ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-22-2021, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Rivers was a stupid mistake, we should have started Eason and should start Eason in 2021.

Instead of knowing what we have at QB in Eason, we have another first round playoff loss and no clue what to do at QB.
And just when I thought that I couldn’t read anything stupider than I previously had in this thread.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:33 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Ya know we were 1 decision/break short of beating the Bills. If you think Brissett was better last year than Rivers this year, well there is nothing I can say, I am left speechless.
Yes, sure,, Buffalo was a great game..

We lost to every afc playoff team we faced. Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Tennessee (once), Baltimore all in the regular season, then Buffalo in the playoffs. Im pretty sure we would have lost to the chiefs. We also lost to the jags. If we are talking about close games, we nearly lost to houston, twice.

I'm not saying rivers is better than brissett, or that Eason is our qb answer. I'm saying we traded a year of our qb development (whoever that may have been) for our Philip rivers shot at the superbowl.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 01-22-2021, 07:11 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Yes, sure,, Buffalo was a great game..

We lost to every afc playoff team we faced. Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Tennessee (once), Baltimore all in the regular season, then Buffalo in the playoffs. Im pretty sure we would have lost to the chiefs. We also lost to the jags. If we are talking about close games, we nearly lost to houston, twice.

I'm not saying rivers is better than brissett, or that Eason is our qb answer. I'm saying we traded a year of our qb development (whoever that may have been) for our Philip rivers shot at the superbowl.

They beat GB and would've beat TEN both games if Buckner wasn't on the COVID list for the second game. Games against playoff teams are hard, so are games against franchise QBs. For the latter portion, ask any AFC South rival about the last 20 years prior to 2019. It was much more enjoyable to watch an 11-5 team that had a puncher's chance in the playoffs than it would've been to watch a 5-11 team where all the talent on this roster went to waste.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-22-2021), Pez (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 08:57 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

I'm just wondering if maybe Eason is closer than we know, and we're just getting a lot of coach-speak because they want him to keep working hard.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 10:39 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I'm just wondering if maybe Eason is closer than we know, and we're just getting a lot of coach-speak because they want him to keep working hard.
We will see if they start him. They say nice things, but their actions show their real intentions.

There is a contingent of Colt fans on twitter that want to start Brisset again. I can't understand why. Brisset was so good they brought in Rivers.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:05 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:

Playing in games does not always equate to development. Game situation, if he was not near ready, could have harmed his development.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:06 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
We will see if they start him. They say nice things, but their actions show their real intentions.

There is a contingent of Colt fans on twitter that want to start Brisset again. I can't understand why. Brisset was so good they brought in Rivers.
Agree with both points here, especially the first. Ballard said he wants to build talent through the draft so we have long term solutions. But then he signs rivers.

We know brissett is not the answer, we know rivers is not the answer. If Ballard hadn't deviated from his stated intentions, we would know if Eason was or wasn't the answer. We would likely also have the same number of playoff wins.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 01-22-2021, 11:10 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Playing in games does not always equate to development. Game situation, if he was not near ready, could have harmed his development.
I understand that could have harmed his development. But how does that make a case for getting Rivers? We could "protect Eason's development" by putting brissett in front of him.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:00 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
I understand that could have harmed his development. But how does that make a case for getting Rivers? We could "protect Eason's development" by putting brissett in front of him.

Because they already tried the brissett experiment. Rivers was a good and convenient option. Knew the system and plenty of experience which were important given the lack of preseason. They knew it was a short term solution, only tied to one year, possibly stretch to second year, no real impact to our cap. That would give eason 1-2 years to learn which he could probably do better under a QB like rivers than brissett. Low risk with potential for a higher reward than brissett could have provided. Seems like a well thought out decision to me.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:48 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:

Rivers was a stupid mistake ..... we should have started Eason, and should start Eason in 2021.

Instead of knowing what we have at QB in Eason, we have another 1st-round playoff loss and no clue what to do at QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discflinger View Post

And just when I thought that I couldn’t read anything stupider than I previously had in this thread.

o

Pez is an otherwise solid poster.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 01-22-2021 at 02:54 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Pez (01-22-2021), Racehorse (01-22-2021)