ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-20-2018, 10:58 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts
Default Race for the Wildcard

AFC East Leader = NE (7-3)
AFC North Leader = PIT (7-2-1)
AFC West Leader = KC (9-2)
AFC South Leader = HOU (7-3)

Non-Leader Teams:
LAC (7-3)
IND (5-5)
TEN (5-5)
BAL (5-5)
CIN (5-5)
MIA (5-5)
DEN (4-6)
CLE (3-6-1)
BUF (3-7)
NYJ (3-7)
JAX (3-7)
OAK (2-8)

The Chargers obviously have a 2 game lead for the 5th seed #1 Wild Card position currently. While they could catch KC for the AFC West title theoretically, I find it hard to believe that either team would lose enough games to be knocked out of the playoffs altogether. Someone from the AFC West is getting one of the Wildcard slots.

After that with 5 teams tied at 5-5, it is anyone’s guess as to who will security the 6th seed #2 Wild Card slot. We can help knock MIA out of the running this week and get ahead of them but then will just have to take care of business in order to gain it (or the AFC South crown if we beat HOU and they stumble at least one or two more times in the home stretch).

Colts remaining schedule:
vs MIA (5-5)
@ JAX (3-7)
@ HOU (7-3)
vs DAL (5-5)
vs NYG (3-7)
@ TEN (5-5)

While Houston and Dallas represent the quality of our remaining schedule, none of those games are unwinnable if the Colts play near how they played against TEN this past Sunday. I am not saying we will run the table but we should enter all those games confident that we can hang with these guys.

If……should……could have……would have…..

PHI 20, IND 16
HOU 37, IND 34

Those two games. A couple of plays different and we are sitting at 7-3 and Houston is sitting at 6-4 fighting for a #2 AFC seed.

I know we started 1 – 5 Colts Freaks, but the future looks pretty bright right now.

Walk Worthy,

Last edited by sherck; 11-20-2018 at 11:00 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Pez (11-20-2018), Racehorse (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 11:00 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Sherck, if you’re playing coulda woulda shoulda, subtract either HOU or PHI. Colts picked up one of those close games against Jacksonville.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
sherck (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Sherck, if you’re playing coulda woulda shoulda, subtract either HOU or PHI. Colts picked up one of those close games against Jacksonville.
True enough.

But, I am an optimist! Rain never falls on my parade!

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Pez (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 11:31 AM

1995 was one of my favorite years of watching the Colts. After week 11, the Colts were 5 and 5. We all know what happened that year

Can they do it again?

You bet your sweet ass they can.
1965southpaw (11-20-2018), coryjeb (11-21-2018), Racehorse (11-21-2018), sherck (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 11:48 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
1995 was one of my favorite years of watching the Colts. After week 11, the Colts were 5 and 5. We all know what happened that year

Can they do it again?

You bet your sweet ass they can.
I loved that year for a lot of reasons. It was really the first colts playoff run in Indianapolis, and the drama from Harbaugh winning against the Chargers & Chiefs, then missing the super bowl by the breadth of a hair. It really cemented the Colts as Indy's team.

Here's a vintage Lamey call of the last two plays of that game:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...iott-missed-FG

5 weeks ago the colts were 1-5 with a defense that looked like crap.

If I would have said then that we were going to win our next two division games, give up no sacks and win 4 straight to get back to .500 and get in the playoff hunt you guys would have said it was a ridiculous homer longshot.

About as much chance as we have to win out. I agree that Houston is definitely the quality of our remaining games, but if we cant beat Houston, what is the point of playoffs anyway.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 11-20-2018, 12:01 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
AFC East Leader = NE (7-3)

If……should……could have……would have…..

PHI 20, IND 16
HOU 37, IND 34

Walk Worthy,
Philly failed on a 4th down conversion that got called back for holding on the DL. The game would have been over as it was 13-10 colts with 5-6 mins left.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 11-20-2018, 12:01 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

vs MIA (5-5)

This should be an easy home win. Miami isn't very good. It's either Brock Lobster or Tannehill in his first game back from injury. I'm not worried. If we can't win that one easily we don't belong in the playoffs.

@ JAX (3-7)

I could see us dropping this game. Toss-up IMO. They will want revenge, they will want to screw up our playoff run. Will we let them?

@ HOU (7-3)

Biggest game left on the calendar. Toss-up.

vs DAL (5-5)

I think it's a win because I don't believe in their QB.

vs NYG (3-7)

If we don't win this, again, we don't belong in the playoffs. Not as easy a win as this looked 2 weeks ago.

@ TEN (5-5)

Could be a win and you're in scenario.

Few gimmes, all important games.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (11-20-2018), njcoltfan (11-21-2018), sherck (11-20-2018), VeveJones007 (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
vs MIA (5-5)

This should be an easy home win. Miami isn't very good. It's either Brock Lobster or Tannehill in his first game back from injury. I'm not worried. If we can't win that one easily we don't belong in the playoffs.

Lol.....Brock Lobster. . Don't forget we let him shine like a Brock-star when he was with the Texicans. I will never forgive Chuckles for that bit of incompetence.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (11-21-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 01:00 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
vs MIA (5-5)

@ JAX (3-7)

I could see us dropping this game. Toss-up IMO. They will want revenge, they will want to screw up our playoff run. Will we let them?

@ HOU (7-3)

Biggest game left on the calendar. Toss-up.

vs DAL (5-5)

I think it's a win because I don't believe in their QB.

vs NYG (3-7)

If we don't win this, again, we don't belong in the playoffs. Not as easy a win as this looked 2 weeks ago.

@ TEN (5-5)

Could be a win and you're in scenario.

I'm right there with you on Miami and Jacksonville. I think the lines can dominate the LOS against Miami, but Jacksonville gives me pause. It was a close game two weeks ago and now the Colts are on the road and Jacksonville has had a chance to adjust its gameplan after the first meeting.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I'm right there with you on Miami and Jacksonville. I think the lines can dominate the LOS against Miami, but Jacksonville gives me pause. It was a close game two weeks ago and now the Colts are on the road and Jacksonville has had a chance to adjust its gameplan after the first meeting.
However, the Colts have also learned not to let their foot off the gas in the 2nd half (which they showed against TEN) and will be significantly more prepared to play 60 minutes instead of just 30 minutes.

Division game are always rough games but this team is playing better than JAX is now. I think we go put them away when we play there.

Walk Worthy,