ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-13-2023, 09:47 AM

Default Some weeks are like this.

I don’t know what it is. Maybe, some weeks, the moon is in the seventh house or Jupiter aligns with Mars; perhaps, from time to time, the football gods just enjoy a good laugh. But, for whatever reason, you wake up on Monday morning, look at scores for Sunday, and scratch your head.

You can’t quite figure out how the Patriots beat Pittsburgh or explain the Bears coming out on top of the Lions. You look at the box score, see that the Jets won against Houston and ask how, in the name of sweet Jehosophat, did they put up a 30 spot?

I mean, you can see the Bills beating KC, but a WR lining up offside???? WTF!!!

And, by the time you notice that Tennessee beat Miami, you’ve almost come to believe that the spirit of Rod Serling is sitting across the table from you and that, somewhere between the bed and your first cup of coffee, you’ve slipped into the Twilight Zone.

The Giants win, even at home, convinces you.

By the time you see that Cincinnati beat the Colts, you’re on the phone with a travel agent, hoping that a last minute trip to Miami will help you avoid running into your bookie and his sidekick Ice Pick Willie.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (12-13-2023), Pez (12-13-2023), Puck (12-13-2023), Racehorse (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 10:47 AM

As far as the Colts game, CIN just wanted it more. Their guys made plays and ours did not.

If we discount the pick-6, we just got throughly outplayed or we were the victim of some questional ref calls. It was just not our game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-13-2023), Racehorse (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 11:13 AM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Probably our second worst refereed game, but that's probably not worth 20 points. Of course that's not to downplay the officiating, it was pretty fucking bad. But we just had everything going wrong...

OL had maybe their worst game. Kicker had his worst game. Running into our own punt returner to fumble. Baker was made a fool a few times (again). We missed our four starters, most of all being EJ Speed. Legit penalties on top of the bullshit ones. Etc.

That last gasp drive early in the 4th with the phantom Nelson hold just epitomized the whole day. They march down the field, best they've looked all day, and score a TD... Oh, wait... No, we actually threw an INT way the fuck back at the 31.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-13-2023), Ironshaft (12-14-2023), Racehorse (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 11:37 AM

I know folks have feelings about the refs and I saw that in the gameday thread but I hardly walked away after that thinking about them.

I was impressed with the Bengals team more than anything. They played hard, disciplined, good football. They were not particularly shitty or chatty either, they just lined up and pushed Indy's shit in.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-13-2023), Ironshaft (12-14-2023), Pez (12-13-2023), Racehorse (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 11:50 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,662 Times in 961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Probably our second worst refereed game, but that's probably not worth 20 points.
Let's see:

Bengals first TD, Illegal block in the back no call on a 50+ yard TD play, worth 7 points favoring CIN.
Leverage call, worth 4 points favoring CIN.
Phantom hold on Nelson, worth 7 points favoring CIN.
Fair catch interference no call, worth 3 points favoring CIN.

21 points of referee calls in favor of the Bengals, plus the final drive, Sam Ehlinger came in and the Colts didn't really try to move the ball.
Old 12-13-2023, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Let's see:

Bengals first TD, Illegal block in the back no call on a 50+ yard TD play, worth 7 points favoring CIN.

21 points of referee calls in favor of the Bengals, plus the final drive, Sam Ehlinger came in and the Colts didn't really try to move the ball.
Toss in 4 more points for easy missed kicks by Gay and another 3 the Bengals scored at the end of the game after the Colts turned it over on downs.

The Colts didn’t outplay them, but it should have been a lot closer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 12:22 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
I know folks have feelings about the refs and I saw that in the gameday thread but I hardly walked away after that thinking about them.

I was impressed with the Bengals team more than anything. They played hard, disciplined, good football. They were not particularly shitty or chatty either, they just lined up and pushed Indy's shit in.
That’s how I saw it. Not many teams will beat the Bengals if they play like they did Sunday.

That is a team with a LOT of talent.

The refs were bad but the colts were losing that game either way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 12:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,662 Times in 961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
Toss in 4 more points for easy missed kicks by Gay and another 3 the Bengals scored at the end of the game after the Colts turned it over on downs.

The Colts didn’t outplay them, but it should have been a lot closer.
I feel like if it was 14-3 Colts at the half, and 21-17 Colts after the long should've been TD drive (maybe less points for the Bengals because they don'thave the confidence of the 2 early TD drives in their favor at that point), the Colts would've had a much better chance of winning the game. Those are the types of games the Colts won on their 4 game win streak.
Old 12-13-2023, 12:33 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Let's see:

I thought the leverage call was legit. The phantom hold that erased a TD was utterly ridiculous.

I agree 100% that the refs seem to suck more this year than in years previous, but this wasn't like the Browns game where they stole it from us on a single play.

We had a lot of opportunities to stop them from scoring 31.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post

I agree with this too, I watched the entire Cincinnati vs Jacksonville game last week and thought we were going to be in trouble with the Bengals. They are a good football team.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."