ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-11-2022, 07:07 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Nothing from any main stream media source is valid as fact. Sorry, they have taken away that assumption themselves the last decade when it went full on prime time comedy.

I know what sedation is, and even though January, 6th. was a shit show, it did not remotely meet the criteria to call it an insurrection. Liberalism is truly a mental disorder. Nobody can be that mentally dysfunctional without an underlying cause.
They tried to stop a legal process to finalize the election, stopping the transfer of power, by creating a riot.

That is sedition. It is treason. And you can talk about a stone election yet not one solid piece of evidence has ever been put forward by the Republican Party in any forum.

As Bill Barr said, “its bullshit”
Old 06-11-2022, 08:10 AM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post

Tell all of us now Jaff, what the fuck has Biden done that's been worth a shit for all of us hard working Americans? I'll wait because that's a question nobody can answer.

At least there is a glimmer of hope, Biden's approval rating is dropping like a fucking rock.
Jaff, answer this question. You skipped this post altogether.
Spike (06-11-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 03:47 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Jaff, answer this question. You skipped this post altogether.
Biden didnt try to take over the nation by fraud and violence. What has happened since he became President is a separate issue. Trumps criminal attempt to usurp the will of the people was treasonous. He swore to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.

Where is the evidence of voter fraud? One piece of PHYSICAL evidence?

Bill Barr said it, its bullshit
Old 06-11-2022, 03:54 PM
Post whore

Default Are high gas prices Joe Biden’s fault? These experts weigh in on a president’s impact

