ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: What Kind of Season with the 2023 Colts Have ???
Bad Season (5 Wins or Less) 7 22.58%
Mediocre Season (Between 6 Wins and 9 Wins) 19 61.29%
Good Season (Between 10 Wins and 12 Wins) 3 9.68%
Excellent Season (13 Wins or More) 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2024, 10:07 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post

They were victims of poor coaching and very poor quarterback play last year. The team was solid enough, but those two factors were too much to overcome. With those two factors improved, it is easy to see a winning season.

o

I think that the horrible offensive line for the first 3/4 of the season had a lot to do with the poor quarterbacking last year ...... it was a minor miracle that an immobile, 37 year-old Matt Ryan had somehow managed to have a 4-3-1 record after his first 8 games with that offensive line. The Colts were on the verge of being 5-3-1 with Ryan at quarterback when the Super Bowl-bound Philadelphia Eagles mounted a late comeback to score 14 points in the final 13 minutes of the game, and barely win by a score of 17-16. Once Ryan was shell-shocked and knew that the defensive front would be in his face less than 2 seconds after the ball was snapped, it was mostly a vicious downhill cycle after that with Ryan having to get rid of the ball too quickly, getting sacked and getting injured, etc.

Sam Ehlinger also had to deal with that awful offensive line in 2 mid-season games against the Commanders and the Patriots. And by the time that he and Nick Foles re-entered the picture for the final 3 games of the season for an injured, battered, and shell-shocked Matt Ryan, the season was an irreparable mess. The offensive line had made a modest improvement over the last few games of the season, but again, all was lost by that time for the 2022 Colts.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-07-2024, 12:48 AM
Historian

o

The 19 "mediocre" voters won out ...... although the 3 "good season" voters just barely missed.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (01-07-2024), Racehorse (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 01:54 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

The 19 "mediocre" voters won out ...... although the 3 "good season" voters just barely missed.

o
Dammit
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 12:53 PM
Historian

Quote:
o

o
o

I feel bad that JAFF has decided to leave us, but I like the fact that he and I were the only 2 posters who voted for an "excellent" season ...... and who knows, perhaps the 2023 Colts may have come close to that had Anthony Richardson stayed healthy.

o

The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 01:27 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
o

I feel bad that JAFF has decided to leave us, but I like the fact that he and I were the only 2 posters who voted for an "excellent" season ...... and who knows, perhaps the 2023 Colts may have come close to that had Anthony Richardson stayed healthy.

o
Watching ESPN pregame Alex Smith said he’s had 4 or 5 AC joint sprains and you can get it shot up and you’ll feel great until the games over and then it’s very painful. I’m glad AR decided to get this properly repaired
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 01:40 PM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 797 Posts

Quote:
o

I think that the horrible offensive line for the first 3/4 of the season had a lot to do with the poor quarterbacking last year ...... it was a minor miracle that an immobile, 37 year-old Matt Ryan had somehow managed to have a 4-3-1 record after his first 8 games with that offensive line. The Colts were on the verge of being 5-3-1 with Ryan at quarterback when the Super Bowl-bound Philadelphia Eagles mounted a late comeback to score 14 points in the final 13 minutes of the game, and barely win by a score of 17-16. Once Ryan was shell-shocked and knew that the defensive front would be in his face less than 2 seconds after the ball was snapped, it was mostly a vicious downhill cycle after that with Ryan having to get rid of the ball too quickly, getting sacked and getting injured, etc.

Sam Ehlinger also had to deal with that awful offensive line in 2 mid-season games against the Commanders and the Patriots. And by the time that he and Nick Foles re-entered the picture for the final 3 games of the season for an injured, battered, and shell-shocked Matt Ryan, the season was an irreparable mess. The offensive line had made a modest improvement over the last few games of the season, but again, all was lost by that time for the 2022 Colts.

o
And that awful offensive line play followed Reich to Carolina, meanwhile the same group suddenly got a lot better with new coaches. Better QB play was also a factor, but so was better coaching, better playcalling, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 01:45 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post

Watching the ESPN pregame show, Alex Smith said that he’s had 4 or 5 AC joint-sprains, and that you can get it shot up and you’ll feel great until the game is over, and then it’s very very painful again. ) I’m glad that Anthony Richardson decided to get this properly repaired.

o

I'm glad, too ...... I wasn't suggesting that the Colts should have tried to keep Richardson out there playing like the Redskins did with Robert Griffin III in 2012, but rather I was speculating what might have been had he not gotten injured in the first place.

o

Old 01-07-2024, 01:48 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
o

I'm glad, too ...... I wasn't suggesting that the Colts should have tried to keep Richardson out there playing like the Redskins did with Robert Griffin III in 2012, but rather I was speculating what might have been had he not gotten injured in the first place.

o
Yea I got you and totally agree