ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2017, 07:17 PM

Thanked 4,376 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Doesn't this team lead the league in 3 and outs? Has some of that been playcalling? Definitely, there have been some far too predictable series from this team in the second half of games. However, a lot of it has been execution of the players. Key drops on crucial third down plays. Inability to open running lanes. Overthrows. Inability to execute the counters clearly called. That last one was a huge factor in last night's game. The playcall mix was appropriate in the second half, and the play designs were clearly blitz beaters, things like screens, short passes to the flat and over the middle, checkdowns built into nearly every play. Brissett just struggled to execute all of it in the second half. That's been a theme for him as well, and as offense dependent as this team appears to be, it's little surprise that when he performs well, the team performs well, and when he performs poorly, so does the team. Not all of it is on Brissett, but if you want to know why the halftime leads turn into losses, look to the performance of the offense, and if the coaching staff is making the right calls to counter the opponent's strategy, you can't exactly blame them for the players' inability to execute it.
1. What percentage of first down plays are run plays? It is so obvious that the defenses do not even try to stop the pass, because we are not passing on first down.

2. Mack is the most dynamic RB that we have, but he was almost always put in motion in the second half and the play was designed elsewhere. That is moronic playcalling.

3. Aiken gets tons of looks most games. Yesterday, it was Doyle. TY was not targeted but once. Is that not playcalling?

4. Doyle was not getting it done, but plays were called for him. Maybe RB screens would work instead, but we don't call those plays.

5. Defensively, we do not call for pressure on a gimpy QB. Even our pass rush should have been able, but no plays called to do so.

6. I am sure there are more, but I know it will fall of deaf ears.
Spike (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
1. What percentage of first down plays are run plays? It is so obvious that the defenses do not even try to stop the pass, because we are not passing on first down.

2. Mack is the most dynamic RB that we have, but he was almost always put in motion in the second half and the play was designed elsewhere. That is moronic playcalling.

3. Aiken gets tons of looks most games. Yesterday, it was Doyle. TY was not targeted but once. Is that not playcalling?

4. Doyle was not getting it done, but plays were called for him. Maybe RB screens would work instead, but we don't call those plays.

5. Defensively, we do not call for pressure on a gimpy QB. Even our pass rush should have been able, but no plays called to do so.

Mentioned before, why was Quincy Wilson not out there last night? Would have been a much better replacement once Melvin went down.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:49 PM

Thanked 2,239 Times in 1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drspaceman View Post
mentioned before, why was quincy wilson not out there last night? Would have been a much better replacement once melvin went down.
p-a-g-a-n-o!
Old 10-17-2017, 11:12 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,614 Times in 939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post

1) In the second half last night, 33%, which illustrates my point that the playcalling in the second half wasn't the problem.

2) If you're planning on using Mack in the passing game anyway, motioning him gives Brissett a better idea of if he's facing man or zone coverage, which should help him to make the appropriate read.

3) Not necessarily, that could be any number of things. Could be the Titans bracketed Hilton all game and challenged Brissett to make tougher throws to worse players. Could be Brissett not making the right reads.

4) You mean like the screens to Mack that Brissett overthrew?

5) They called several blitzes, they were ineffective because the Colts ILBs suck and the Titans OL doesn't.

6) Please continue.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:13 PM

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Doesn't this team lead the league in 3 and outs? Has some of that been playcalling? Definitely, there have been some far too predictable series from this team in the second half of games. However, a lot of it has been execution of the players. Key drops on crucial third down plays. Inability to open running lanes. Overthrows. Inability to execute the counters clearly called. That last one was a huge factor in last night's game. The playcall mix was appropriate in the second half, and the play designs were clearly blitz beaters, things like screens, short passes to the flat and over the middle, checkdowns built into nearly every play. Brissett just struggled to execute all of it in the second half. That's been a theme for him as well, and as offense dependent as this team appears to be, it's little surprise that when he performs well, the team performs well, and when he performs poorly, so does the team. Not all of it is on Brissett, but if you want to know why the halftime leads turn into losses, look to the performance of the offense, and if the coaching staff is making the right calls to counter the opponent's strategy, you can't exactly blame them for the players' inability to execute it.
I don't recall see a single bubble screen or slant all night. Those in my mind are blitz beaters.

In fact, you could probably count on one hand how often you've seen those concepts called all season.

Let's just fukn face it, running the schemes from THE U of the late 90's ain't getting it done.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:15 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Mentioned before, why was Quincy Wilson not out there last night? Would have been a much better replacement once Melvin went down.
If Quincy Wilson had played last night and gotten burned in coverage several times, who would you have blamed for that?
Old 10-17-2017, 11:20 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I don't recall see a single bubble screen or slant all night. Those in my mind are blitz beaters.

In fact, you could probably count on one hand how often you've seen those concepts called all season.

Let's just fukn face it, running the schemes from THE U of the late 90's ain't getting it done.
You didn't see the bubble screens because they were overthrown.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:59 AM

Thanked 4,376 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
You didn't see the bubble screens because they were overthrown.
The players are the only problem you see? There is none so blind as the one who refuses to see.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:26 AM

Default Doyle Issue

Do you think Doyle's catch issues could be linked to his prior concussion issues? Just sayin!
Old 10-18-2017, 08:33 AM

Just another 4th quarter meltdown. Well at least we'll be number 1 in something!