ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 04-09-2020, 05:23 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Most of that has been debunked, but carry on. Like I said before, I am not here to discuss politics. I am here for football. Your points still do not counter that people are responsible for their own fate, not the POTUS.
Which ones? Make a list.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:27 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

I dont get how the president is allowed to just get rid of independent inspectors/watchdogs that are overseeing things like how his administration is spending billions in aid relief. It defeats the whole purpose of those roles.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (04-10-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 12:25 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I doubt anyone disagrees with your views on China. However I have no voice in what happens in China, and China isn’t responsible for the shit show of a reaction we’ve had here. China isn’t the cause of Trumps lying. China isn’t the reason the governor of Georgia claimed we just learned about asymptotic people spreading the virus, as an excuse for his delay in ordering shelter at home, when it’s been widely reported for several weeks if not months. I won’t focus on China because that’s the excuse and distraction being handed down to cover up our own failings. There will always be countries that lie and hide this kind of shit. Watching Trump lie to the American people daily do you honestly believe he would have been forthcoming with the truth if it started here? Fuck no he wouldn’t have. Not to mention that was the responsibility of the pandemic response team that Trump and Bolton dismantled. Remember - he’d just hire back the scientists when they were needed. He didn’t like paying people when there wasn’t a crisis. Blame the Chinese all you want, they deserve it. But the only thing within our control is our countries response to it. Don’t let China distract you from that shit show.
I'm sure people are/will try to play the blame game with China to distract from the shitty job Trump is doing, but I'm not trying to do that. I'm pointing out the root cause of the outbreak, which the Chinese government is fully responsible for. Yes we were completely unprepared for this, Trump is an asshole, and the Georgia governor looks pretty incompetent. All of those things need to be corrected, but none of those issues are any way the root cause of why the outbreak happened. This is the engineer in me talking, but if the root cause of a problem isn't fixed then the problem is likely to re-occur. The only way this fix will happen is for the world to collectively hold the Chinese government accountable or at least get them to agree to work with the rest of the world on containment the next time this happens. And while I can't vote on this to happen, I can try to spread awareness in an attempt to have this gain enough momentum for it to become an actionable issue. I doubt it'll happen, but I can at least try.

Anyway, that's my take, and rest assured it hasn't blinded me from the lack of preparedness and shit show in Washington.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
JAFF (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 12:43 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, this man was one of the great minds of the 20th and 21st centuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZ8...lluEmiecD_Cqo0

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (04-09-2020), JAFF (04-09-2020), Racehorse (04-09-2020), rm1369 (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 01:53 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Please tell me which of them have been debunked- I’d genuinely like to know. Not sure who disagreed with your statement. I’ve seen no one state otherwise. But again, if Trump doesn’t have an effect on anything why support him? Because he called Mexicans rapists? Because he was a reality TV star? I’d really like to know. You keep telling me why I shouldn’t care that my country is led by a lying con artist, but there has to be a reason to support him right? Please enlighten me.
No, you don't You are one of those guys who thinks if an R is in the White House, the world sucks. You are no better than the morons who thought their life sucked because a D was in there the 8 years before him. I will say it again, you make your life good or bad, not any POTUS. YOU are the one who sees everything as R and D. Not me. My leanings are libertarian, which means they all do an equally bad job, for the most part.
Like I said, I am here for football. Carry on!
Old 04-09-2020, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

I know one thing … Right, wrong or indifferent the Presidential debate should be entertaining. "Comedy Gold Jerry Comedy Gold"
JAFF (04-10-2020), omahacolt (04-10-2020), Racehorse (04-09-2020), rm1369 (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 09:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default Trump family loses bid to move marketing scam lawsuit to arbitration

Trump family loses bid to move marketing scam lawsuit to arbitration

http://https://www.msn.com/en-us/new...on/ar-BB12otgd

In a Wednesday night decision concerning the American Communications Network, U.S. District Judge Lorna Schofield accused the Trumps of acting unfairly by seeking arbitration after first obtaining "the benefits of litigating in federal court," including the dismissal of a racketeering claim.

"This conduct is both substantively prejudicial towards Plaintiffs and seeks to use the [Federal Arbitration Act] as a vehicle to manipulate the rules of procedure to Defendants' benefit and Plaintiffs' harm," Schofield wrote.

Defendants included Trump's adult children, Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka, and an affiliate of the Trump Organization.

"The court erred, and while we are disappointed, we will take an immediate appeal," Joanna Hendon, a lawyer for the Trumps, said in an email.

