ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-28-2021, 10:50 PM

Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedge View Post
He doesn't play special teams, that's why Jackson is the third active RB, as the Colts have stated.
Frankly I'd rather have a third active RB who could possibly be productive and use another guy for STs, but that's just me.

Plus, maybe I'm just imagining things, but I could have sworn I've seen Taylor/Hines/Mack all active on the same game together. Were Special Teams just not a priority then?

Last edited by nate505; 11-28-2021 at 10:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate505 For This Useful Post:
Spike (11-29-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 11:04 PM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
Frankly I'd rather have a third active RB who could possibly be productive and use another guy for STs, but that's just me.

Plus, maybe I'm just imagining things, but I could have sworn I've seen Taylor/Hines/Mack all active on the same game together. Were Special Teams just not a priority then?
I don’t know this for sure, but could it be that Jackson is needed on special teams because Odum and Sendejo are both starting right now?

That would make sense.

I agree though that having Mack active would sure be nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Spike (11-29-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 11:10 PM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 922 Posts

Also, for the record, I fully expected a loss today. Arians is a good coach, the Bucs have a talented team, and, most importantly, you’re not gonna get any calls AT ALL against golden boy Brady.

That unnecessary roughness penalty on Sendejo was total bullshit. It was a quarterback sneak, for fucks sake. He was still moving forward and Sendejo hit him in the back, not the head.

In order to beat the Bucs and the refs today, we needed to dominate. We didn’t do that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
apballin (11-28-2021), CletusPyle (11-29-2021), Colts And Orioles (11-28-2021), Racehorse (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 07:43 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
While Wentz was really good in the first half he was bad in the 2nd: 11/20 for 109, 2 ints, and 2 fumbles (1 lost). Like I said, he's not capable of carrying the team by himself against a good opponent. By far his best series in the 2nd half was when we (surprise) started running the ball again.

Agree that the running game wasn't going early on, but it did start to get some momentum going in the 2nd quarter before Reich decided to pull the plug on it for the game.

Either way, throwing the ball 26 straight times isn't a good idea for the Colts. Especially after they've turned it over a couple of times during that streak.
NOt making excuses for him, but your take is not exactly fair. One INT was on a desperation play, and the other looked like the defender grabbed Pittman's jersey to get into position. One of the fumbles was on Fisher getting beat by the defender. I don't recall the other fumble. Wentz wasn't perfect, but he wasn't the reason we lost today.
Colts And Orioles (11-29-2021), Spike (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 09:18 AM

Thanked 1,590 Times in 762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
NOt making excuses for him, but your take is not exactly fair. One INT was on a desperation play, and the other looked like the defender grabbed Pittman's jersey to get into position. One of the fumbles was on Fisher getting beat by the defender. I don't recall the other fumble. Wentz wasn't perfect, but he wasn't the reason we lost today.
The other fumble was when he scrambled for some yardage, dove forward and took a hit. He lost the ball but regained it himself. I hold my breath every time he runs because you know he won't slide.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:38 PM

The only Colt game I got to watch this season was the 2nd half and I go away pissed off. I hate that.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:30 PM

Thanked 1,282 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
That probably did come off too harsh. Was just trying to make that point that not having a more balanced attack and throwing every single play will eventually catch up with us like it did yesterday.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-29-2021)
Old 12-05-2021, 12:28 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I heard them mention Lenny Moore just now ...... is he in the stadium for Robert Mathis' induction into the Colts' Ring of Honor ???

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post

Don’t know why, but he’s there.

o

I just found out why ...... the Colts were honoring him as a franchise legend, in addition to doing so for Robert Mathis.

The team also honored Hall-of-Famer Lenny Moore during the first half. The running back played for the Baltimore Colts from 1956-67, winning 2 championships (1958 & ’59.) His jersey number 24 is one of eight retired by the franchise.

https://www.wane.com/sports/indianap...t-colts-38-31/

All of it was planned ahead of time ...... the Colts were wearing throwback uniforms from the late 1950's, honoring those teams.

Colts to Honor Late 1950's Teams with Throwback Uniform vs. Bucs

(By Charean Williams)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...iform-vs-bucs/

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-05-2021)