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/p...261564902.html

Are high gas prices Joe Biden’s fault? These experts weigh in on a president’s impact BY MEGAN CARDONA UPDATED MAY 23, 2022 4:50 PM Play VideoDuration 1:27 Gas is suddenly very expensive, this is the reason why Gas prices are hitting a record high across the United States due to sanctions on Russian oil and COVID-19 restrictions. BY JOSHUA BESSEX Gas prices continue to hit record highs this year, reaching an average of around $4.40 in Tarrant County as of Wednesday. The average gas price nationally was $4.59 on Friday and averaged $4.29 in Texas. The statewide average increased 18 cents from the week before and was 53 cents higher than a month ago, according to the American Automobile Association. TOP VIDEOS Top Videos WATCH MORE American pianist performs in the 16th Cliburn InternationalPiano Competition × The average price of gas in Tarrant County was an average of $4.40 on Friday. As Texans prepare for Memorial Day weekend and summertime travel, gas prices are expected to remain high until the fall. Karr Ingham, Texas Alliance of Energy Producers petroleum economist, said the increase has to do with multiple factors, including the economy’s pandemic bounceback, Russia’s war in Ukraine and President Joe Biden’s administration. Get unlimited digital access Subscribe now for just $2 for 2 months. CLAIM OFFER WHY ARE GAS PRICES RISING? There are three main things causing rising gas prices. While supply kicks back into gear to meet increasing demand following two years of the COVID-19 pandemic, crude oil prices have risen, Ingham said. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has also sent crude oil prices higher, at one point increasing prices over $120 a barrel. Today, U.S. crude oil is $112 a barrel, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Ingham said a third factor is the Biden administration’s open disapproval of U.S. development of oil and gas resources, which acts as a restraint against rapid crude oil growth. IS THE U.S. PRESIDENT TO BLAME FOR GAS PRICES? Transfer of Power A special newsletter from our D.C. Bureau focused on transition to the Biden administration. SIGN UP This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. Gas is a visible indicator of how the U.S. economy is doing for consumers. Thomas Marshall, a University of Texas at Arlington political science professor, said presidents generally get blamed for high gas prices, though their impact isn’t direct. There are some ways the Biden administration is indirectly to blame for gas prices. One way is Biden’s tense relationship with Saudi Arabia, which has prevented significant increase in oil production, Marshall said. According to a report by The Wall Street Journal, the Saudis are angry over the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan and lack of support for Saudi Arabia’s intervention in the Yemen civil war. The administration has also given the perception of hostility toward the oil industry, shutting down pipeline projects, Marshall said. While pipelines take a while to develop, the message signals Biden’s lack of sympathy for the industry and creates uncertainty in its future. Ingham said the Biden administration’s messaging creates uncertainty from investors who are leery about funding new oil and gas production wells. “We should be growing production in response to this rising demand and high prices much more rapidly than we are,” he said. Matthew Eshbaugh-Soha, a University of North Texas political science professor, said whether a president should be blamed for gas is usually a partisan question. “Can the president do a lot? Not a lot. Should the Biden administration be talking up the economy? Yes, they need to be doing more because that’s effectively all they have to kind of be able to just make people feel a little bit better about things that aren’t going that well,” he said. DOES THE PRESIDENT HAVE THE ABILITY TO HELP EASE GAS PRICES? Presidents have limited tools to help with gas prices, but they do have some power. One short-term tool is messaging. Eshbaugh-Soha said positive messaging about the economy could instill consumer confidence and ease sticker shock at the pump. “In a limited capacity, President Biden can lead with an optimistic view of the economy to project that this is a temporary situation and I think psychologically this can take a little bit of the burden off of paying that gasoline price with the idea that the economy will improve down the road,” he said. Releasing oil reserves is another way a president can help ease gas prices. In his research looking at whether presidents could impact gas prices by releasing oil reserves, Eshbaugh-Soha found the announcement of the release caused a slight decline while the actual release didn’t. At the end of March, Biden announced he would tap into the nation’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve, releasing one million barrels a day for the next six months. Eshbaugh-Soha said it’s less certain if additional release announcements have the same market effect as an initial announcement. “The idea is that markets respond to the intention, to the expectation that certain things are going to happen,” he said. Marshall said there are other ways the Biden administration could help with gas prices. One way would lower the federal gas tax, which is 18.40 cents per gallon; however, because the majority of the tax goes to national highways it is unlikely that will happen, he said. Biden could also help by announcing the reopening of pipeline projects that were closed. Although the pipelines wouldn’t help immediately, Marshall said it would act as a symbol of reassurance for the future. WHO ARE SOME OTHER PRESIDENTS THAT HAVE BEEN BLAMED FOR GAS PRICES IN THE PAST? Gas prices have risen at different points in the last several decades. Because Americans are generally presidency oriented, Marshall said presidents tend to get blamed for high prices. “Presidents always jump in there taking credit for things and so we are just in the mindset that ‘If you’re out there taking credit for anything that happens, you might as well step up to the plate and take the other half of the blame’,” he said. The 1973 oil embargo imposed on the United States by oil-producing states in the Persian Gulf region created a spike in gas prices during President Richard Nixon’s administration. During the Iranian Revolution in 1979, gas prices spiked, creating lines and limiting consumers on how many gallons they could get. Marshall said President Jimmy Carter was blamed for the high gas prices at the time. Public expectations of the presidency have grown since as far back as President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and gas prices are one of the more immediate expectations Americans have, Eshbaugh-Soha said. In turn, presidents have structured Americans’ expectations by taking credit for and running on platforms concerning the economy. “Generally the president is blamed for the economy when it’s doing poorly,” he said. “Of course presidents try to claim credit when the economy’s doing well. Presidents win and lose elections based on the state of the economy.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/p...#storylink=cpy
Old 06-11-2022, 05:34 PM
Post whore

Default Opinion: I witnessed Jan. 6 and want the public to understand the truth

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/11/opini...gen/index.html

Editor’s Note: Peter Bergen is CNN’s national security analyst, a vice president at New America and a professor of practice at Arizona State University. His new paperback is “The Cost of Chaos: The Trump Administration and the World.” View more opinion on CNN.

CNN

Nick Quested, a British documentary filmmaker, testified on Thursday evening before the House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol insurrection. I spoke with Quested on Friday. He told me that he wanted the public to understand the truth of what happened on January 6 and expressed worries that the riot could be a dress rehearsal for another attack on America’s constitutional order.

Quested, a producer of the Oscar-nominated Afghanistan War documentary, “Restrepo,” has worked on several other films on subjects ranging from the Mexican drug cartels to the rise of ISIS in Syria.

Vice Chair U.S. Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) participates at the opening public hearing of the U.S. House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the United States Capitol, on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., June 9, 2022. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
Opinion: Liz Cheney's huge moment
Quested and his producing partner Sebastian Junger became interested in the far-right group, the Proud Boys, and followed them in the weeks leading up to January 6. Quested, who captured key footage of the group during the attack at the Capitol, shared his work and his personal account of the events of that day during the committee’s first televised hearing.

