ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-29-2019, 07:20 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertjones View Post
The putrid play on both sides of the ball today kind of leaves you wondering
what this team has really accomplished and where its headed. But it is only one game, although the D has been lame all year IMO. I think expectations were
too high for this defense. Grigson left the cupboard completely empty on that side and Ballard has chosen to fill it for the most part with draft picks. That takes some time.
I disagree with the thread author about Brisset's play. If the D had been
serviceable and the WR corps hadn't shit their pants I think he played well
enough to win the game.
You disagree that his deep ball was late and he lacks touch?

I never imagined that criticism wouldn’t be widely accepted
Old 09-29-2019, 07:32 PM

Don't know where I could get the stats, but it seems to me that the o line was not very good in the first half of last year and then gelled. My guess is, after next week, the team is 2 and 3 and still in the hunt. The O line needs to gel once again, we need TY and Funchess desperately, Ebron needs 6 times the amount of stickum that he's currently using, JB needs work on his release, earlier downfield and softer when less than 10 yards. Finally, he needs to be able to audible, especially early. It was clear to me that early in the game, the Raiders were intent on stopping the run. Play action early would have worked and fucked up their entire defensive game plan.

Oh, and I agree with Omaha, JB's deep passes were almost always too late and most of his short passes have way too much zip on them.

Last edited by albany ed; 09-29-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
You disagree that his deep ball was late and he lacks touch?

I never imagined that criticism wouldn’t be widely accepted
Agree, it was a bad pick, 100%.

But it's Jacoby brissett making a bad read against a savvy defensive play. I think everyone is surprised this hasn't happened more often, and we're lucky to be 2 and 2.

I'm not sure what else to say. We sucked on defense, offense, and special teams. We can't win like that and were lucky to even be in this game.

When the reichs best coaching decision was to give up and let them take knees at the end were saying something. We have a long way to go.

We underestimated the raiders and got punished for it.

Their defense was impressive, completely shut or running game down, made us pass the ball. As soon as one skill player has a bad day, we're cooked. Ebron dropped 4 today. Andrew luck can overcome a margin of error like that, brissett cannot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 09-29-2019, 07:48 PM
Accidental Administrator

The td over Wilson was just fucking inexcusable. He had position, he won, then proceeded to watch him catch a td 18 inches away from him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 09-29-2019, 07:58 PM

I thought the Raiders weakness was their LB's--where were the seam routes? Moe-Allie Cox, hello? I'm so tired of every excuse in Ballard's favor is to blame Grigson. That shit is so far in the past, it's time for some accountability in the present and like Omaha said, keeping Al Woods would've been a good start. How about Hankins and Simon too? Throwing out decent, physical players with size for this? None of that is any previous regime's fault. It looks like a failed attempt to be the smartest guy in the room. Apparently, finding reliable wide receivers is this regime's area of difficulty. Thankfully, this division is bad all around and anything near 9-7 will be seen as a fair season. It'll be chalked up to a tough schedule when in reality, injuries to other star players will continue to make it look less daunting by the week.

Last edited by Colt Classic; 09-29-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:35 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
We need a real 3 tech DT for this crap ass D to work efficiently.
Too bad someone like Gerald McCoy didn't become available in the offseason who would have been perfect..... oh wait.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-30-2019), Chromeburn (09-29-2019), Dewey 5 (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 08:41 PM

Brissett definitely lacks touch and accuracy at times, but played ok enough until late in the game. Too many easily catchable balls were dropped by WR's and TE's today.

This game basically exposed our lack of talent on the team without a few key stars. No one stepped up. Everyone instead just got stepped on.

Offensive line is a disappointment for something that is supposed to be a strength. Glowinski needs to go. He's horrible. Has been all year.

Pathetic effort on defense. Those motherfuckers better be embarrassed with how awful they played. The coaches should be embarrassed with how badly they coached. Ballard should be embarrassed for not spending any money to actually address that d-line properly.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Too bad someone like Gerald McCoy didn't become available in the offseason who would have been perfect..... oh wait.
Are you crazy? That would blow all of their cap space!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colt Classic For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (09-29-2019), Maniac (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
Are you crazy? That would blow all of their cap space!!!
Yeah thank god we have all that cap space so Ballard can use it to sign completely worthless players like Margus Hunt and just sit on it otherwise.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,023 Posts

The Raiders wanted this game more than we did. We pushed them around last year and they remembered. Young teams need to learn that there are no Rutgers on the schedule. This isn't college where you can have a shit game and still win by 20. We still almost won this. But this defense is giving up a lot of points every week. If they are going to average 24 points allowed every week, we are going to lose a lot of games.

I feel this team is a little above average. But their margin for error is low. If they make mistakes they will lose. That is not the sign of a talented team.