ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-13-2021, 07:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
What did I claim to be that I'm not?

Your standard is arbitrary and therefore not worth acknowledgement.
You are full of shit, and too stupid to notice
Old 05-13-2021, 07:09 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
You are full of shit, and too stupid to notice
You know you've won the argument when all the other side has to respond with is a personal attack.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:47 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
You know you've won the argument when all the other side has to respond with is a personal attack.
So here’s my hypothetical for you Dam, you’re sitting in the draft room and it comes down to Jenkins and Paye

To which the scouting team tells you:
Paye is the hardest worker in the draft he’ll be the first guy in and the last guy out of the building all his teammates love him and would go to war for him

Jenkins: Big lazy half ass worker with a shitty attitude but turns it on come game day

Who you gonna draft even with the film you’ve watched?
Old 05-13-2021, 09:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
An observation, Mr Knowitall. You can pretend to be a professional scout, dont expect others to feed your obsession

Last edited by JAFF; 05-13-2021 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:44 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Seems louder to me if 3 or 4 people are responding back with the same opinion, but could just be me.

Who said anything about Ballard being swayed by a scouting intern? I certainly didn't. My comment about a scouting intern was in response to JAFF's comment that seemed to imply that "being in the room on draft day" was the only thing that could make one an expert, which is ludicrous on its face, because there are some people in some of those rooms with almost no experience, and let's not forget that Ryan Grigson ran several draft rooms, and he might be the worst drafting GM ever. I challenge anyone to read The Beast and tell me that Dane Brugler doesn't have as much or more knowledge as an area scout who is "in the room" with 1-5 years of experience.

This is what Kiper said about Mahomes. Seems pretty spot on to me. As for Dilfer, he was an NFL average starting QB and would've been way more valuable than Trev Alberts was.
Griggs was an absolute fucking joke as a GM. Let's not confuse his sorry ass with Ballard. Ballard knows what he is doing.

Kiper gave the Chiefs a C plus in that same draft. If he was so high on Mahomes, how the hell could he give them any lower than a B plus.

As far as Alberts goes, yeah, terrible draft pick. But Dilfer was not an average QB, he was a below average QB. Hell, even when he won a SB, they told him, just don't lose it for us. Let the defense take care of this. Personally, I don't want a QB like that.
Luck4Reich (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 09:57 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Griggs was an absolute fucking joke as a GM. Let's not confuse his sorry ass with Ballard. Ballard knows what he is doing.

Kiper gave the Chiefs a C plus in that same draft. If he was so high on Mahomes, how the hell could he give them any lower than a B plus.

As far as Alberts goes, yeah, terrible draft pick. But Dilfer was not an average QB, he was a below average QB. Hell, even when he won a SB, they told him, just don't lose it for us. Let the defense take care of this. Personally, I don't want a QB like that.
Yeah that Ravens defense was so damn good they probably could have won the Super Bowl with Curtis Painter. Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Spike (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 10:38 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
So here’s my hypothetical for you Dam, you’re sitting in the draft room and it comes down to Jenkins and Paye

To which the scouting team tells you:
Paye is the hardest worker in the draft he’ll be the first guy in and the last guy out of the building all his teammates love him and would go to war for him

Jenkins: Big lazy half ass worker with a shitty attitude but turns it on come game day

Who you gonna draft even with the film you’ve watched?
In that hypothetical, it would make sense to take Paye, but if we're talking reality, that's a huge negative assumption to make about Jenkins, especially because I don't think someone who plays like Jenkins does could just "turn it on for gameday". That takes effort and work, both in practice and on gameday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
An observation, Mr Knowitall. You can pretend to be a professional scout, dont expect others to feed your obsession
I never pretended to be a professional scout, jackass, but I guess keep hating since you don't seem to have anything better to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post

No one is confusing Grigson with Ballard, I was pointing out that Grigson ran draft rooms and his scouting knowledge is clearly, shall we say, limited.

Maybe Kiper hated the rest of their draft that year? I don't really know or care why he gave a draft grade, those are pretty meaningless in my opinion anyway.

All I said was Dilfer would've been a better draft pick than Alberts. Kiper was right about that. He was a league average starting QB (those aren't very good) for about 10 years, which is way more value than a bust LB that flamed out in 3 years.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:47 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:

No one is confusing Grigson with Ballard, I was pointing out that Grigson ran draft rooms and his scouting knowledge is clearly, shall we say, limited.

Maybe Kiper hated the rest of their draft that year? I don't really know or care why he gave a draft grade, those are pretty meaningless in my opinion anyway.

All I said was Dilfer would've been a better draft pick than Alberts. Kiper was right about that. He was a league average starting QB (those aren't very good) for about 10 years, which is way more value than a bust LB that flamed out in 3 years.
LOL, you are giving Griggs way too much credit for saying his knowledge was limited. Hell, that orangatan would do a better job.

Draft grades are meaningless, but that is what those draft guru's do.

On a side note, think about this, if the Colts would have drafted Dilfer and he made the Colts an average team, we wouldn't have been able to draft Peyton fucking Manning. Dilfer was taken in 1994. Things actually worked out better for us not taking Dilfer. But to your point, yes Dilfer would have definitely been the better pick at the time. I thank God Tobin didn't take him.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:28 AM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I doubt he would do that. There is always a demand for LTs. He will want to go into next offseason a FA. Fisher was tied for 16th best OT in the league last year. That is similar to what Castonzo was before Nelson. I expect that to rise some with Nelson next to him. Maybe say 12th. That’s serviceable with this line.
i disagree that castonzo was 16th before nelson. he was always underappreciated by some of you
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-14-2021)
Old 05-14-2021, 08:33 AM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Our dline is fixed? That was fast.

If Ballard stayed true to his draft board then he would have known a month ago he wasn’t going to take a tackle that would compete for the starting position. Therefore he could have had his choice at the beginning of free agency. Assuming he wasn’t going to sign Trent Williams, all other options would have been cheaper per year than Fisher and they would be healthy at the beginning of the year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/left-tackle/

What I bet really happened, Ballard wanted to see how the draft panned out. All the tackles went between our first and second round. We are then forced to go to free agency. We overspend a little for a partial season from an injured player. I suspect Fisher was the cheaper option between he and Leno. But when completely healthy I think Fisher is slightly the better player.

Signing a LT was never going to threaten the upcoming contracts, we will have 100 million again next year.

And please find me the Colt fans who want him to overspend in free agency, I’ll wait.
Well put. Glad LT was addressed and if Fisher comes back healthy he obviously answers the bell. Seems like he gave us a part year discount as well.

Of course if he's unable to come back at high level then we're SOL, and if we don't re-sign him then we're back to the same problem again next offseason.