ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-03-2020, 12:46 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Honestly, I'm fine with what the team has at WR, especially if Hines is going to be used as a WR more. Just play more 12, 21, and 22 personnel and use the playmakers we have to exploit mismatches. Marcus Johnson, Zach Pascal, and Michael Pittman Jr. should be able to provide enough at WR.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 02:34 PM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voosh View Post
It may be a result of Rivers spreading the ball out as opposed to the days when TY was Luck's security blanket. I don't know what to think about him. I may get shit for this but I never thought he was a true WR1 but that's comparing him to the likes of Wayne which is probably unfair.
I also never thought he was a true #1 - he was a great secret weapon when teams were worried about Reggie Wayne, hence why he got the "ghost" nickname. I also thought he was always better as a slot receiver than outside.

Sure he's had a few big games in his career, and any good receiver should have that. But a #1 is a guy you can count on every game to be your leading receiver. TY has just never been that guy. If we found a true #1, I think he could go back to having an impact, assuming he isn't too old at this point.
And its crazy to think that but he's already 30! and I just looked that up and realized he has the same birthday as me, so cool and all, but he's gonna be 31 in a couple of weeks!
Old 11-03-2020, 05:28 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I also never thought he was a true #1 - he was a great secret weapon when teams were worried about Reggie Wayne, hence why he got the "ghost" nickname. I also thought he was always better as a slot receiver than outside.

Sure he's had a few big games in his career, and any good receiver should have that. But a #1 is a guy you can count on every game to be your leading receiver. TY has just never been that guy. If we found a true #1, I think he could go back to having an impact, assuming he isn't too old at this point.
And its crazy to think that but he's already 30! and I just looked that up and realized he has the same birthday as me, so cool and all, but he's gonna be 31 in a couple of weeks!
I would suggest you look at TYs stats after Wayne retired
Old 11-03-2020, 06:26 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I would suggest you look at TYs stats after Wayne retired
The biggest key to TY's success was his rapport with Andrew Luck. Just look at his stats with and without Luck.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:34 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
The biggest key to TY's success was his rapport with Andrew Luck. Just look at his stats with and without Luck.
Look at everyone's stats without Luck. He was a FAR better QB than anything we've had since, plus TY was in his prime at that time with Luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-04-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 10:25 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Honestly, I'm fine with what the team has at WR, especially if Hines is going to be used as a WR more. Just play more 12, 21, and 22 personnel and use the playmakers we have to exploit mismatches. Marcus Johnson, Zach Pascal, and Michael Pittman Jr. should be able to provide enough at WR.
Not a lot of mis-matches there. That is essentially what we are missing. But there weren’t really any good options in the trade market anyway.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:59 AM

T.Y. has always been great between the 20's, but has rarely been a red zone threat, which in my eyes is what truly defines a No. 1 receiver. Moving the ball up the field into scoring position is great, but you actually need to score the touchdowns. Now Hilton has been a great player for the Colts, not trying to knock him in any way, but has always felt like we could do with that something a little bit more.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:51 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Same could be said for Marvin Harrison and Manning
Old 11-04-2020, 09:00 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Not a lot of mis-matches there. That is essentially what we are missing. But there weren’t really any good options in the trade market anyway.
Hines seemed to create a lot of mismatches against the Lions. He, MAC, and Burton are the guys the Colts have most capable of creating a mismatch right now. Taylor has also been surprisingly good as a receiver out of the backfield. Hopefully at some point they'll also get Campbell back and he can start taking the top off of some of these defenses.
Old 11-04-2020, 02:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Hines seemed to create a lot of mismatches against the Lions. He, MAC, and Burton are the guys the Colts have most capable of creating a mismatch right now. Taylor has also been surprisingly good as a receiver out of the backfield. Hopefully at some point they'll also get Campbell back and he can start taking the top off of some of these defenses.
That's why I said not a lot. Hines is still a RB coming out of the backfield splitting out some, but he isn't Marshall Faulk. The other guys are just guys.

I'm talking about a legitimate athletic mis-match at WR or TE. Like Ebron was, or most number 1 receivers are. We are dependant on rub routes and picks to get our guys open.

Campbell could be, if we ever get to see him for an extended amount of time.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 11-04-2020 at 02:38 PM.