He told me about the scenes of mayhem that he and his colleagues filmed that day, as well as the mysterious meeting between the leaders of the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers, another far-right group, that took place in a Washington, DC, parking garage the night before the assault on the US Capitol.

Disclosure: I have appeared as an interviewee in one of Quested’s documentaries. Our interview was edited for clarity.

PETER BERGEN: Why did you decide to testify?

NICK QUESTED: Because we’re approaching living in a post-factual world, and I think it’s important that these facts about January 6 are brought to bear and in an unpartisan way, especially if we can use these hearings to make sure that something like this never happens again.

BERGEN: And you had a subpoena to appear before the committee?

QUESTED: I had a subpoena. I spoke to the authorities in an interview beforehand, but when they were using my work in the way that they did, I felt it was only appropriate for them to subpoena me.

BERGEN: Your work – did you just hand it over to them, or did they request it? How did that work?

QUESTED: Well as a journalist, having filmed what were potentially many crimes, I didn’t feel there was any journalistic jeopardy giving that to authorities. I called a friend who is a US Attorney, and I said, “Listen, I have filmed I don’t know how many crimes. What do you think I should do with this?” He said, “We’ll call the DC Criminal Division.” I was then referred to an agent from the FBI. And we still had to process the footage because we shoot very high-quality video, which needs to be processed. So, we did that and then I gave it to the FBI.

FILE - In this Jan. 6, 2021 photo, Donald Trump supporters participate in a rally in Washington, near the White House. (AP Photo/John Minchillo, File)
Opinion: The big question about the January 6 hearings goes beyond Trump
BERGEN: On the morning of January 6th, what happened in terms of the Proud Boys?

QUESTED: I turned up on the National Mall around 10:30 am and the Proud Boys were already marching in an easterly direction towards the western side of the Capitol, and I immediately kicked into gear and started trying to cover the scene. I’m shooting a wide shot. I’m shooting long lens. I’m in the middle of the crowd with them. I’m shooting slow motion. I’m just trying to edit a sequence in my head, because I’ve done a lot of marching with these guys. They love marching up and down the Mall. We’d done that on December 12, 2020.

So I thought that’s what we were doing again. And we walked around the Capitol, and still they were marching. They’re singing their songs. It felt like hooligans at a soccer match. There were bawdy jokes. There’s sort of been an evolution in the Proud Boys, and at one point, people said that they were a drinking club with a political problem. I’d say they’re a political club with a drinking problem now.

And it wasn’t until that crowd moved near the barrier around the Capitol that I felt the world shift. At 12:54 pm, I feel the commotion and run over, and soon, the barriers are coming down and people are streaming forward and running towards the Capitol.

BERGEN: Were you frightened?

QUESTED: I wasn’t frightened at that point. But the language had started to change. There were more challenges to police to “respect their oath” and comments like, “We pay your wages. Do your job. Choose a side. Respect the oath.” And then people are starting to kick down the next fence. They’re starting to break up the fence and take pieces out of it to use as makeshift weapons, and it was different. It felt like some people were in rapture. It felt like a crusade, like they felt they were right, and they were unappreciative of the irony of using violence to overthrow a constitutionally elected body and justifying that violence by citing the Constitution.

BERGEN: Their interpretation of the Constitution.

QUESTED: Yeah.

BERGEN: How and when did you decide to profile the Proud Boys?

White House advisor Ivanka Trump listens to her father U.S. President Donald Trump deliver remarks on supporting small businesses through the Paycheck Protection Program in the East Room of the White House April 28, 2020 in Washington, DC. An total of $659 billion has been allocated for small business loans in coronavirus relief bills passed by Congress.
Trump claims daughter Ivanka 'checked out' and wasn't looking at election results
QUESTED: In the summer of 2020, I was chatting with the war reporter and my producing partner Sebastian Junger, and we were talking about the psyche of the country at that time. We were in the first few months of Covid-19. People were scared because they had no idea what this virus’ potential was. The hospitals were full. There was a hospital ship in the harbor in New York. The emergency rooms were overflowing. There were stories in the papers about pressure on the food supply and Covid ripping through meatpacking plants.

And then you have the murder of George Floyd, and you literally have medieval-style pitched battles in the cities of America. And we asked ourselves this question: Why is America so divided when Americans have so much in common?

So, we thought, let’s see what the far right has to say and what the far right and the far left actually have in common here. And we wanted to ask both sides: What does it mean to be American? If you can’t define it, then how can you find commonality, if there is commonality to be had here?

