ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-19-2018, 01:10 PM

Thanked 4,294 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I believe in Reich wholeheartedly, which is really all that matters. I already believed in Luck.

Honestly, I don't believe in the defense. I believe in the OL, but if Kelly is out, I think that's very much up in the air again.

I'm buying this team beating MIA (although I think MIA is better than most here realize), but it's just HOU's year with the division as they survive every game by the skin of their teeth, it seems, and I think the wildcard race could well come down to @TEN in Week 17.
We can survive losing Kelly. It won’t be ideal but I think that we can manage that loss decently
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 01:14 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Great all around dominating game!

Nice seeing TY go off. Loved reichs play calling, so glad we ended up with him! Nice seeing pressure from the defense
Kelly is concerning.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:47 PM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
So how many of you Freaks are starting to believe? I'm beginning to have hope that this team may be good. Good enough to do damage if they make the playoffs. I'm getting emotionally invested in winning, just not seeing progress. Am I premature? Probably but I'm beginning to think that this team can beat anyone. The offensive line play yesterday was beyond incredible. It was as good a pass protection game as I have ever seen in over 40 years of watching football. I'm enjoying this year in ways I didn't think possible a month ago. It has been worth holding on thru all the shit we have gone thru the past years just to really get to enjoy the turn around beginning to happen. Happy Monday Freaks!!!
I don't think we can compete against KC, LAR and NO this year. Those teams are just complete, well-rounded and good. Very few areas of weakness.

However, against everyone else? I will take our chances with how we have played in the past 4 weeks. We will not win them all but we can compete with anyone else.

Fun watching the Colts again; yesterday's game was the most enjoyment that I have gotten from the Colts in years.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
nate505 (11-19-2018), Oldcolt (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 01:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Agreed. I'm not sold on the defense. They are so young that even if we had the players (I don't think we are there yet) it takes time to be consistent. I am sold on the offense however. We definitely could use improvements at WR and maybe running back (although I think you can live with these guys. They block and that is huge. Thank you Rathman) but with this line and Luck we can score on anyone.
I would ask yourself, do you think we can beat the Saints, the Chiefs, or the pats finally. I think being healthy, the oline playing well, and a clean Andrew Luck gives us a chance in any game. But I still don’t think we are there yet. We are a dangerous team that is peaking, but I don’t see us as a SB team. Our secondary is not that good, our interior dline play is spotty. We need a second WR to compliment TY. I wouldn’t mind a more dangerous RB either, but committee is getting it done, and may be even better with another off season.

The arrow is pointing up, Not sure if we are there yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 01:58 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

We have a puncher's chance in just about any game, but I'd stack up the AFC like this:

Tier 1: KC

Tier 2: PIT, NE, LAC

Tier 3: HOU, IND

Tier 4: BAL, TEN

Tier 5: CIN, CLE, DEN

Tier 6: OAK, JAX
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (11-19-2018), Racehorse (11-19-2018), VeveJones007 (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
We can survive losing Kelly. It won’t be ideal but I think that we can manage that loss decently
Granted I didn’t watch Boehm that closely once he came in against a demoralized Titans team, but I wonder if they’d go with Haeg at Center with a full week to prepare.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:36 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I agree with all of you with the caveat that we might be better than any of us think. Right now I agree with Sherck that we are not in the league of KC, NO or LAC but lets see where we are at in 6 weeks.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:39 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I don't think we can compete against KC, LAR and NO this year. Those teams are just complete, well-rounded and good. Very few areas of weakness.

Walk Worthy,
KC has a horrible defense.
Rams have a mid-to-lower tier defense.

Those two have plenty of weaknesses.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:00 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
We have a puncher's chance in just about any game, but I'd stack up the AFC like this:

Tier 1: KC

Tier 2: PIT, NE, LAC

Tier 3: HOU, IND

Tier 4: BAL, TEN

Tier 5: CIN, CLE, DEN

Tier 6: OAK, JAX
If the lines dominate like they did yesterday, this team can beat anybody.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 03:34 PM

@ProFootballDoc
Went back and looked at #RyanKelly @Colts injury but there was no replay and the TV only showed a big pile on the #MarlonMack run. Could not see the injury but typically risk for high ankle or MCL from being rolled up on but there was no view.