ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-22-2020, 01:08 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
No to Love. Not at 13. Maybe at 34, but I'd prefer to get a QB like him on Day 3. I'm not big on QBs with accuracy issues, so I'm going to be lower on Herbert and Love than most.
But what if they have good 40 times
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 02:08 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Another scenario if we are not going to trade up for a QB is that we trade down our first for another second and another 3rd. Get the best QB available with our first second rounder, then use our remaining two seconds rounders on OL & DL... then we would have two thirds to address WR and TE.
Dont just take the "best available QB" in the second round. thats seem dumb. If you really like a guy and he is there, fine. but dont just take one to take one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Pez (01-22-2020), rm1369 (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Take Kinlaw .
Old 01-22-2020, 06:51 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

The youngest Manning brother is retiring from the Giants after 16 seasons ....... his everlasting image to most will be of his improbable breaking away from being sacked by several New England Patriot defenders late in the 4th quarter of Super Bowl XLII, and then the equally improbably catch on that same play by David Tyree.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (01-22-2020), Pez (01-22-2020), Racehorse (01-22-2020), Spike (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I take your points here as well. I'm not saying that if we somehow managed to trade up (more or less two years worth of picks) to get Burrow, he would be demolished behind this line, as that is not likely to be the case, but:

1. He will have a defense that is not remarkably improved
2. He will have questions at OT with Constanzo and Smith
3. He will have the same WR questions that Brissett had
4. He will have thin depth at TE with Ebron's departure

I just don't want to see us trade two years worth of development to get a franchise QB that we cant keep upright or cant support with an improved defense.
I think one thing to remember is that with JB in place it’s entirely possible, maybe even likely, that even if they move up to get someone he sits this first year. That means you have two offseasons to address issues. Their draft capital would be diminished, but not gone. And they still have tons of cap space.

If AC retires then LT admittedly becomes a huge concern, but the others wouldn’t be a huge issue. I think the rest of the roster is good enough to support a young QB. Much better than most teams that take a guy high. I’m much more concerned with getting the right guy. If he’s in this draft and you can get him then pull the trigger and let him sit a year and learn. Trying to improve the roster first may help them develop but it would also make him harder to acquire too. If they pass this year (and don’t push draft picks forward) I’m not sure when they have this ammunition again with an improving roster. Loose that extra 2nd and draft at 18-22 instead of 13 and it becomes even harder to move up.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Pez (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 08:20 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I think one thing to remember is that with JB in place it’s entirely possible, maybe even likely, that even if they move up to get someone he sits this first year. That means you have two offseasons to address issues. Their draft capital would be diminished, but not gone. And they still have tons of cap space.

If AC retires then LT admittedly becomes a huge concern, but the others wouldn’t be a huge issue. I think the rest of the roster is good enough to support a young QB. Much better than most teams that take a guy high. I’m much more concerned with getting the right guy. If he’s in this draft and you can get him then pull the trigger and let him sit a year and learn. Trying to improve the roster first may help them develop but it would also make him harder to acquire too. If they pass this year (and don’t push draft picks forward) I’m not sure when they have this ammunition again with an improving roster. Loose that extra 2nd and draft at 18-22 instead of 13 and it becomes even harder to move up.
Well said, if castanzo retires, is LT a bigger priority than qb?

Thinking this through I would not be surprised if we trade down. If we cant get a generational qb, then let's trade down to have more capital to trade up next year.

I'm continually surprised how all these different roads lead to costanzo. If he retires it will be a completely different calculus.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Discflinger (01-23-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 09:03 PM
Accidental Administrator

I think it's safe to say that this draft and offseason will define Ballard.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 01-22-2020, 09:57 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

The youngest Manning brother is retiring from the Giants after 16 seasons ....... his everlasting image to most will be of his improbable breaking away from being sacked by several New England Patriot defenders late in the 4th quarter of Super Bowl XLII, and then the equally improbably catch on that same play by David Tyree.

o
I appreciate the hell out of Eli for beating Brady and the cheats twice!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (02-21-2020), Racehorse (01-23-2020), Spike (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 10:24 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Only way I’d be ok taking Love is if we sign a big name defensive guy gotta solidify the trenches on defense
Old 01-22-2020, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Well said, if castanzo retires, is LT a bigger priority than qb?

For me, no - a QB is priority. But again, I’m more worried about getting the right guy than in having it be this year, so I’d see taking a LT at 13 and then trading 34 and 44 for 1sts next year as a pretty good alternative to getting a QB this year. Solidify the line and have potentially 3 1st rounders next year to make a move.

Last edited by rm1369; 01-23-2020 at 12:52 AM.