ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-21-2021, 10:14 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
What new OC? Tom Moore was Manning's OC from 98 thru 2010. Also I don't recall Dom Rhodes taking a lot of negative yards in 2001.
Yeah, my dates are off
Old 06-22-2021, 12:54 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I wouldn’t give up a 1st for Stafford and ofcourse the Texans are not trading Watson to us so the only options were Wentz, Darnold, Eason or a rookie let’s be realistic.

Once again you totally disregard the number of times he was sacked and what good protection can do for a QB I don’t believe his issues are as deep rooted as you believe. It’s pretty simple really but two things are clear, dudes still has a cannon and can still run so there’s is 2 options we didn’t have last year already
We are about to give a first up for Wentz and Stafford has been better in just about every area. Wentz is younger, that’s about it. Unlike Wentz, a lot of teams actually wanted Stafford. I bet if you ask any objective fan who the better QB is, it would be Stafford. Who knows what the Texans will end up doing, it’s still going, that organization is a dumpster fire.

The reality is there were a ton of QBs available last year and this year. We chose the one our head coach had a previous relationship with. We also chose him probably because he came cheaper than some of the other guys like Stafford. Because he sucked balls last year, big fucking hairy balls where reporters use the term historically bad to describe his season.

I did admit having a better line will help. But it won’t fix his mechanics, or his bad decision making. Also you do know he isn’t that accurate of a QB. I don’t know what to tell you, he admitted himself there were issues like confidence and mechanics. You just can’t seem to admit there are issues besides having a bad team around him. Guess we will have to sit back and watch the MVP race unfold then.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:46 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Question for you Chromburn. I get that you have focused on Wentz's negatives, and he has them. I feel he is the best we could have done, and has a ton of positives to work with. Do you feel we should have gone a different direction? I so who?
Old 06-22-2021, 01:47 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
We are about to give a first up for Wentz and Stafford has been better in just about every area. Wentz is younger, that’s about it. Unlike Wentz, a lot of teams actually wanted Stafford. I bet if you ask any objective fan who the better QB is, it would be Stafford. Who knows what the Texans will end up doing, it’s still going, that organization is a dumpster fire.

The reality is there were a ton of QBs available last year and this year. We chose the one our head coach had a previous relationship with. We also chose him probably because he came cheaper than some of the other guys like Stafford. Because he sucked balls last year, big fucking hairy balls where reporters use the term historically bad to describe his season.

I did admit having a better line will help. But it won’t fix his mechanics, or his bad decision making. Also you do know he isn’t that accurate of a QB. I don’t know what to tell you, he admitted himself there were issues like confidence and mechanics. You just can’t seem to admit there are issues besides having a bad team around him. Guess we will have to sit back and watch the MVP race unfold then.
So you admit a better line will help, great because that’s what I’ve been saying all along. Solid line play will give a QB all the confidence in the world while shitty line play leads to * bad decision making * he didn’t forget how to play qb his fucking hands were tied. When Rivers had protection he played like Manning when Costanzo was out he looked like Painter it’s really that simple
Old 06-22-2021, 02:52 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Question for you Chromburn. I get that you have focused on Wentz's negatives, and he has them. I feel he is the best we could have done, and has a ton of positives to work with. Do you feel we should have gone a different direction? I so who?
I don’t see it that way. I think everyone is focused only on the positives and refuse to acknowledge that there is any risk tied to Wentz. Everyone was skeptical about Rivers when he came, so not sure why all of a sudden Wentz is the golden boy. I’m not saying he couldn’t turn out, he could. But to think his play was solely everyone else’s fault is simply wishful thinking.

Would I have done differently, maybe. I think Stafford is older but a better QB. That would have been a higher cost.

Darnold has potential and is the same age as some rookies, but bigger risk than Wentz.

Rodgers and Watson have yet to play out.

I read Mac Jones looks good in pats camp so far.

I understand why they went with Wentz, familiarity. We will see if it works. I personally would have gone after Stafford harder. Or try one of the rookies by trading up. If neither worked I would have then gone with Wentz. Last option I would have stuck with Eason and see where the Rodgers drama goes.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 06-22-2021 at 03:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (06-23-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 03:02 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
So you admit a better line will help, great because that’s what I’ve been saying all along. Solid line play will give a QB all the confidence in the world while shitty line play leads to * bad decision making * he didn’t forget how to play qb his fucking hands were tied. When Rivers had protection he played like Manning when Costanzo was out he looked like Painter it’s really that simple
I never denied it. Shitty line play isn’t the only thing that causes bad decision making though. Shitty line play doesn’t create bad mechanics by itself. When you have bad mechanics that is kinda forgetting how to play QB. And neither of those comparisons for Rivers is right.

What you fail to acknowledge is the fact the Eagles simplified the scheme for Wentz to counter the bad protection and he got worse. See that’s what we did when Castonzo was out and Rivers was able to do it. When the Eagles went to one step and zero step drops, Wentz’s accuracy went down. That’s a QB issue.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:37 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I never denied it. Shitty line play isn’t the only thing that causes bad decision making though. Shitty line play doesn’t create bad mechanics by itself. When you have bad mechanics that is kinda forgetting how to play QB. And neither of those comparisons for Rivers is right.

What you fail to acknowledge is the fact the Eagles simplified the scheme for Wentz to counter the bad protection and he got worse. See that’s what we did when Castonzo was out and Rivers was able to do it. When the Eagles went to one step and zero step drops, Wentz’s accuracy went down. That’s a QB issue.
I realize the dude had issues I’m not debating that I just believe the major reason was protection I mean they tried to help him with 1 step drops with WR that should’ve been on the practice squad. He was in a no win situation, all the pressure and all eyes on him with a depleted roster and 25 million dollar expectations. So again I’m not as concerned as you I’m excited the dude is coming out of a bad situation, he wasn’t hurt he told mcafee this is the freshest he’s felt in years. I’m excited
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (06-23-2021)