ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-01-2021, 05:46 AM

My guess is Reich staked it all on the success of Wentz. If Wentz does not prove to be worth all they gave/give up to get him, Reich may get the axe.
Old 11-01-2021, 05:46 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i get the criticism of reich but i don't understand how much he is getting.

the defense allows 8 yard passes at will. basically unchallenged. all day long.

reich doesn't rush the passer.

reich doesn't make wentz throw into triple coverage when he could check down for 20 yards in ot
Ebersuck works for Reich. My expectation, and given how ass this team is it could be wrong, but my expectation is these two work together quite a bit and discuss strategy and situational specific plans. My expectation is they game plan together. As such, the 8 yard passes unchallenged, is because Frank thinks that is good strategy and tells Ebersuck to keep sucking!
Old 11-01-2021, 06:18 AM

Pitchforks and bonfires! I still believe we can finish 10-7. Blackmon going down hurts and if Willis is out for awhile retract my statement, but I think this team is different than most and I love them for it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Discflinger For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-01-2021), Racehorse (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Ebersuck works for Reich. My expectation, and given how ass this team is it could be wrong, but my expectation is these two work together quite a bit and discuss strategy and situational specific plans. My expectation is they game plan together. As such, the 8 yard passes unchallenged, is because Frank thinks that is good strategy and tells Ebersuck to keep sucking!
Eberflus was a Ballard signing. He was on staff as part of the McDaniels debacle. They are also running a defense with nearly zero effective edge rush. It’s going to have holes. I’m not suggesting they are doing great by any means, I’m just pointing out again that Reich is the scapegoat for an issue that is squarely on Ballard. His coaching hire he hasn’t given the most important element to, yet it’s all Reich’s fault. Ballard is made of Teflon in Colts world.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:38 AM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Eberflus was a Ballard signing. He was on staff as part of the McDaniels debacle. They are also running a defense with nearly zero effective edge rush. It’s going to have holes. I’m not suggesting they are doing great by any means, I’m just pointing out again that Reich is the scapegoat for an issue that is squarely on Ballard. His coaching hire he hasn’t given the most important element to, yet it’s all Reich’s fault. Ballard is made of Teflon in Colts world.
Yup, that's what happens when you decide to run pass play after pass play after pass play with a depleted WR corp, instead of using one of the best RBs in the NFL that was having an effective day.
ChoppedWood (11-01-2021), Hoopsdoc (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 10:47 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Discflinger you actually love this team? I find this group to be the least likable Colt team I have ever rooted for. Prima donas that think they are all that without ever winning shit. Coach that keeps saying what a good team he has here. Participation trophies galore at the end of the season with smiles all around because they 'won'. Think Lombardi would be saying lovely things about his QB who threw a pass a fourth grader wouldn't try? Parcels liked to say 'you are what your record says you are'. He was right. This is a mediocre team through and through. And very unlikable.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:00 AM

Thanked 1,901 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
Yup, that's what happens when you decide to run pass play after pass play after pass play with a depleted WR corp, instead of using one of the best RBs in the NFL that was having an effective day.
It’s baffling to me that people want to blame Ballard equally for Reichs buffoonery.

To be clear, I’m not absolving Ballard by any means. This team has holes.

I’d put the blame for the season so far at 75 percent Reich, 25 percent Ballard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i get the criticism of reich but i don't understand how much he is getting.

the defense allows 8 yard passes at will. basically unchallenged. all day long.

reich doesn't rush the passer.

reich doesn't make wentz throw into triple coverage when he could check down for 20 yards in ot
The defense sacked Tannehill 3 times and intercepted him twice. They held Henry under 70 yards rushing.

The defense wasn’t the problem yesterday.

Frank Reich lost that game with his stupidity.

Period.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
apballin (11-01-2021), ChoppedWood (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 11:25 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,676 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
It’s baffling to me that people want to blame Ballard equally for Reichs buffoonery.

To be clear, I’m not absolving Ballard by any means. This team has holes.

I’d put the blame for the season so far at 75 percent Reich, 25 percent Ballard.
Gameday decisions and bad play calls are on Reich. A weirdly constructed team and lack of weapons is on Ballard. Throwing into triple coverage and not using your check downs because is on Wentz.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Gameday decisions and bad play calls are on Reich. A weirdly constructed team and lack of weapons is on Ballard. Throwing into triple coverage and not using your check downs because is on Wentz.
This team doesn’t really lack weapons on offense, aside from those missing from injury. Pittman is becoming a clear number 1 receiver if he’s not already there. Everyone knows how good Taylor can be, except for Reich, apparently. MAC is a good player who is also underutilized.

As for Wentz, he is ONLY here because of Reich. A failure by Wentz is directly attributable to Reich.