ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-27-2021, 12:08 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts
Default Ranking NFL owners

Just saw this shit ranking and wasn't going to post it. But I thought since it's a boring time for NFL football talk, this is a great subject for discussion.

This crazy MoFo has Irsay ranked number 13. Way too damn low. I would rank Jimmy Boy in the top 5.

Here's the rankings and how I feel about it.

12. Wolf- Vikings - Oh, hell no. This guy must be on crack.
11. Pegula Family- Bills- Bills are doing something right. Can't argue that they shouldn't be in the top ten.
10. Allen-Seahawks - I would rank Judy Allen below Irsay because if your franchise QB is bitching, well that's not a good sign.
9. York Family 49ers - Total BS. I have stated numerous time on this board that the 49ers are my second favorite team. The York family sucks. They shouldn't even be in the top 20.
8. Amy Adams - Titans - This is the one that really threw me. WTH have the Titans accomplished?
7. Gail Benson - Saints - I would probably rank her a little lower, but not enough to create a debate.
6. Green Bay owners- WTH? Yeah, Rodgers wants to leave this team because they have wasted his prime years. How the hell could they rank these idiots above Irsay? Once Rodgers leaves, GB is done.
5. Lurie - Eagles - I suppose he is a good owner, but so much BS going on with this organization that I cannot rank him ahead of Irsay.
4. Hunt - Chiefs - Top 5
3. Bischotti - Ravens - Top 5
2. Rooney Family - Steelers - I really hate the Steelers, but I have to be honest, they have great ownership. Top 5.
1. Kraft - Pats- This to me is total BS. Tom Brady is the sole reason these fuckers are even relevant. Add in the fact that this organization has cheated their way to relevance, and there is no way that Kraft is the #1 owner. He's a scumbag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWmrzLn71xc

Last edited by Spike; 05-27-2021 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-28-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Just saw this shit ranking and wasn't going to post it. But I thought since it's a boring time for NFL football talk, this is a great subject for discussion.

This crazy MoFo has Irsay ranked number 13. Way too damn low. I would rank Jimmy Boy in the top 5.

11. Pegula Family- Bills- Bills are doing something right. Can't argue that they shouldn't be in the top ten.
10. Allen-Seahawks - I would rank Judy Allen below Irsay because if your franchise QB is bitching, well that's not a good sign.
9. York Family 49ers - Total BS. I have stated numerous time on this board that the 49ers are my second favorite team. The York family sucks. They shouldn't even be in the top 20.
8. Amy Adams - Titans - This is the one that really threw me. WTH have the Titans accomplished?
7. Gail Benson - Saints - I would probably rank her a little lower, but not enough to create a debate.
6. Green Bay owners- WTH? Yeah, Rodgers wants to leave this team because they have wasted his prime years. How the hell could they rank these idiots above Irsay? Once Rodgers leaves, GB is done.
5. Lurie - Eagles - I suppose he is a good owner, but so much BS going on with this organization that I cannot rank him ahead of Irsay.
4. Hunt - Chiefs - Top 5
2. Rooney Family - Steelers - I really hate the Steelers, but I have to be honest, they have great ownership. Top 5.
1. Kraft - Pats- This to me is total BS. Tom Brady is the sole reason these fuckers are even relevant. Add in the fact that this organization has cheated their way to relevance, and there is no way that Kraft is the #1 owner. He's a scumbag.

I'd rank Irsay as No. 1.
Old 05-28-2021, 01:49 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,664 Times in 2,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post

4. Hunt - Chiefs - Top 5

What’s the criteria? Accomplishments? Viewed inside the org? Viewed outside the org?

I think Irsay’s dad was pretty generally despised by the old guard. And done of the sentiment still comes out. Just yesterday I heard them talk about it on nfl radio. But then he almost grudgingly admitted that Jim is a good owner.
Old 05-28-2021, 02:49 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

I think from outside the organization, irsay is seen as kind of a nut. Hippy music lover who happens to own a team. I am not sure most realize how he grew up inside the organization and has held positions from waterboy to gm to owner. Plus I think that drug bust really hurt is rep.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I think from outside the organization, irsay is seen as kind of a nut. Hippy music lover who happens to own a team. I am not sure most realize how he grew up inside the organization and has held positions from waterboy to gm to owner. Plus I think that drug bust really hurt is rep.
I'm assuming that the standard should be the overall impact of the owner on the success of the organization. With that yardstick, and whatever Irsay's personal demons and shortcomings might be (and if this was an issue, how could anyone ever consider Kraft no 1?), the guy plays the role of an owner very, very well.

He stays out of the way and doesn't pretend to be the GM, communicates well, connects with the fans, is generous, and is loyal to a fault. That last one could also be a seen as a shortcoming, but I really don't think so. While his loyalty might lead to a few Grigsons or Paganos sticking around a bit longer than they should, it also signals to others that they'll get more than a fair shake in Indy, and ultimately I think that pays off with better candidates and players in the long run. Look how many former Colts want to remain connected to the organization.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:54 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
But Kraft's soliciting charge doesn't hurt him? Nor the neverending scandals surrounding his organization?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
JAFF (05-30-2021), Luck4Reich (05-28-2021), Racehorse (05-28-2021), Spike (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 06:01 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
But Kraft's soliciting charge doesn't hurt him? Nor the neverending scandals surrounding his organization?
Damn Dam!!!! Your best dammed post ever!
Old 05-28-2021, 07:12 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

I agree and i dont know why. I just remember the media disparaging irsay after the arrest and that stigma sticking around. I have never understood why kraft seems so highly thought of, the winning i guess.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:20 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,664 Times in 2,049 Posts

Quote:
They also see him as a drug addict. With some questionable connections. At least the pat fans are always quick to point out whenever he comes up. Of course o don’t think you should throw stones if you live in a glass house.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:04 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
They also see him as a drug addict. With some questionable connections. At least the pat fans are always quick to point out whenever he comes up. Of course o don’t think you should throw stones if you live in a glass house.
Exactly, and most POS Pats fans live in glass houses and I would launch a boulder in every one of their direction!
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-29-2021)