In the October 2018 complaint, the Trumps were accused of misleading victims into becoming salespeople for ACN, a multi-level marketing company that charged $499 for a chance to sell videophones and other goods.

According to the plaintiffs, the Trump family conned them into thinking Donald Trump, who had yet to become president, believed their investments would pay off.

The Trumps have called the lawsuit politically motivated, and said Donald's Trump's endorsement of ACN was merely his opinion.

In rejecting arbitration, Schofield noted the plaintiffs' claim that they had no reason to believe their agreements to arbitrate with ACN also covered the Trumps.

Roberta Kaplan, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said in an email she looked forward to pursuing the proposed class action on behalf of her clients and "thousands of others like them who were defrauded by the Trumps."

Last July, Schofield said the plaintiffs could pursue state law claims of fraud, false advertising and unfair competition against the Trumps, despite dismissing the racketeering claim.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
No, you don't You are one of those guys who thinks if an R is in the White House, the world sucks. You are no better than the morons who thought their life sucked because a D was in there the 8 years before him. I will say it again, you make your life good or bad, not any POTUS. YOU are the one who sees everything as R and D. Not me. My leanings are libertarian, which means they all do an equally bad job, for the most part.
Like I said, I am here for football. Carry on!
I typed out a bunch, but edited to just say this: either address the substance of what’s being said or just shut the fuck up. It’s obvious you have nothing to add beyond the cliche that you keep trotting out. The one that not a single person has disagreed with. Tell me which of my issues with Trump has been debunked as you claim (two of us asked you) or give me a reason you support Trump. Otherwise take you own advice and go talk football. It’s obvious you have nothing else to add here.

Last edited by rm1369; 04-09-2020 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I'm sure people are/will try to play the blame game with China to distract from the shitty job Trump is doing, but I'm not trying to do that. I'm pointing out the root cause of the outbreak, which the Chinese government is fully responsible for. Yes we were completely unprepared for this, Trump is an asshole, and the Georgia governor looks pretty incompetent. All of those things need to be corrected, but none of those issues are any way the root cause of why the outbreak happened. This is the engineer in me talking, but if the root cause of a problem isn't fixed then the problem is likely to re-occur. The only way this fix will happen is for the world to collectively hold the Chinese government accountable or at least get them to agree to work with the rest of the world on containment the next time this happens. And while I can't vote on this to happen, I can try to spread awareness in an attempt to have this gain enough momentum for it to become an actionable issue. I doubt it'll happen, but I can at least try.

Anyway, that's my take, and rest assured it hasn't blinded me from the lack of preparedness and shit show in Washington.

That’s fair, I don’t disagree at all. Unfortunately I’m concerned we are trending again towards nationalism which tends to hurt the whole idea of global cooperation. There is a whole lot of things that the international community should be addressing with China, but the only real way it works is when a majority of the international community stands together. That often requires partners to cooperate more and not allow side issues to threaten the cooperation. I just don’t see that with the current political climate. Trump is a large part of that obviously, but not the only part. Europe is having its own issues with Nationalism. That makes things significantly easier for China.

And my fear is that the current administration will use this to not only hide their own domestic failures with the virus, but to continue weakening international alliances. The WHO certainly has questions to answer as well, but that type of international organization actually needs strengthened, not weakened if you want to minimize future issues. But I don’t believe that’s the current goal.

Last edited by rm1369; 04-09-2020 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:50 AM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
That’s fair, I don’t disagree at all. Unfortunately I’m concerned we are trending again towards nationalism which tends to hurt the whole idea of global cooperation. There is a whole lot of things that the international community should be addressing with China, but the only real way it works is when a majority of the international community stands together. That often requires partners to cooperate more and not allow side issues to threaten the cooperation. I just don’t see that with the current political climate. Trump is a large part of that obviously, but not the only part. Europe is having its own issues with Nationalism. That makes things significantly easier for China.

And my fear is that the current administration will use this to not only hide their own domestic failures with the virus, but to continue weakening international alliances. The WHO certainly has questions to answer as well, but that type of international organization actually needs strengthened, not weakened if you want to minimize future issues. But I don’t believe that’s the current goal.
Agree with your concerns. You would think 100,000+ deaths and the devastation to our economies would be a great rallying point for the international community. Hopefully it is, but like you I have my doubts.

As for the WHO, I think/hope the threat to withhold funding is a play to get Adhanom to resign, which at the very least needs to happen. The WHO prioritized their political ties with China over the health of the world and in doing so aided in China's cover up which lead to the outbreak. Perhaps this was inadvertent, but they still need to be held accountable.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/who-re...s-virus-alert/