BERGEN: So, you reached out to the Proud Boys.

QUESTED: Yeah. We called up the Proud Boys. On November 4, 2020, when President Donald Trump falsely claimed that he won the election before a winner had been declared, we were like, “Oh, here you go.” Because one of the fundamental tenets of America is having a peaceful transfer of power. I called up Enrique Tarrio, the head of the Proud Boys. He liked the film “Restrepo” that war reporter Tim Hetherington, Sebastian, and I made together. And he just said to come down. So we went down to DC on December 11, 2020 and started working.

BERGEN: When a revolution happens, even the revolutionaries sometimes have no idea what is going to happen. To what extent did the Proud Boys know this was going to happen on January 6?

QUESTED: I don’t know. We did definitely look at the Proud Boys and say, “Well, are Proud Boys Jacobins? Are they Brown Shirts? Or are they football hooligans?” Or is it just Trumpism? Because that was a very unifying factor throughout the Proud Boys. There are no RINOs in the Proud Boys. It is the cult of Trump, and they were the muscle.

BERGEN: The footage that you have, why is it of interest to the committee, and what does it show?

QUESTED: It was shot with very high-end cameras at a very high resolution with high-quality lenses by trained professional journalists. There were three of us there and also a freelancer that we met on the day. I was shooting as well. So, basically, what we have is a full view of the day because, even though we were separated at the beginning, we managed to have parallel experiences that have nexus points. We were able to cut documentary scenes from different angles because we’re all seeing the same parts at the same time.

WASHINGTON, DC - JANUARY 6: Trump supporters clash with police and security forces as people try to storm the US Capitol on January 6, 2021 in Washington, DC. Demonstrators breeched security and entered the Capitol as Congress debated the 2020 presidential election Electoral Vote Certification. (photo by Brent Stirton/Getty Images)
Opinion: GOP efforts to 'counterprogram' January 6 hearings will fail
BERGEN: What are the key scenes?

QUESTED: The Proud Boys walking down the Mall, the Proud Boys at lunch, the barriers coming down, the Proud Boys just as the barriers come down at the West Plaza of the Capitol, the fight on the lower West Plaza, and the fight at the tunnel on the west side of the Capitol.

BERGEN: The battle scene in the tunnel? You were there?

QUESTED: I was there.

BERGEN: What did you see?

QUESTED: Chaos and mayhem. I mean, mayhem in the true sense of the word.

BERGEN: Had you ever seen that in the United States?

QUESTED: I have not seen that in the United States, no.

BERGEN: Have you seen it anywhere?

QUESTED: Yeah. I’ve seen it around the world.

BERGEN: Where?

QUESTED: Venezuela 2017, Nicaragua 2018.

BERGEN: Were you scared?

QUESTED: I wasn’t scared because I’m so living in the moment, and my job is to document this. I have a task. So, I focus on my task. I got beat up pretty bad. My camera was broken. I got shot by a beanbag or pepper balls. I got tear-gassed.

BERGEN: What was that like?

QUESTED: Well, it’s not great. It’s not great because you’re in a big crowd, and you know no one in this crowd. You lose all sense of awareness, everything. But for all those in the crowd who were violent, there were many people that were just there to witness the event. They might have chanted or whatever, but there were also people there helping others. Someone came and poured water into my eyes, and I was like, “Don’t do that?” because I was worried I was going to get Covid. And I was like I’d rather be tear-gassed.

President Joe Biden walks with Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson of Sweden and President Sauli Niinisto of Finland as they arrive at the White House in Washington, Thursday May 19, 2022.
Opinion: American leadership is thriving abroad. It's a disturbingly different story at home
My phone didn’t work, so I couldn’t communicate what I was doing until basically six o’clock, when I called my family and said it’s all good.

BERGEN: You also filmed a meeting on January 5 between the leaders of the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers?

QUESTED: This meeting was in a parking garage. We picked Enrique Tarrio up by car from jail, as he had just made bond. (Editor’s note: Tarrio had been arrested on January 4, 2021 on a warrant charging him with burning a Black Lives Matter banner taken from a historic Black church and he was also found with high-capacity magazines, which are illegal in Washington, DC. He was later sentenced to a total of five months in jail for both crimes). We went to pick his stuff up from a lock-up garage south of the Mall. Then we went back up to pick up some bags from the Phoenix Park Hotel in downtown DC, and outside the hotel, we bumped into Stewart Rhodes, leader of the Oath Keepers. We picked up the bags, and somebody said, “You’ve got to come over to this parking garage.” So we went over to this garage, and there was Enrique Tarrio and Stewart Rhodes, along with a few other people.

