ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-29-2019, 05:36 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts
Default quick thoughts on the fucking bullshit raiders game

1) this defense will not work without a pass rush. changing it up won't work without a pass rush. this team has no pass rush and no help is coming. we have invested heavily on the dline and it isn't working. the young players aren't getting it done and the vets arent getting it done.

2) whatever miracle that happened last year with Hunt isn't working this year. he was benched this week. Sheppard with stampede blue made him his winner of last week but i didn't understand it. i thought he was bad. shep is usually spot on so i want to go back and watch but to me, hunt has been bad.

3) autry gets blown off the ball. offers little pass rush. can we finally stop with the preseason hype machine. it rarely means anything.

4) gruden knew exactly how to attack and knew where he could exploit this team. and they did it. we got manhandled on defense. they are big. we are small and inexperienced and they dominated.

5) this oline was trash. smith wasn't good. glowinski was atrocious again. kelly had his moments. when a player jumps in the air to swat a ball, kelly needs to plant that motherfucker in the ground. he leaves his feet and kelly should blast the dude.

6) brissett throws late. his deep ball is always late and the timing is shit. he still lacks touch.

7) fucking ebron dropping everything. rogers dropped his 1 or 2. pascal was on point but is limited as a player. cain is absolute trash. gets zero seperation on anyone. i could probably cover him. campbell looks fast as fuck but can't actually play football it seems.

8) who doesn't love jack doyle. the only reliable guy on offense.

9) willis really shows promise. yet proves why he was a 4th rounder.

10) motherfucking wilson is in position to intercept the ball but lets the fucker get a td. he blanketed that motherfucker.

11) our lbers can't cover. they don't do well in zone. our safeties still play back too far and allow shit underneath. this defense is a problem.

12) i thought hines might be the only dude that was just straight good today.

13) mack was good but left early. started out looking like it was going to be a big day for him.

14) a lot of hype but where is the actual talent on this team? i think we all jumped the gun on how talented this roster is.

15) the team wasn't ready to play. at home. against a shit team. that is on the players and coaches. that said i do love the aggressiveness of reich. he understands the goal is to win the game and he tries to do it.

16) next week play all chiefs against this shit defense. it won't be pretty.

17) ballard has a ton of money to spend and didn't. it really does show. so all you "trust ballard" cunts can shut the fuck up. we have been and this is the outcome.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
albany ed (09-29-2019), apballin (09-29-2019), bertjones (09-29-2019), Chromeburn (09-29-2019), Colt Classic (09-29-2019), Dewey 5 (09-29-2019), dwilli57 (09-30-2019), Oldcolt (09-29-2019), Spike (09-29-2019), Thorgrim (09-29-2019), VeveJones007 (09-30-2019), Voosh (09-29-2019), YDFL Commish (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 05:46 PM

Thanked 1,240 Times in 695 Posts

Well stated although not quite harsh enough in my estimation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thorgrim For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (09-29-2019), Spike (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 05:59 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I am especially disappointed with the offensive line play this year. We got rid of a coach that had them dominating He may have been a jerk but he managed to instill an attitude in the line that we never had before and seem to be losing now. No injuries to blame either. Sucks
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Spike (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 06:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Well put Omaha. Totally agree with every point you made.

What a shit show the Colts put on today.

Really thought FR should have attempted on onside kick at the end considering how bad the defense was playing. Couldn't stop shit all day.

Just a real painful game to watch today.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:24 PM

Thanked 1,896 Times in 923 Posts

On number 17-where would you have liked for Ballard to spend money? I’m assuming you’re talking about defensive help. Who was out there that would have helped? I honestly don’t know.

As I said in the game thread, the defense is just soft. And teams have noticed it.

Definitely Reich’s worst game so far. No one was ready to play, except Brissett, who I actually thought played decently given the complete lack of help he got, and Hines. Then I thought, surely they’ll come out hot in the 2nd half-nope, same shit. Very discouraging.

I fully expect a better showing next Sunday night, although they’ll still lose.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:25 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

We need a real 3 tech DT for this crap ass D to work efficiently.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:33 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

I didn't get to see a lot of the game today. What I did see:

D-Line, that is some garbage, period, no one at all holds the LOS- at all, just getting trucked like fuck.

That helps to expose Walker's completely out of his lane play---- ALL THE FUCKING TIME! Dude needs to be a backup. When DL gets back- DL, Speed, Okereke- period end of discussion.

CB's / Safeties- I have no idea what the Fuck this scheme is- none? Is the design- "let them catch the ball with plenty of space in between you and them, that way they can easily make you miss on the tackle" because that's what the fuck I see! I hate it, fucking hate it, hate fucking it!

Yeah Oline got rocked today. Looked like the Dline- constantly moving backwards.

WR position- what seemed like a huge area of strength, looks like a mash unit and JB's throws across the middle are just setting these up for Safety smashing- that shit is gonna find us having to go searching for FA help at the position real soon!
Old 09-29-2019, 06:42 PM

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,200 Posts

It seemed like we played more man last season.

Desir wasn't inactive but didn't play?

This defense is missing the good Darius Leonard.

Omaha is so spot on about the WR play. Absolutely atrocious...including Ebron.

Disagree about Brissett though. He was not in any way the reason we lost. Even the pick 6 was just a great defensive play, that every QB in the league would've made the same mistake on.

Yeah, I don't wtf is wrong with Hunt, when Lewis gets back, get Hunt off the field.

Reich looked pissed on the sideline and he needs to let the team know that this is not Colts football.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Pez (09-29-2019), Racehorse (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 06:59 PM

The putrid play on both sides of the ball today kind of leaves you wondering
what this team has really accomplished and where its headed. But it is only one game, although the D has been lame all year IMO. I think expectations were
too high for this defense. Grigson left the cupboard completely empty on that side and Ballard has chosen to fill it for the most part with draft picks. That takes some time.
I disagree with the thread author about Brisset's play. If the D had been
serviceable and the WR corps hadn't shit their pants I think he played well
enough to win the game.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:11 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
On number 17-where would you have liked for Ballard to spend money? I’m assuming you’re talking about defensive help. Who was out there that would have helped? I honestly don’t know.

As I said in the game thread, the defense is just soft. And teams have noticed it.

Definitely Reich’s worst game so far. No one was ready to play, except Brissett, who I actually thought played decently given the complete lack of help he got, and Hines. Then I thought, surely they’ll come out hot in the 2nd half-nope, same shit. Very discouraging.

I fully expect a better showing next Sunday night, although they’ll still lose.
Keeping al woods alone would have been great. I don’t remember where else but are you telling me this is the best dline we could get?