ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-14-2023, 11:59 AM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I'm not going to burn too many calories over this stuff, but I don't like it. I didn't like it when we went to London (sorry, UKcolt) and I don't much like this.

I guess I'm a stick in the mud that likes the nice-and-neat, symmetrical 16-game system, equal home and away games, and no fucking Thursdays. Detroit and Dallas can be special, fuck it.

I imagine Frankfurt will be near freezing in mid-November. Anybody know if it's a windy/rainy place?

I've read that the Chiefs exercised their option and chose not to play the Bears in Germany, but instead play the Dolphins. People are saying it's a financial decision, but I wonder if it has more to do with sending the south Florida team to winter wonderland instead of the team from Chicago. Gain some of that "homefield" advantage back.
you aren't alone.

i hate the 17 game season and i hate international games. its fucking dumb
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (05-18-2023), JAFF (05-14-2023), Oldcolt (05-14-2023), Racehorse (05-15-2023)
Old 05-14-2023, 02:54 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
you aren't alone.

i hate the 17 game season and i hate international games. its fucking dumb
Exactly. I enjoy football, I cant plan my entire life around it.
Old 05-14-2023, 03:47 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

o

Going back to 14-game seasons would be fine with me. The Super Bowl would be played in early-to-mid-January again.

The owners claiming to have "followed the science" by voting to add a 17th regular-season game while subtracting 1 pre-season game would have had a a lot more credibility if they had cut the 16-game season to a 14-game season ...... anybody who has not been living on the moon knows that those sons-of-bitches were following their pocketbooks, not the science.

And if we all live long enough, the day will come when they add an 18th regular-season game and take away another pre-season game (going from the current 3 down to 2) ...... and they will tell us that the reason for doing that is because of us ...... that we fans were all bitching about the odd number of games, so they are going back to an even number of games.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 05-18-2023, 03:17 PM

Just wish I had the coin to fly up there for the game with my son in tow as we have talked about seeing the Colts for years.

Couple hour flight but I do not have the extra kidney to pay for this trip let alone the inflated TIX that will likely be gone in no time. That said, I will not give up my first born and only son to pay for it unless Jimmy I wants to contribute to my cause.

Looks like another enjoyable Colts game on the big screen at home with the cold brews only a few feet away and no line to take a piss!
Old 05-18-2023, 03:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Going back to 14-game seasons would be fine with me. The Super Bowl would be played in early-to-mid-January again.

The owners claiming to have "followed the science" by voting to add a 17th regular-season game

o
They followed the money. Same reason to get involved with gambling. Thats going to bite them in the ass.
Old 05-18-2023, 06:06 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCN#1 View Post
Just wish I had the coin to fly up there for the game with my son in tow as we have talked about seeing the Colts for years.

Couple hour flight but I do not have the extra kidney to pay for this trip let alone the inflated TIX that will likely be gone in no time. That said, I will not give up my first born and only son to pay for it unless Jimmy I wants to contribute to my cause.

Looks like another enjoyable Colts game on the big screen at home with the cold brews only a few feet away and no line to take a piss!
The game will sell out in a matter of hours. Your chances of getting a ticket would not be that good to begin with.
Old 05-19-2023, 03:39 PM

Oh well. One can always dream.