accidental Administrator

Default 8 of 9

October 14th - We were 1-5 after losing by less than a TD to the Eagles & Texans. It was odd, but even the games we lost by more than a TD seemed like we were closer than the score might indicate. Even the Patriots game was not out of the question (until it really was). We outscored them in the second half, without Leonard and without TY.

Absolutely no one thought it would be possible that the colts would win 7 of their next 8 games. Only two other teams since the merger have made the playoffs after a 1-5 start.

If we see two more weeks of good colts football I am happy with this season. The fact that such will get us into the playoffs is mind-blowing.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 11:46 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
If we see two more weeks of good colts football I am happy with this season. The fact that such will get us into the playoffs is mind-blowing.
I'm already happy with the season. I thought 7 wins was our ceiling. I still doubt we'll go far in the playoffs, assuming we get there, but with the way the Rams, Chiefs, Pats, Steelers, Texans, and even the Saints have come down to earth a win against any of them would not surprise me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-18-2018), TheMugwump (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 12:58 PM
Accidental Administrator

Agree, I'm already happy with the season also. But it's difficult for me to look at this and not hope for making it in:

- Ravens are 4.5 point dogs to the Chargers on Saturday (seems like it should be more)
- Colts are 9 point favorites over the Giants on Sunday

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 01:18 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

They have exceeded my expectations. Fun to watch again and excited about the future.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:19 PM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
October 14th - We were 1-5 after losing by less than a TD to the Eagles & Texans. It was odd, but even the games we lost by more than a TD seemed like we were closer than the score might indicate. Even the Patriots game was not out of the question (until it really was). We outscored them in the second half, without Leonard and without TY.

Absolutely no one thought it would be possible that the colts would win 7 of their next 8 games. Only two other teams since the merger have made the playoffs after a 1-5 start.

Ummm, we need help to get into the playoffs.

Even if we take care of business and win our next two games, we need either PIT or BAL to drop a game over the next two weeks. Either/or, not both.

However, while I agree that BAL has a tough game at KC and PIT has a nightmare game at NO, both could win those games, win out and we would be on the outside looking in.

So, I agree that I am pleased as punch with the season and consider it a success, it is not a WILL get into the playoffs. It is a MAY get into the playoffs.

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Pez (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 01:21 PM

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I'm already happy with the season. I thought 7 wins was our ceiling. I still doubt we'll go far in the playoffs, assuming we get there, but with the way the Rams, Chiefs, Pats, Steelers, Texans, and even the Saints have come down to earth a win against any of them would not surprise me.
Like I said before, this year feels like 1995 all over again. A team that nobody expects anything out of. I just hope they get to the AFCCG again, and win it this time. No AAron Bailey or Quentin Coryatt to screw it up this time. Odum is the likely one to do that to us.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:24 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

They had a players only meeting after the jest loss. Sounds like some people got called out. That was the start of the turn around.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/17/co...nfl-news-notes
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-11-2019)
Old 12-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

Even if we take care of business and win our next two games, we need either PIT or BAL to drop a game over the next two weeks. Either/or, not both.

However, while I agree that BAL has a tough game at KC and PIT has a nightmare game at NO, both could win those games, win out and we would be on the outside looking in.

So, I agree that I am pleased as punch with the season and consider it a success, it is not a WILL get into the playoffs. It is a MAY get into the playoffs.

Walk Worthy,
Ravens play chargers and browns.... Steelers play saints and Bengals. I know we need help, wasnt trying to say otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Old 12-18-2018, 01:53 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

Walk Worthy,
Doesn’t Balt play the Chargers? I don’t know how motivated the Chargers will be having clinched a spot now.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:58 PM

I just put down $$ at the local sports book on the Colts to win the AFC at 28-1. (also took the chargers)

Wonder what the odds were at 1-5?