ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-29-2021, 12:26 AM

Irsay’s bust was the best thing that ever happened to him. He embraced the 12 steps and lives it even though he could do whatever he wants. If there ever was a down to Earth humble billionaire, it’s Jimmy from the Colts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Discflinger For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (05-30-2021), Racehorse (05-29-2021), smitty46953 (05-29-2021), Spike (05-29-2021)
Old 05-29-2021, 11:32 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I agree and i dont know why. I just remember the media disparaging irsay after the arrest and that stigma sticking around. I have never understood why kraft seems so highly thought of, the winning i guess.
The winning has constant neverending scandals surrounding it. The only positive I can see in Kraft's favor is that he didn't use taxpayer money to build a new stadium. I'll give him credit for that, but that doesn't make him any less of a POS overall.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:29 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I agree and i dont know why. I just remember the media disparaging irsay after the arrest and that stigma sticking around. I have never understood why kraft seems so highly thought of, the winning i guess.
Irsay hasnt hurt anyone but himself. Kraft was playing with his girlfriend while his wife was dying of cancer and then goes pandering in a rub and tug palace. Winning is a great perfume to cover sins
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (05-30-2021), Racehorse (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 12:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,676 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Irsay hasnt hurt anyone but himself. Kraft was playing with his girlfriend while his wife was dying of cancer and then goes pandering in a rub and tug palace. Winning is a great perfume to cover sins
Didn’t some woman die in Irsay’s apartment?
Old 05-31-2021, 02:39 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

All owners are shitheads, including Irsay. Just a bunch of rank rich folk.
Old 05-31-2021, 02:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
All owners are shitheads, including Irsay. Just a bunch of rank rich folk.
Gotta disagree here Oldcolt. Irsay is not a bad dude, he's just human and has made mistakes, as we all have. Irsay donates money to help others. There is nothing wrong with being rich, doesn't make you a shithead. Just my opinion because personally, I don't know since I'm not a millionaire. Yes, some owners are probably shitheads, but not ALL. I did think Jim's dad was a shithead though as is Kraft.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:13 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I see it quite a bit different. Good people do the right thing even if it hurts them. The money these guys give is nothing to them. They give so everyone says how wonderful they are. They have always treated the people who work for them like shit. The final straw is how they have fought tooth and nail to first deny then stonewall to help all the old broken CTE injured NFL alumni. I see absolutely nothing to admire in these people. But really this just goes to show how freaking dead it is around here that this is what I'm talking about. This isn't even in the top 100 things I care about. Can't wait for this year to get going.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (05-31-2021), Spike (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 03:48 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I see it quite a bit different. Good people do the right thing even if it hurts them. The money these guys give is nothing to them. They give so everyone says how wonderful they are. They have always treated the people who work for them like shit. The final straw is how they have fought tooth and nail to first deny then stonewall to help all the old broken CTE injured NFL alumni. I see absolutely nothing to admire in these people. But really this just goes to show how freaking dead it is around here that this is what I'm talking about. This isn't even in the top 100 things I care about. Can't wait for this year to get going.
Great Point. Love that statement that "Good people do the right thing even if it hurts them". Love to have a beer or two or three with you Oldcolt. But just to be clear, I just said that all owners are not shit heads. That's like saying all Italians are in the mafia, just not true. Also, the people who have worked for Irsay have never said he treated them like shit, look it up. The people who worked for his dad, well that's a different story.
Oldcolt (05-31-2021), Racehorse (06-01-2021)