ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-12-2023, 02:48 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts
Default Quick Thoughts - Week 10

-Fuck the Patriots.

-Fuck overseas, morning games.

-Fuck Rich Eisen, you coastal/northeastern-biased cuntface. You had a former Patriot in the booth with you who was less transparent.

-Fuck the NFL and their public-relations induced unnecessary roughness penalties. They're stupid, make the game worse, and I'm convinced they're like this so the NFL has a data point to reference in future litigation ("We tried").

-I like Minshew more than I expected I would before the season... but he's very frustrating to watch due to his physical limitations. At least he's our backup QB and not our 1st-round pick like Mac Jones.

-I'm interested in rewatching both lines. Felt like the OL was dealing with a sellout run defense... and the DL had some crazy pressure, but we also gave up 167 rush yards and 34:25 in TOP.

-Also interested to see what the issue with the overall run-D was. Watching live felt like the fits were there for the most part, but then the dude would pop out of the pile and gain 8-10yds.

-The most interesting part of the whole game for me was the 4th quarter switch to putting Minshew under center. We haven't done that all years (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). By then, it was too late to establish much of anything, but I do think Steichen needs more of that with Minshew in...

These read-option schemes aren't helpful if the defense NEVER has to worry about the QB running. So if Minshew is never going to keep it... maybe a more traditional, under center, play-action scheme can suit him better.

I had wondered if it was too big a shift because Steichen always runs shotgun/pistol RO and RPO... and clearly that's what AR was drafted to run. But maybe it's necessary with Minshew for the rest of the season. Very interested to see the plan, especially with the bye week coming.

What else?

Last edited by ChaosTheory; 11-12-2023 at 02:50 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
apballin (11-12-2023), Dewey 5 (11-12-2023), Ironshaft (11-12-2023), nate505 (11-12-2023), omahacolt (11-12-2023), Spike (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 03:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Not maintaining gap integrity on runs. Grover is very good at that. Our guys were jumping too far or trying to go around the block instead of going through the block. He’s really the only 1tech we have in the roster.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (11-13-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 03:03 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Finally got to see this game. Fuck the NFL for scheduling these things at 7:30 in the morning here.

Pretty intense game. I have no clue if the Pats coverage was that amazing or if Minschew was just that indecisive. On the other hand, it was thrilling to see the Colts put a lot of pressure on a QB for a change.

Random, or not so random note I guess, Buckner might be one of the best Colt defensive players I've ever seen who probably won't get the credit for how great he is due to playing on mediocre teams. The way the Colts were getting gashed when he was out was one of the most painfully obvious things ever. Mediocre teams or not, dude better get his name in the Ring of Fame when he retires.
apballin (11-12-2023), ChaosTheory (11-13-2023), Racehorse (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 03:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
Finally got to see this game. Fuck the NFL for scheduling these things at 7:30 in the morning here.

Pretty intense game. I have no clue if the Pats coverage was that amazing or if Minschew was just that indecisive. On the other hand, it was thrilling to see the Colts put a lot of pressure on a QB for a change.

Random, or not so random note I guess, Buckner might be one of the best Colt defensive players I've ever seen who probably won't get the credit for how great he is due to playing on mediocre teams. The way the Colts were getting gashed when he was out was one of the most painfully obvious things ever. Mediocre teams or not, dude better get his name in the Ring of Fame when he retires.
It’s Minshew.

https://x.com/joelaerickson/status/1...L8ardaxv32vrGQ
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
nate505 (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 03:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
-Fuck the Patriots.

-Fuck overseas, morning games.

-Fuck Rich Eisen, you coastal/northeastern-biased cuntface. You had a former Patriot in the booth with you who was less transparent.

-Fuck the NFL and their public-relations induced unnecessary roughness penalties. They're stupid, make the game worse, and I'm convinced they're like this so the NFL has a data point to reference in future litigation ("We tried").

-I like Minshew more than I expected I would before the season... but he's very frustrating to watch due to his physical limitations. At least he's our backup QB and not our 1st-round pick like Mac Jones.

-I'm interested in rewatching both lines. Felt like the OL was dealing with a sellout run defense... and the DL had some crazy pressure, but we also gave up 167 rush yards and 34:25 in TOP.

-Also interested to see what the issue with the overall run-D was. Watching live felt like the fits were there for the most part, but then the dude would pop out of the pile and gain 8-10yds.

-The most interesting part of the whole game for me was the 4th quarter switch to putting Minshew under center. We haven't done that all years (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). By then, it was too late to establish much of anything, but I do think Steichen needs more of that with Minshew in...

These read-option schemes aren't helpful if the defense NEVER has to worry about the QB running. So if Minshew is never going to keep it... maybe a more traditional, under center, play-action scheme can suit him better.

I had wondered if it was too big a shift because Steichen always runs shotgun/pistol RO and RPO... and clearly that's what AR was drafted to run. But maybe it's necessary with Minshew for the rest of the season. Very interested to see the plan, especially with the bye week coming.

What else?
Rich Eisen is a punk ass. Couldn't stand listening to his sorry ass biased bullshit.

We need Grover back in a bad way. run defense is lost without him.

Minshew is too slow processing information and gets way too damn many passes batted down. But he will make some passes when needed unlike that putz Mac Jones. Gotta cut Minshew some slack though, he is a backup for a reason.

Gotta get JT out in space more, after that first drive, up the middle runs were going nowhere.

Overall, happy with the win, but that was a brutal game to watch and listen to.
apballin (11-12-2023), ChaosTheory (11-13-2023), Dewey 5 (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 03:40 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Steichen doesn't get out coached. His team doesn't give in. It is a nice change.

This will be a different, and much better, team with AR out there.

Pittman made some nice contested catches, as did Pierce at least one time.

Want JT more involved in pass game, he did make a couple of nice blocks in protection however.

Moss sure isn't getting much love

I know its only Jones but our defensive backfield is way way better than I would have given credit for at the beginning of the year had I known how many injuries we would have. I'm pretty amazed.

Like others have said we miss our juicer big time. Stewart needs to learn how to not get caught like the rest of the NFL does.

Winning is always better

Fuck Eisen

Last edited by Oldcolt; 11-12-2023 at 03:41 PM. Reason: forgot to say fuck eisen
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (11-13-2023), Dewey 5 (11-12-2023), Racehorse (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 04:21 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Minshew is beyond frustrating to watch. He’s just too limited to ever push the ball downfield and he’s maddeningly inconsistent on some of the short stuff.

He makes at least one throw every game where I’m like what the hell was that?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (11-13-2023), Racehorse (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 06:23 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Hats off to the defense for winning another game… that’s 2 in a row they saved the day

Frustrating to see this run game struggle I thought JT was improving and Smith being back I was expecting big things from the run game today

Hate seeing Kelly go down with another concussion

Hate seeing Minshew panic after first read isn’t there

Game ball to Dayo and Downs

Ugly win but I’ll take it
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (11-13-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 07:58 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Shaq Leonard needs to gtfo. The field.
Old 11-12-2023, 08:13 PM

If the refs didn't screw us vs Clev, we'd be the #6 seed right now.

While I know this team is going nowhere, it would make the season more interesting with just a little hope of a playoff game- even without AR.

Rest of the schedule is soft but the offensive needs to figure out some things cause it's hard to watch.
The Following User Says Thank You to DragonTails For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-12-2023)