BERGEN: And what were they doing there?

QUESTED: Ostensibly, they said they were meeting to discuss the issue that Enrique felt he had, which was that he had brought extra capacity gun magazines into DC, which is illegal.

But there were also discussions about his communications and how they were potentially compromised. I heard him say, “I want to stay close to my boys,” and assumed he was having a discussion about where he was going to go next. But that’s all I heard.

I was close to them but at the request of Enrique Tarrio, I put down my camera. My colleague Nico Lupo, who was approximately 20 feet away from Tarrio and Rhodes, was filming from behind a car, so the mic wasn’t picking up the sound as well as we would have hoped.

BERGEN: Do you think it was a planning meeting for the following day?

QUESTED: I don’t know. I can’t say it was a planning meeting. I can tell you it looks pretty bad that you see the two leaders of the two groups that have been charged with seditious conspiracy in a meeting beforehand, but I can’t say what they were doing.

Reagan remarks on receiving the final report of the Special Review Board on the Iran-Contra scandal.
Opinion: History offers a surprising warning about January 6 hearing drama
BERGEN: What are your hopes for your film?

QUESTED: Well, so we pivoted from our film about why America is so divided to a film that looks at the 64 days from the 2020 presidential election to January 6, 2021.

BERGEN: Is there interest in this film?

QUESTED: It took a lot of time to get interest in this film. We made an experiential film, which was just footage from the day, and we submitted it to a bunch of film festivals and hardly even got a reply, and when we did get a reply, they were like, “No, thank you. We’re not here to give any oxygen to these people.” And I said, “But if we don’t discuss this and bring truth to light, then how are we going to make this better?”

So, our film wants to lay out the facts of what happened in those 64 days in a fair and objective manner as we possibly can.

BERGEN: How much time did you spend with the committee and their investigators?

QUESTED: I had a few interviews, but my testimony of record lasted for seven hours.

BERGEN: What were the key points that you made?

QUESTED: Basically, my testimony revolves around my footage. So, I was explaining the context for my footage and what I saw.

BERGEN: Your entire life is about reporting and making a narrative. Is that what the congressional committee is doing?

QUESTED: I think that is, but, you know, we’re in a world where the narrative is driven by the politics.

BERGEN: Do you think these hearings will lay out the evidentiary basis of what happened on January 6?

GET OUR FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

Join us on Twitter and Facebook
QUESTED: I think they will. From my conversations and the line of questioning, I think that they have a group of investigative counsels that are legitimately interested in being able to show the truth and prove it.

BERGEN: And you didn’t have any problem cooperating with them as a journalist?

QUESTED: Look, I’m in the business of truth, and I think they’re in the business of truth, and however people use the truth, that’s not my interest. My interest is having the truth out there.

BERGEN: Did you ever imagine that you would be where you were testifying on Thursday night?

QUESTED: Oh, hell, no. I like to ask the questions. I don’t like answering questions.
Old 06-11-2022, 08:30 PM

Why do you keep quoting useless mainstream media outlets on this shit? They are useless tools. Merely spin doctors who only want to sale add space, bullshit does that.

None of them fucktards can spell constitution, let alone its meaning or writing. There is no interpretation of the constitution. It is absolute. It was written in a way that a 5th. grade education would be able to understand it, and it was done on purpose as that was the average education level at its penning.
Racehorse (06-12-2022), Spike (06-11-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 08:03 AM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Biden didnt try to take over the nation by fraud and violence. What has happened since he became President is a separate issue. Trumps criminal attempt to usurp the will of the people was treasonous. He swore to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.

Where is the evidence of voter fraud? One piece of PHYSICAL evidence?

Bill Barr said it, its bullshit
You still didn't answer the question.
Spike (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 08:22 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
You still didn't answer the question.
Biden is not the issue. Start a different thread. This is about the attempted coup buy Trump to usurp the transfer of power.

