ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-20-2022, 03:41 PM

Default QB's in 2023

Here is some video of the top 3 QB's in my humble opinion. I graded Will Levis ahead of the other two just purely on his lets get dirty mentality. Richardson is the better all around athlete and smart guy with the ball in his hands, but being a sophomore how long before he is able to start? Other two are currently running NFL style offenses.

Will Levis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLMhdUkvoZs

Tanner McKee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i67fSjwGZLc

Anthony Richardson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNGpk6pwKVM

Of course this is based on two of them declaring early. Fuck Stroud and Young. I think both are overrated given the programs they play at. This is my list, and given the way we played so far we can easily be in position to nab one of em.
smitty46953 (09-21-2022), Spike (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 05:48 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Maybe they should be looking at some high school seniors?
Old 09-20-2022, 05:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,651 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Here is some video of the top 3 QB's in my humble opinion. I graded Will Levis ahead of the other two just purely on his lets get dirty mentality. Richardson is the better all around athlete and smart guy with the ball in his hands, but being a sophomore how long before he is able to start? Other two are currently running NFL style offenses.

Will Levis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLMhdUkvoZs

Tanner McKee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i67fSjwGZLc

Anthony Richardson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNGpk6pwKVM

Of course this is based on two of them declaring early. Fuck Stroud and Young. I think both are overrated given the programs they play at. This is my list, and given the way we played so far we can easily be in position to nab one of em.
Is your sole basis for Young and Stroud being overrated their programs? Because Alabama and OSU QBs don't historically have a ton of success in the NFL. Mac Jones might change that trajectory a bit, but Justin Fields doesn't seem to be doing much to change it. That said, I'll reserve judgment on Young, but what I've seen thus far doesn't suggest a system or college gimmick QB in the slightest.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Is your sole basis for Young and Stroud being overrated their programs? Because Alabama and OSU QBs don't historically have a ton of success in the NFL. Mac Jones might change that trajectory a bit, but Justin Fields doesn't seem to be doing much to change it. That said, I'll reserve judgment on Young, but what I've seen thus far doesn't suggest a system or college gimmick QB in the slightest.
I'm basing it solely on neither turn out NFL QB'S, but every year they scream how good their QB'S are. Jones is mediocre so far. He is not a franchise QB. He needs lots of pieces around him to have any chance whatsoever.
Old 09-21-2022, 03:47 AM
Post whore

Quote:
I'm basing it solely on neither turn out NFL QB'S, but every year they scream how good their QB'S are. Jones is mediocre so far. He is not a franchise QB. He needs lots of pieces around him to have any chance whatsoever.
So yes, you're not actually looking at the talent level of the players themselves. I haven't seen enough to formally evaluate him yet, but what I've seen of Bryce Young is much different than your typical Alabama QB.
Old 09-21-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
So yes, you're not actually looking at the talent level of the players themselves. I haven't seen enough to formally evaluate him yet, but what I've seen of Bryce Young is much different than your typical Alabama QB.

You missed the part where I said, "My Humble Opinion" And "Based Off Of What" I see, sharpen your comprehension. I wasn't looking for approval of my list, it was my list. Put some video up of better than what I have. Young playing against school of our lady of the blind is not highlight reel material.
Old 09-21-2022, 11:20 AM
Post whore

Quote:
You missed the part where I said, "My Humble Opinion" And "Based Off Of What" I see, sharpen your comprehension. I wasn't looking for approval of my list, it was my list. Put some video up of better than what I have. Young playing against school of our lady of the blind is not highlight reel material.
https://youtu.be/-z5J6f0S5iA

How about carving up a defense that had 5 first round draft picks in the 2022 NFL Draft?
Old 09-21-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
https://youtu.be/-z5J6f0S5iA

How about carving up a defense that had 5 first round draft picks in the 2022 NFL Draft?
Your idea of carving up a defense and my idea are two different ideas. He had some great throws in that game. He also had some questionable throws that his receivers bailed him out. I never said he wasn't decent. I said he is overrated. Again with the comprehension. He is not a QB I would gamble a high first round pick on. Let someone else get heartbroken when he can't transition to the NFL.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:35 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Your idea of carving up a defense and my idea are two different ideas. He had some great throws in that game. He also had some questionable throws that his receivers bailed him out. I never said he wasn't decent. I said he is overrated. Again with the comprehension. He is not a QB I would gamble a high first round pick on. Let someone else get heartbroken when he can't transition to the NFL.
26-44 for 421 yards and 4 Total TDs (3 passing) isn't good enough for you against a defense that had 5 first round picks and 7 Day 1 or 2 picks in the next draft to be considered "carving them up"? To each their own, I guess.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:37 AM

Brissett looked good last night.

I guess all he needed was some better coaching and play calling.