Biden didnt call a election official in Georgia. It was trump and he was recorded giving this request

Quote:
I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,” Mr. Trump said during the conversation, according

That is election tampering, he’s the criminal.
Old 06-12-2022, 08:36 AM
Post whore

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...allies-trouble

As requested , a different source

Quote:
. The House select committee investigating the Capitol attack revealed at its inaugural hearing that Donald Trump’s top Republican allies in Congress sought pardons after the January 6 insurrection, a major disclosure that bolstered the claim that the event amounted to a coup and is likely to cause serious scrutiny for those implicated.

The news that multiple House Republicans asked the Trump White House for pardons – an apparent consciousness of guilt – was one of three revelations portending potentially perilous legal and political moments to come for Trump and his allies.

The first public hearing of the January 6 House committee will take place Thursday, 9 June 2022.
January 6 hearing: Trump was at heart of plot that led to ‘attempted coup’
Read more
At the hearing, the panel’s vice-chair Liz Cheney named only one Republican member of Congress, congressman Scott Perry, the current chair of the ultra conservative House freedom caucus, who sought a presidential pardon for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results.

Advertisement

The select committee did not elaborate on which other House Republicans were asking for pardons or more significantly, for which crimes they were seeking pardons, but it appeared to show at the minimum that they knew they had been involved in likely illegal conduct.

The extraordinary claim also raised the prospect that the Republican members of Congress seeking clemency believed Trump’s election fraud claims were baseless: for why would they need pardons if they really were only raising legitimate questions about the election.

“It’s hard to find a more explicit statement of consciousness of guilt than looking for a pardon for actions you’ve just taken, assisting in a plan to overthrow the results of a presidential election,” Jamie Raskin, a member of the select committee, told reporters.

Willful blindness

The disclosure about the pardons came during the opening hour of the hearing where the panel made the case that Trump could not credibly believe he had won the 2020 election after some of his most senior advisors told him repeatedly that he had lost to Joe Biden.

Trump, according to videos of closed-door depositions played by the select committee, was told by his data experts he lost the election, told by former attorney general Bill Barr that his election fraud claims were “bullshit”, a conclusion Ivanka Trump said she accepted.

Advertisement

The admissions by some of Trump’s top aides are important since they could put federal prosecutors one step closer to being able to charge Trump with obstructing an official proceeding or defrauding the United States on the basis of election fraud claims he knew were false.

It’s hard to find a more explicit statement of consciousness of guilt than looking for a pardon for actions you’ve just taken
Jamie Raskin
At the heart of the case the panel appears to be trying to make is the legal doctrine of “willful blindness”, as former US attorney Joyce Vance wrote for MSNBC, which says a defendant cannot say they weren’t aware of something if they were credibly notified of the truth.

The potential case against Trump might take the form that he could not use, as his defense against charges he violated the law to stop Biden’s certification on January 6, that he believed there was election fraud, when he had been credibly notified it was “bullshit”.

Trump-Flynn-Powell meeting

Also in the first hour of the hearing, the select committee cast in a new light the contentious 18 December 2020 meeting Trump had at the White House with his former national security advisor Michael Flynn, and former Trump lawyer and conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell.

The Guardian has reported extensively on that meeting, where Powell urged Trump to sign an executive order to seize voting machines and suspend normal law, based on Trump’s executive order 13848, and to appoint her special counsel to investigate election fraud.

Cheney confirmed the reporting by this newspaper and others, that the group discussed “dramatic steps” such as seizing voting machines, but also alluded to a potential discussion about somehow obstructing Biden’s election win certification.

The basis for that characterization, based on how Cheney described the late night meeting in the Oval Office that later continued in the White House residence, appears to be how Trump, just hours later, tweeted that there would be a “wild protest” on January 6.

It was not clear whether Cheney was laying the groundwork for the select committee to tie Trump into a conspiracy of some sort, claiming this represented two people entering an agreement and taking overt steps to accomplishing it – the legal standard for conspiracy.

But the “wild protest” phrase would shortly after be seized upon by some of the most prominent far-right political operatives.

Hours after Trump’s tweet, according to archived versions of its website, Stop the Steal changed its banner to advertise a “wild protest” before Ali Alexander, who led the movement, even applied for a permit to stage a rally on the east side of the Capitol on Januar

Why would a member of congress want a pardon, before even being charged with a crime?
Old 06-12-2022, 11:19 AM
Post whore

As requested, a different source

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...06742c4a6a6238